banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]





Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month


If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

I'll just start in.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I'll just start in.

    Quite a few of us are starting to use Prolific in addition to Mturk to get some Hits. I actually like their platform better than Mturk, but of course there's not as much work there. There's a fantastic add-on in the google store called Prolific Assistant. I highly recommend it. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ekajbgdenadepp

    #2
    Originally posted by fisherman4737 View Post
    Quite a few of us are starting to use Prolific in addition to Mturk to get some Hits. I actually like their platform better than Mturk, but of course there's not as much work there. There's a fantastic add-on in the google store called Prolific Assistant. I highly recommend it. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ekajbgdenadepp
    The extension seemed okay when I first got it. Now I never get a notice about a hit except when I first open a page and I get 5 that I'm not qualified for.

    Comment


      #3
      I've found the same thing, but that it works correctly if i'm logged into Prolific at the same time.

      Comment


        #4
        I'm having trouble staying on the studies page on Prolific - it goes to an error every so often.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
          I'm having trouble staying on the studies page on Prolific - it goes to an error every so often.
          Mine does that too. Like it times out if you aren't active after a while.

          Comment


          • CrazyCatLady
            CrazyCatLady commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes! I've started checking it when I check forums just so I don't miss anything

          #6
          I signed up about a week or so ago, and it said, "New participant signups are currently paused for a few days, due to changes to our security review processes." I'm still patiently waiting.

          Comment


            #7
            Originally posted by Curbie View Post
            I signed up about a week or so ago, and it said, "New participant signups are currently paused for a few days, due to changes to our security review processes." I'm still patiently waiting.
            hmm. that's the first time I'm hearing that one.

            Comment


              #8
              My prolific assistant worked for a couple of days... and hasn't made a peep since.

              Comment


              • CrazyCatLady
                CrazyCatLady commented
                Editing a comment
                I noticed I have to be logged in to get real notifications. Otherwise it just tells me some random assortment of surveys when I first open my browser.

              #9
              I singed up yesterday and I like it I made about 10 pounds so far if everything is approved. The work is much slower, but I think some of it pays better and it is good for subsidizing your mturk income in my opinion. I too have the issue with it notifying me when I first open my browser about the studies I am not qualified for. However, It does seem to pop up throughout the day and tell me things are up and those work too so I am not sure what to think. I guess with me signing up on the week end if it is anything like mturk that would explain why there was not much work. I am getting ready to install Distill Web Monitor although I have not used it yet I read it takes some steps to set it up and then it is supposed to alert you of work when it comes up. I cannot personally say much about it yet as I am yet to install and try to set up, but wanted to share and see what other members have to say.
              Monitor webpage or feed for changes. Get SMS and email alerts on change detection.

              Comment


                #10
                I wanted to mention if anyone does not already have a prolific account you can sign up here.
                Find the right participants for your studies.

                Comment


                  #11
                  Some scripts for prolific .
                  Prolific Alert https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/371224-prolific-alert

                  Prolific Exchange Rates https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/29...exchange-rates

                  Prolific Export https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/24729-prolific-export

                  I'm not sure they work or I just can't see how they work.

                  Comment


                    #12
                    Prolific is acting really glitchy for me. It just had me repeat about 50-75 demographic questions I had already answered, and was freezing and loading slow the entire time. I completed a study and got no code for the first time on Prolific. The submission paused while it was going through and never completed, so it advised me to enter "NOCODE" and proceed forth. It keeps logging me out in the middle of things. I submitted an error ticket to them and they responded and said their server was overloaded due to an overwhelming amount of new users in the past few weeks. ???

                    Comment


                      #13
                      Yep, Prolific is having issues today. I've gotten several reports from workers on that. Myself included.

                      Comment


                        #14
                        Originally posted by sarahsugar View Post
                        Prolific is acting really glitchy for me. It just had me repeat about 50-75 demographic questions I had already answered, and was freezing and loading slow the entire time. I completed a study and got no code for the first time on Prolific. The submission paused while it was going through and never completed, so it advised me to enter "NOCODE" and proceed forth. It keeps logging me out in the middle of things. I submitted an error ticket to them and they responded and said their server was overloaded due to an overwhelming amount of new users in the past few weeks. ???
                        Yeah it's been slow for me too and I submitted a ticket last week about the About You problem. Still haven't heard back. I did hear from them 2 or 3 weeks ago about a problem. I got the same excuse.

                        Comment


                          #15
                          I transferred from Prolific to Circle Friday and it still hasn't gotten to Circle.

                          Comment


                          • liscampll
                            liscampll commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I cashed out last Tuesday and received it Friday if that helps.
                        Working...
                        X