banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! I've been signed up for a bit, but have stuck to lurking to better understand the community and get a basic understanding of how things work around here. At the moment, I'm not sure I can fully utilize the info in DHTs since I'm having to rack up my approved HIT count first. Years ago I'd tried Mturk, but now realize I had no idea how to efficiently use it. I have a goal of making decent income, but I realize I have a lot of work to do first.

I currently use MTS, and want to learn how to use it to my advantage. I admit though, sometimes I feel a tad lost, but I think I have the basics figured out.

Anyway, I came here from reddit, and GrandmaLisa2U told me to check this out. I feel like this is the kind of community I was looking for!

------------

Edit: I may use my own thread to post any random updates or info I think might be helpful, unless otherwise directed or find a thread I feel is more fitting. So far I haven't seen much else around the area, but it could be my account's personal permissions. It's just my way of not being uber spammy.
    Last edited by Gelynn; 02-13-2019, 08:40 PM.

Hi there,

I think you'll be amazed at how fast you can increase your HIT count. Don't be afraid to ask questions in the DHT. There are some HIT's that post pretty regularly to help you get your numbers up. Amazon Requester-RVD Team for instance, approve almost immediately. You'll probably want to use Overwatch to inform you when requesters that you like post. Check out the FAQ area if you haven't already.

Comment

Glad you found us just let us know if you need any help.
      welcomeflowerwagon.gif

Comment

Welcome, Gelynn!!

Comment

Welcome! Everyone here is great, don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any!

Comment

Gelynn!!
            ​​​​

Comment

Welcome! Glad to have you!!
              I would suggest downloading these https://www.ourhitstop.com/forum/we-...tarted-turking

I was very anti script for a long time, turked for many many years without it and it helps me A LOT.
              I would suggest watching a few Youtube videos on Panda Crazy to get familiar with how to use it. MTS is essential to keeping track of everything, it's a godsend.
              Feel free to reach out if you have any questions I'll try to help as best as I can.

Comment

Glad to see you aboard. Like everyone has said, always ask if there's anything you're not clear on. There's a LOT of experienced members here, so it won't take long to get you sorted out.

Find a scraper you like best (Hit Scraper, Hit Forker, Hit Finder)
                Install Panda Crazy
                Install Panda Crazy Helper (I suggest our own version at https://www.ourhitstop.com/forum/we-...-helper-script)
                You've already got MTS, so that means you've already got Hit Finder.
                Set Your Membership Tier (in an announcement at the top of any page)

That should have you good to go for the most part.

Comment

Question: Does anyone know if Mturk Suite is fully going into a monthly subscription? From what I'd read in the update, I wasn't sure if MTS was completely tied to Turk Viewer, given I used to see a TurkOpticon thing show up as well. I'm just a tad confused, but I feel like Turk Viewer is the only thing that the API Key is tied to, and as a result, the only thing we can plug into MTS. I'm currently toying around with Panda Crazy, since I'm thinking I'll just replace it entirely with that.

The only thing I'll miss is the option to turn Mturk in Dark Mode. If the sun is down, I typically turn all my platforms into Dark Mode. :P

Comment

• smartin
                    smartin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't think it will be turning into a subscription thing, it is just Turker View that is now requiring a subscription going forward and that's what the whole API key thing is. I personally use both MTS and Panda Crazy. They go very well together as PC doesn't do a good job at tracking earnings you have Finder with MTS (My preferred route to see what is being posted) Essentially my overall takeaway: TO and TO2 are separate from TV, TV now will require a subscription and that API key to build their feedback/stats for hits.

I haven't seen anything saying mts was going to a subscription based service. I believe TV is, but you won't have to pay that subscription to continue using mts as far as I know.
                  Names have been drawn for the Our Hit Stop Gift Exchange. Don't forget to send a gift by December 21!.

