Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit Forker/panda Questions + initial impressions

I was wondering if anybody could better help me better understand how hitforker is supposed to function. After watching the ohs youtube videos and setting up the configurations along with panda max I'm a little confused about if hitforker is working correctly. I'm not sure if its searching properly or if there are just fewer hits when I get on mturk in general because it seems like its pretty low in volume. So far I haven't been able to do that many hits because of this. I also don't quite understand how to do batch's and was curious about others experience when first starting. How long did it take most of you to start getting a decent number of hits and what's your experience with encountering rejections and decent pay? The last thing I wanted to ask is how the qualification studies posted on this website affect these kinds of things as well?

fgm5 what do you have hit forker settings at? Of course, the qualifications you have and the number of approved hits you have do play a part in how many hits are available to you. Remember to make sure you use that PRE calculator because getts PREs will slow down what you're able to catch.
    Batches - great batches are not as common as they once were. Keep you eye on the Daily Hits Thread here because people will often post when good batches are up. MLDataLabeler is a good one, if you see that requester post do their hits. They don't reject but if you do poor work they will block you.
    You should always try to get any qualifications you can. It opens up the opportunity to do more work.

Comment

Thanks for your response.

I have the search display at 3, minimum reward at 0.20, minimum TO at 3, and only qualified selected.
      I only remember having an issue with PREs 1 time where it jumped to like 50 around the 2nd or 3rd time trying out panda max and it together, but after adjusting the search delay I haven't seen any more thankfully. Everything else I left the same pretty much for hit forker. Perhaps its the size and TO options.

But I'll make sure to keep checking here for the qualification surveys as well as batches like you suggested.

Comment

• ZeldaFoot
        ZeldaFoot commented
        Editing a comment
        I keep my minimum TO at 0, and just check the requester's approval rate and TV reviews before I do the HIT. Sometimes the TO review can be low, but there's nothing wrong with the HIT. Just a thought, you could experiment with changing that filter and see how it works for you.

That seemed to help quite a bit with showing a lot more. Thanks
      One more quick question if you don't mind. How many pandas is too many to run at a time inside of panda crazy max?

Comment

• ZeldaFoot
        ZeldaFoot commented
        Editing a comment
        Remember that the more pandas you run, the less often it checks for each one. It's not looking for them all simultaneously, it's checking them in a cycle. I think the answer to this is kind of an individual preference, so play around with the numbers on this to find what works for you, but I generally won't run more than 6 pandas at a time.

Thanks for that.

Could you or someone else explain what the go ham button is for. Also I still kind of feel like there's a very minimal amount of task im being allowed to partake in, which is a little discouraging. But I have had a bit of luck with some of the qualification hits on this site which I'm grateful for, especially if they open up other ones down the road

Comment

• smartin
        smartin commented
        Editing a comment
        GoHam is to only search that 1 hit on PC. Ham is short for Hard As a Mother F*****
        Keep chugging away at the qual hits, take qual tests when you see them and as you complete more hits stuff will start opening up for you.
    Working...
    X