Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings.I'm new(-ish) here

Hey folks. I've been kinda lurking here for a few months, but I figured with it being a lazy Sunday and all, I'd introduce myself. Basically I started Turking in October of 2019 after messing around with GPT sites for a year or two. Huge difference. I'm also a professional musician by trade, and with the clubs closed at the moment, this has been quite helpful. I'll hopefully start popping into the DHT this week, I still have some questions about Quals and batches and the like. I've had decent luck so far but I did get a sketchy batch early on that took quite some time to get my rating back up to 99%. Anyways, glad to be here.

Glad to have you here Ralph Todd can't wait to have you join us on the DHT. Feel free to ask questions about quals, batches, etc. We are all more than happy to share our knowledge with you. Hopefully you've been using scripts pretty well during this time to catch stuff? It's pretty slow this evening, typical Sunday but everyone should be pretty full swing here tomorrow.
    That's awesome that you are a musician. I wish I had that talent but I can honestly say music has kept my sanity more times than I care to try to count! What kind of music do you play?

Comment

• Ralph Todd
      Ralph Todd commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you much. Yeah I figured it's kinda dead on Sunday/weekends, but I've been able to get a few decent HITs today while doing other things. As far as scripts go, I use OTTO heavy, as well as MTURK Suite, Hit Forker, Panda Crazy, TO, etc. so I got that end covered.

I mostly play in hard rock type situations, but I've pretty much sessioned for pretty everything you can imagine, except for maybe polka and calypso, lol. And I can more than agree that quality tuneage has gotten me through some crazy times as well.

• smartin
      smartin commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad you are getting things going Ralph Todd It's hard to dig yourself out of a hole, I've been there myself. Over 400 rejections in a day, took me years to climb out of that hole!

You sound like me on enjoying a variety of music. I'll listen to anything from Rap to Jazz and just about anything in between depending on my mood. I'm a sucker for listening to Victor Wooten play his bass. Would love to see him live one day.

• Ralph Todd
      Ralph Todd commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh man! that sounds rough. Glad you finally got out of the hole though, that's a lot to overcome.

Awesome, Victor Wooten is fantastic. My dad is into Bela Fleck and I remember hear that for the first tie being like "holy crap, that dude on bass is killin' it".

Hi Ralph, Welcome. I am new to this forum, not new to Mturk. Happy to help in any way I can. Sorry to hear about the bad batch. I always do a bunch of MLdatalabers if I see them pop up to keep my numbers up if that helps. Also if it is a requestor I do not know or have never heard of I will only do a few until I know they are good. There are reviews of Requestors on https://turkopticon.ucsd.edu/reports. A lot of people check there.

Comment

• Ralph Todd
      Ralph Todd commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks! Yeah, I've heard good stuff about MLdatalabelers, I guess it's a matter being at the right place at the right time. You're right about requesters, Which is how I got the garbo batch, lol.. Yeah, I should get a little more on point with TO, it really seems to be useful.

Welcome Aboard...again...I've been playing guitar for about 35 years and love having other musicians around...In my spare time ( if I have any ) I enjoy my Les Paul, and JCM800...so we may be playing the same stuff.
    My goal is to build a life that I don't need a vacation from.

Comment

• Ralph Todd
      Ralph Todd commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! The classic hard rock set up. My guitar player is a Gibson guy as well. He normally uses a Brunetti Pleximan (a boutique Marshall Plexi clone), but he did show up to a gig a while back with a legit JCM880. He looked like a kid on Christmas, lol.
Working...
X