Comment

Ahh, okay. I had always felt like MTS was its own thing, given I'd seen TO and TO2 in my hover popup, but suddenly they quit showing up after TV made their announcement. I guess I'll have to tweak things or... something. But after installing PC, it's like a new world opened up to me with the DHT postings. Edit: I'm seeing both TO's now, so I'm guessing my reboot fixed something. shrugs
                    Last edited by Gelynn; 02-09-2019, 10:03 PM.

Comment

I can't remember where I'd talked about ScoutIt, but if it was on a DHT then it's probably gone. I never knew each thread was deleted; kind of sad that I miss out on replies if I'm too busy. I'm not as big a forum user as I once was.

Anyhoodles. So far I'm seeing my ScoutIt receipt HITs get approved. I'll update if the rest of the pendings are approved or rejected, but it looks like they just take awhile to get approved. I'm not sure what others mean about calling them approval killers, unless some aren't taking care to triple check their entries before submitting. I come from a data entry background, so I guess such tasks are second nature to me. :P One wrong entry could throw an entire database off, after all, so it's only fair if those get rejected.

As for p9r, they actually responded to one of yesterday's rejections. Because it was from an ambiguous handwritten entry, they overturned the rejection for me. So when it doubt, turn into a customer support rep and schmooze a bit, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Gelynn View Post
                        I can't remember where I'd talked about ScoutIt, but if it was on a DHT then it's probably gone. I never knew each thread was deleted; kind of sad that I miss out on replies if I'm too busy. I'm not as big a forum user as I once was.

Anyhoodles. So far I'm seeing my ScoutIt receipt HITs get approved. I'll update if the rest of the pendings are approved or rejected, but it looks like they just take awhile to get approved. I'm not sure what others mean about calling them approval killers, unless some aren't taking care to triple check their entries before submitting. I come from a data entry background, so I guess such tasks are second nature to me. :P One wrong entry could throw an entire database off, after all, so it's only fair if those get rejected.

As for p9r, they actually responded to one of yesterday's rejections. Because it was from an ambiguous handwritten entry, they overturned the rejection for me. So when it doubt, turn into a customer support rep and schmooze a bit, lol.
                        Yes, definitely don't ever hesitate to reach out to a requester when they reject to try to get it overturned and you are correct, the nicer you are the better. Don't ever want to come off to them as a jerk.

To answer your question about "approval killers" every rejection hinders your rejection rate. Ex: My current stats are as follows - Approved 75,913
                        Approval Rate 99.4524%
                        The closer you can be to staying at 100% the better. Honestly you want to stay at 99% and drop no more than to 98% as most requesters set qualifications to 98% and higher. The higher your approval rate = the better, the more hits you have approved = the better.

If you like data entry sometimes 411Richmond will post transcribe receipts and will pay bonuses per additional line. I did those once upon a time without a single rejection before I discovered all the "fancies" of forums and scripts. I myself do truly enjoy data entry myself but it's hard to make decent money on here doing it as most the requesters are not that great at paying very well.

Lastly, the DHT's don't get deleted. After the day is over and a new DHT is started for the day it gets archived. Up at the top next to "Today's DHT" is " DHT Archive" they are all sitting over there to keep space clean. You just can't access the panda buttons after it's been archived.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I'm ever information dumping, and feel free to PM me if you ever have a question. I can try to do my best. I've been Turking since 2010 and just discovered the beauty of forums and scripts and all that jazz about a year ago. I went from maybe making $300 a year to making $300+ a month. Things have picked up a lot this month and I'm on track to make about $600 overall if the pace continues. Don't be afraid to explore new things and hopefully your utilizing your pandas and the DHT to try to catch new things and earn some extra qualifications to open even more up for you.

Comment

411Richmond must be the one I keep doing, because I notice the bonuses. Or, they must practice the same thing. I've been doing them a lot, and I'm always approved, so maybe that'll make my stats jump to 99 again.

DHT archives: I must not have permission yet. I tried reading replies and can't see them. Not a big deal, it's just that feeling of not-knowing, like when someone tells you "nevermind." :P

Comment

• ZeldaFoot
                            ZeldaFoot commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Gelynn the DHT archives are available, among other perks, to all tier 2 or higher members. Which is just a $5 monthly contribution to help keeping the forum up and running.
                            p9r is notorious for their rejections, but if it works for you then do it! There was an article a few months back about how their data was crowd sourced and a good deal of it was incorrect, which reflected poorly on whomever the data was for. I want to say it was somehow political rated, but I don't remember exactly.

