Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy Hi there..

Hello everyone.. My name is Paul and I am new to MTurking.. I am 6 days in to my first 10 days.. I am using MTurk Suite and PandaCrazy.. So far I have 191 submissions, though today is very slow on MTruk, so I presume weekends are always slow?? I've watched a few of the Fisherman's videos (very informative), switched over to Chrome instead of Firefox, and will be adding TamperMonkey and HitForker getting ready to bring on OTTO.. One of my first questions is, given that I am not yet past the first 10 days, would OTTO be something to bring on board this early?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated..

It's a pleasure meeting all of you.. I'm sure this community will be a huge help..

P.

Hi Paulcifer - welcome

You're on a really good track. It sounds like you're headed in a good direction. I would also make sure to keep an eye on TurkerView and Turkopticon for potential rejections from requesters. People tend to post in those places when they get one. That way, you can avoid the dodgy requesters and keep your approval rating high.

Re Otto: It will help, but only with hits you are able to do. Right now, that window of available hits is pretty small. After your first 1k, it will grow quite a bit. So as long as you're not expecting miracles, then it wouldn't hurt to get started.

Finally, yes, it's pretty slow on weekends!

Comment

Welcome Paulcifer ! Weekends are generally slow because a lot of hits come from schools. There's sometimes still a few decent hits floating around, so you can try working weekends if it fits your schedule, but just know you will probably earn less on Saturdays and Sundays.
      If you have any questions you're more than welcome to post them in the Daily Hits Thread. Glad to have you aboard!

Comment

• Paulcifer
        Paulcifer commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the info... I will post in DHT soon.. Glad to be here..

P.
    Working...
    X