banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions

Do you keep OTTO open as well as Panda and HitForker? How do you accept the hits? I have read and watched the video many times, just need clarification, please.

I think a lot of people run Otto as well as PC and a scraper like Hit Forker. Make sure you use this calculator https://www.ourhitstop.net/page-request-calculator to set all your search speeds to keep your PREs down.

Comment

I just got the video about OTTO lite which was very good. I have a couple of questions though. I run OTTO lite, and MTS Hit Finder, Hit Catcher and Panda Crazy, although I don't use Panda Crazy to search for hits generally, only to watch the queue in case I need to easily return something. I only let Hit Finder and OTTO lite run pretty much all the time. Sometimes in Hit Finder, I find a survey that OTTO didn't find. Then I Once it and it goes into Hit catcher and I let it run. Now even when OTTO is running, I don't see any PRE's showing up in Hit Catcher. If I start searching in Panda Crazy, then I see the PRE's come up in Hit Catcher like crazy. So I will shut down all searches in HIT catcher before running a search in Panda Crazy. I am running OTTO at .9. I saw on the PRE page four things. OTTO search rate, which I got at .9, Panda Crazy search rate, which I put as 0 because i don't run it with anything else and two others, which I am not sure what they mean. These are the scraper hit rate and the additional app rate. For Hit Catcher I have set the speed at .997. My question is should I put this value in either of these two fields?

Comment

• CrazyCatLady
        CrazyCatLady commented
        Editing a comment
        @Jimmmac1

Let's see if I can break down your question here

1) it looks like you're running Hit catcher and Otto at the same time, .9 and .997. You're running both too fast: they should be 1.6 and 1.6 to achieve .8 per @Fisherman

2) I'm not sure if you saw what Fisherman posted today in the Daily Hit Thread about how PREs are *just one* of the issues with running things too fast. If you are not catching things, it may be that you're still running things too fast even though you never see a PRE.

3) For your situation, I would use the calculator on the RIGHT side of the page since you're only running two scripts at a time.

If it helps, here's my situation: I run Overwatch at 6 seconds, and Otto at 1. Effective page request rate is 0.857. Today I did $25 in hits Otto caught for me, all above $3 (I set it high because I have a p/t day job).

It might seem counterintuitive, but try slowing down your rates so that you get .8 overall and you might find you actually catch more.
    Working...
    X