Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experiences with Prolific vs MTurk

I'm currently running a study on both MTurk and Prolific and both are working well for me, but how do they compare from the worker's perspective? In your experience, are either easier to use? Do either pay better or offer more consistent work?

I much prefer MTurk. More work, awesome requesters, and steady income.
    Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

I like the familiar format from one survey to the other on Prolific but I am not thrilled that once you accept the survey you must start it in 10 minutes. Mturk is "most of the time" more liberal with my available start time ie 60 minutes for a ten minute survey. Let's me prioritize.

Comment

I only started using Prolific in the last few months. I find there is a lot less work on it but I really like that everything is pre-qualified and I am not doing screeners and returning hits for an hour of the day. I also like that I can be more passive about finding the HITs and just look when I know I have time to complete them.

Comment

Hi there! Im new here but i use prolific and love it, just like i love mturk. In the last 8 months ive done 400+ surveys on prolific. The disatvantage is having to sit around and waiting for a survey. They do not have a hit catcher, only a extension on google chrome that tells you when a survey is available. The surveys are mostly from universities. But 97% of the work is legit.

Comment

Prolific is nice because they don't penalize you as much for rejections, the pay is a little higher (mostly because I am in the US and there is an exchange rate), and you are almost always prequalified, as long as the questionnaires still apply to you that you filled in at the beginning. The downside is that there is a lot less work and less time to start them once you accept them. Whereas Mturk always has something up. Usually I have both open at the same time on separate screens, and I usually jump on Prolific studies when I see them, regardless of what I am doing on mturk.

Comment

Working...
            X