Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello I just joined this forum so I can get better at Turking. I am way over my head as far as extensions and Pandas but I am here to learn. I love Mechanical Turks!

Welcome

How long have you been turking? Everyone here is really great about helping others learn the ropes and answering any questions you might have. Feel free to post in the Daily Hit Thread (DHT) with anything you need help with, or just to say hello. Everyone here spends most of the time on the DHT and you'll get responses quickly over there. I look forward to getting to know you!

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey ZeldaFoot,

I have been turking since 9/11/21. I had knee surgery and couldn't do anything so someone close to me suggested Amazon Turk. This person a software engineer got me addicted to this turking thing which is way over my head but I love it. I have made a mess of things and am attempting to crawl out of an absurd amount of rejections that lowered my approval score. Didn't know you could get rejections because you went too fast. Anyway I'm almost back to 90% approval rating with nearly 4500 HITS. Trying to get better HITs and hoping OTTO will help.

• ZeldaFoot
      ZeldaFoot commented
      Editing a comment
      Requesters can reject for any reason they want to, really. It's annoying. That's why it's important to check the approval ratings of requesters before you first do work for them. But most are actually decent, and you can message them and ask about why you got the rejection and sometimes get them to overturn it. I think that can only be done within 30 days of submitting the hit though.
      But you can work your way back up in approvals! Like CrazyCatLady said below, check out the youtube channel. There's a lot of good information there. And keep an eye on the DHT. We're always sharing good hits and batches there.

Welcome ! Fisherman has some excellent videos up on the OHS channel that cover scripts. Give them a watch if you're wondering about how to use them

Comment

Working...
    X