• Gelynn
                            Gelynn commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I figured it was a "premium" thing. When I can make Mturk a solid source, I'll definitely contribute. Giving back to the community that helps is only fair.

And what isn't political these days? Office politics, high school cliques...Heck, even the medieval reenactment group I was active in had their own share and in different forms. I just wanna live my life and be excited about Taco Tuesday. :\

It's been awhile, but I'm back, and restarting my goal of using Mturk properly. I quit for awhile because I was using a new survey site, and wanted to see how I faired there. Then I got a "real job," which I quit because... grocery store bakeries are NOT for the faint of heart. If you're a strong introvert who's only worked desk jobs, you'll cry. I cried. I'm a grown woman who's had a more stressful job before, but wow. Anyway... after some reflection, I mostly want to re-establish some things that I feel I didn't fully consider or understand with Mturk. I started out on my own, without realizing there was a whole community that banded together.
                          • How early do you all start working? (in PST if you can)
                          • What should I be looking for, as someone with only 2,313 HITS approved?
                          • What HITs should I be focused on given my clerical/admin, artist/graphics, and music experience? I just may not be thinking outside the box enough.
                            • My singing experience translates into a strong listening/comprehension skills. I'm very good with foreign accents, so I try to take low level transcription tasks when I find them. For art experience, I turn that into studying images, or sifting through tons to find a pattern or find the odd one out. I'm very experienced in image editing. I've tried finding work that somehow relates to clerical/admin, but they're always cheap data entry labor.
                          • What should I avoid entirely?
                            • I've read a few things already, like avoiding the really "cheap" tasks. I'll re-read the FAQ as well. But if there's anything you just happen to think of as a good tip not covered there, I'm open to hearing that. Everyone has their own methods, I'm sure. And sometimes, what I think will be great is actually a bad idea. So I'm just becoming a blank slate for the most part.

Comment

• Gelynn
                            Gelynn commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks for the feedback! My brain's been a bit off since I've been nocturnal after getting sick for all of June. Sadly that set me back on art I was doing for a friend, who really helped me out when I had some bank trouble. Thankfully said friend is pretty awesome and understanding. Being plunged into an unfamiliar environment hit me harder than I realized, and it didn't help that during shadowing, I was talked over and low-key jeered at for being so slow. Who does that? Sheesh.

Anyway, I had a feeling that 7-8am was probably the smartest time to start for me. I may have to rely on sleep aids to properly adjust my habits. Getting sick made me nocturnal thanks to waking up coughing up one organ at a time, lol. Maybe one day I'll be a hero and get up at 3am instead of go to bed at ... well we won't go there... :P

I'd tried signing up for Appen as well but... I only got contacted to recruit for Spanish speakers. The only words I know relate to restaurants, lol! As for P9R and ScoutIt, those were the two I mistakenly kept doing. No wonder I was getting discouraged! I do have PandaCrazy set up, and try to follow the requesters mentioned in DHT, so maybe I'll finally get my approval count up. I'll add the requester you mentioned to PC as well.

Once again, thanks!

• smartin
                            smartin commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Your welcome. I would make sure you utilize Hit finder (part of the MTS extension) or Hit Forker (A tampermonkey add on) (Or like me and do both) to try to find hits. If you do use forker you can use the O and P buttons to add them directly to Panda Crazy both of them have include and exclude lists so you can get notifications for requesters you like the most and you can also block those pesky ones that clutter things up so you can forget about them. Definitely get into the MLData's to get your numbers up, totally worth it. BTW when are ya gonna make an appearance on the DHT?

• Gelynn
                            Gelynn commented
                            Editing a comment
                            When I can be on at the same time as everyone else, lol. I always miss the general work window
                        Working...
                        X