banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Hi, N00b Here ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, N00b Here ...

Hi everybody! I'm a new member here ... so new that Amazon is still reviewing my application to be a turker. (I thought I'd signed up for it many moons ago but never did any work ...)

I signed up for Tier 3 so I could use OTTO ... did I jump in to the deep end too soon? Just looking for ways to scrape up a little more mad money and hope I can figure out a way to make it worth my time. Thanks for being here!

Tom

Welcome aboard! Hopefully they will get back to you soon, how long ago did you submit your application to be a turker? Once they approve you Otto will definitely help you out a lot especially in the beginning although at first it's a huge numbers game to make sure you get your hit count up and avoid any rejections to keep a good reputation. We will be able to walk you through everything, we are all a very friendly and helpful bunch!

Comment

Very cool, thanks! I was just approved earlier this afternoon. I'm having a bit of a hard time wrapping my head around how to get Panda Crazy running -- how much time I have to respond/work on a hit -- what happens if a screener questionnaire at the start of a survey weeded me out -- is that a knock on my reputation score? stuff like that.

Comment

• CrazyCatLady
        CrazyCatLady commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, if you get weeded out of the survey and have to return it, there's no worries. Mturk does track the fact that you return hits, but what you need to be worried about is the approval rating. Stick with trusted requesters at the start so that you keep the chances of rejection down.

You should see the hit timer in the top right corner of your hit screen. Panda Crazy will also show you in your queue window, but when you get comfortable with Otto you'll be able to use that as your queue watcher.

Panda Crazy has a decent help site: http://pandacrazy.allbyjohn.com/

What scripts do you have so far?

• t-willah
        t-willah commented
        Editing a comment
        After this post I figured out how to download / work Panda Crazy. I just have that and TamperMonkey for scripts. I completed one hit - the New York apartment price guessing game - and thought I completed another - the MIT altruism / politics / COVID one. I went all the way through the Qualtrics survey, got the code but then when I went to paste the code in -- it said "you have to accept the hit before you can complete the survey" (which I'm almost sure I did - else how could I work on the survey?) -- then when I clicked the accept button (I think for the second time) - I got the "this hit is no longer available" message. Did I do something wrong?

• Fisherman
        Fisherman commented
        Editing a comment
        It must not have been accepted. It's a common mistake that people new to mTurk can make. You'll get settled in to a rhythm soon enough.

Hiya Noob! So happy to have you here and, FYI, we LOVE noobs! If I can ever help, just holla!
      Making It Up As I Go Along

Comment

Watched Episode 4 of the A to Z vid on YouTube and have a question -- either I missed, or video doesn't explain or further mention what Panda Crazy Helper modified for OHS is, how to install/use, etc. Is it just there running in the background?

Comment

• t-willah
          t-willah commented
          Editing a comment
          also if you have OTTO (which I do) - do you need to do hit forker? I am soo new! TBH the idea of getting 1,000 completed hits is a bit daunting ... but I do like $$$

• CrazyCatLady
          CrazyCatLady commented
          Editing a comment
          You do not need Hit Forker to use with Otto. Some people have it, but it's definitely not required!

The panda crazy helper modified for OHS is so you can get nifty buttons next to the exports that people post in the DHT. Those buttons will allow you to add a hit directly to Panda Crazy without having to copy/paste anything.

To install it - it would be like how you added Panda Crazy. It's a script, so you'd need to add it to tampermoneky or whatever script manager you're using.

OK thanks CCL!

Comment

Working...
        X