banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

New to the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the Forum

Hello everyone:

I recently decided to join this forum. Found out about it on the Our Hit Stop youtube videos I found last night and decided I'd give it a try. Anyways, I've been an mturk member for a few years now, and have almost 700 hits completed. I want to get to 1000 hits completed as soon as I can. Therefore, I'm looking for some good quick hits that will help me get there. At this point, I don't care what the pay rate is on them. I'm just looking for good quick hits that people recommend and would prefer they are hits that don't take so long to approve as well.

Welcome Doc!

These are good to panda.
    Title: Verify a single value from a receipt | Accept
    Requester: 411Richmond [A38RXMI7DFPL8G] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$2.99] [Pay=Underpaid] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: [Pay=3.31] [Fast=4.63] [Comm=4.33] [Fair=4.74] [Reviews=364] [ToS=0]
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 0.01
    Duration: 30:00
    Available: 1
    Description: Verify the value of single data point (such as store, payment information, date, total etc) as displayed on the receipt
    Qualifications: None

Comment

First and foremost, welcome!
      As Bear mentioned 411richmond is a good one for the penny hits. Also if you put on a requester panda for MLDataLabeler or MLDataLabeling you will get some decent 1c and 3c hits simple and easy. They will sit pending for about 5 days before approving but they will pay, I've done about 20K of their hits without a rejection.
      Also don't hesitate to stop over on the DHT (Daily Hits Thread) and we can give you some good ideas for hits to get your numbers up. I almost always keep a requester panda going for one of the MLDataLabel requesters at all time (They use a handful of different accounts)

Comment

• normanmiller
        normanmiller commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with your opinion with MLDatalabeler. They are a great resource for penny hits and they can help bring up your approval rates. I used them exclusively to increase my rate, but you also have to be careful with them. They will soft ban you if you do too much. The soft ban can usually last a week or so.

Welcome! Glad you found us! As far as quick and easy hits, Ben Peterson is a good requester. There's almost always some posted.
      Names have been drawn for the Our Hit Stop Gift Exchange. Don't forget to send a gift by December 21!.

Comment

• normanmiller
        normanmiller commented
        Editing a comment
        Ben Peterson has a good reputation from what others have said on Mturk forum on Facebook. I haven't done any of his hits because I exclusively use Mldatalabeler. ZeldaFoot is correct that Ben has a good reputation.

Originally posted by smartin View Post
      First and foremost, welcome!
      As Bear mentioned 411richmond is a good one for the penny hits. Also if you put on a requester panda for MLDataLabeler or MLDataLabeling you will get some decent 1c and 3c hits simple and easy. They will sit pending for about 5 days before approving but they will pay, I've done about 20K of their hits without a rejection.
      Also don't hesitate to stop over on the DHT (Daily Hits Thread) and we can give you some good ideas for hits to get your numbers up. I almost always keep a requester panda going for one of the MLDataLabel requesters at all time (They use a handful of different accounts)
      I've done some hits from 411Richmond and some can be pretty hard. Some are also very time consuming too. But the ones where it's hard to read the receipt, it's impossible for me to do.

Comment

• ZeldaFoot
        ZeldaFoot commented
        Editing a comment
        the only 411richmond hits I do are the Verify a Single Value ones. If I recall, you can click on the receipt to open it larger in another window, but when you hover your mouse over the image it magnifies the area you're hovering over.

MLDataLabeler I have to qualify for.

Comment

• smartin
        smartin commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you able to do these?

Title: Answer Validation | PANDA
        Requester: MLDataLabeler [A1LWCCSJWAGBW] (Req TV): $13.43/hr/hr
        (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
        Description: Validate the provided question and answer pair
        Time: 5 minutes(s)
        HITs Available: 1
        Reward: $0.03
        Qualifications: d4a4d1db-ab64-4079-998a-873024a2dfeb DoesNotExist ; 9f9cab21-bb6b-4f3b-8f76-533778e3f752 DoesNotExist ; WorkersBlockedDueToPoorWorkQuality DoesNotExist ;

• normanmiller
        normanmiller commented
        Editing a comment
        Mldatalabeler has to be qualified for but its easy to do. The tests are simple and they will easily approve. Some tests are more difficult and tedious, but overall I feel its worth the effort, especially if your approval rate is low.

Originally posted by pcdoctor View Post
      MLDataLabeler I have to qualify for.
      Nope. I have to take a qualification test and I tried but I think I failed at it. It's hard.

Comment

• smartin
        smartin commented
        Editing a comment
        Some of the hits do have quals like the bounding boxes, I guess I didn't realize either of those do not exist quals require you taking a test, I've been doing them since the beginning so I know that they implemented quals but I thought those were simply to just block workers with poor quality

Hello. Kinda new but not really. LOL. Forgot all about this when it was created. Been here since the beginning but not really at all. HA. got an invite for the three day trial and couldn't have been more on time since my other job has me on furlough for now. or something. So last couple days been checking it out. Certainly can use more tools. I have lots to figure out. Posting hits, how everything works and where is it blah blah blah. As soon as I figure it out I will post hits too but probably not for a bit. Too much on my plate. I gotta get comfortable and figure it all out.
      BUT HI !!! Many of you know me and many don't. Good to see those I know. well those I don't too but you know what I mean.

Comment

• Fisherman
        Fisherman commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad you're becoming more active here. You'll find a lot to learn all over the place here. Especially in the DHT. Let us know if you have any questions.

• smartin
        smartin commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to see you and hope to see you on the DHT, if you have trouble with anything don't hesitate to just ask over there, we will be more than happy to help you!

Thank you

Comment

Hey everyone it's been so long since I've done anything with mturk and looking to get back into doing it along with other things that can make me some money. The pandemic is getting worse and I want to get out of working in fast food.

Comment

• normanmiller
          normanmiller commented
          Editing a comment
          Since the pandemic, it looks like a lot of work has dropped off. primarily due to schools being out. I've also been concerned about the amount of workers that have been added. Does anyone know if Amazon has slowed down on approvals of new people?

• ZeldaFoot
          ZeldaFoot commented
          Editing a comment
          normanmiller i will agree that in the beginning of the pandemic and lockdowns, mturk slowed down a lot. But since then I think it hasn't been that bad. We actually did a month long challenge in October at Our Hit Stop that we called Full Throttle October. We buckled down and did as much work as we could do every day, just to see if the work really was slow or if it was our motivation/perception that was holding us back. As it turned out, a lot of people found that the work wasn't slow at all. I had my best month of the year in October. Obviously, everyone's days and months look a little different based on demos and quals, and the upcoming holidays will play a part, but overall I think it's still possible to earn a decent amount on mturk.

• Fisherman
          Fisherman commented
          Editing a comment
          ZeldaFoot normanmiller Yep, Full Throttle October proved that the work is still there. There have been reports that I've been getting of Amazon slowing down on new account approvals though. Fortunately, our influx of new members is mostly from existing mTurk workers looking for a new home.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and its a pleasure to meet you. I have worked with Mturk for two and half years and I work with the system daily. I'm also with the Mturk forum on Facebook. Its a pleasure to meet everyone and I am more than willing to share my insights with anyone who asks.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Fisherman
          Fisherman commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad to have you aboard...put up an avatar in your profile so we can identify you easily as we scroll through...most of the action here takes place on the DHT (Daily Hits Thread), so drop on over and get your feet wet when you get a chance.

• smartin
          smartin commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad to have you normanmiller, excited to get to know you more!
      Working...
      X