banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Greetings, and Welcome Aboard

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings, and Welcome Aboard

We're glad to have you. Please post here and let us know a bit about you. You'll find our membership to be very friendly and helpful at accomplishing your goals. Be sure to check out our FAQ section for tips on getting started. Post questions about anything, anywhere, and either myself, a moderator, or one of our fantastic members will be happy to help you out any way we can.

Hello, and I am Jekyll20. Recently I've been trying my hand at Amazon Mechanical Turk because I've run out of options for good jobs to apply for in my are and am currently waiting to be accepted for a few, but I am not expecting to hear back.

With no career prospects in my area, I have taken to finding work online through turk work and teaching myself web development in hopes of eventually saying up enough money to move to a place that has more job prospects and pay the first month's rent.

Comment

• Fisherman
      Fisherman commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome, please check out our FAQ area for a ton of tips on using this site to its fullest extent...and don't hesitate a moment to ask for help. We're all here to aid each other any way we can.

• Bear
      Bear commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the forum Jekyll20!

https://i.postimg.cc/76QPZzpr/r-8490...-1024x1024.jpg
      Last edited by Bear; 10-31-2018, 10:06 AM.

• Turking2Long
      Turking2Long commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome Jekyll20 Feel free to ask questions if we can help in any way!

Hey, thank you. Sorry, this forum layout IS a bit different from what I'm used to. I also don't see many other threads by people so I take it this forum is new, but how new exactly?

Also, I'm not sure where to post a thread for this, but I've recently come across a hit that's pretty confusing. It wants me to pair questions with answers, bu the English isn't very good, and I'm concerned I will mess up. Has anyone ever dealt with these before?

Comment

• Turking2Long
      Turking2Long commented
      Editing a comment
      I have not done these hits before and the requester has no TO rating. If the English is poorly written and confusing I suggest limiting how many of these you do until a few clear.

• Jekyll20
      Jekyll20 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. So far, all of them have cleared, but still. I forgot, how did you pull up that information?

• Turking2Long
      Turking2Long commented
      Editing a comment
      If trying to find out if the hits cleared check on the worker dashboard if you are trying to find the hits go to the dashboard click hits then search be requester.

Greetings, everyone. New to Mturk and this site. Trying to make sense of Panda crazy as it does not seem to be working for me for some reason, other than that, Ive become familiar and use some other scripts that are helping me dive into the world of Mturk! Looking forward to learning and growing and getting to know folks on here!

Comment

• smartin
      smartin commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome aboard Beth! I would suggest to take a look at our Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUM...HzbUP3OEmzRy1w
      There is a video on the basics of Panda Crazy hopefully that will help guide you a bit on how to use it. If you are still struggling feel free to just ask on the DHT (Daily Hits Thread), we have all been there at one point and will be glad to help answer your questions and clarify things. I look forward to seeing you around!

• ZeldaFoot
      ZeldaFoot commented
      Editing a comment
      just checking in on you Beth, did you get Panda Crazy figured out?

Hi everybody! My name is Nan and I am new to the forum but not to Mturk. Been a turker for about 6 years and heard about this forum from others and thought I'd give it a try. Look forward to getting to know you all!

Comment

• CrazyCatLady
      CrazyCatLady commented
      Editing a comment
      Hiya! Glad to have you with us I hope we'll see you in the DHT (daily hit thread) often!

• smartin
      smartin commented
      Editing a comment
      So glad to have you, I look forward to getting to know you as well!

Greetings. I'm new in this forum. Glad to be here

Comment

• ZeldaFoot
      ZeldaFoot commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome lucciaalozada ! Glad you found us here! If you have any questions, you'll find most of us hang out in the DHT thread.

• CrazyCatLady
      CrazyCatLady commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome! Glad to have you

• smartin
      smartin commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to have you here lucciaalozada let us know if you have any questions. Hope to see you around!

Hey Everyone. I am new to this forum. But I am not new to Mturk. I have been turking on and off for about two years now. I am quite familiar with basics and scripts of the mturk. This COVID-19 has brought me back to Mturk. Its good to be back.

Comment

• smartin
      smartin commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome back to turking. Hope we can help you get settled back into a groove. Hope to see you on the DHT! (Daily Hits Thread) Let us know if you have any questions about anything!

• CrazyCatLady
      CrazyCatLady commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the forum! Feel free to ask questions as they come up - we're pretty active on the DHT as smartin says.

Hi everyone! Just joined today and happy to be here. My name is Sandy and I've been Turking for 12 years. Found out about this site from the Mturk FB group. I look forward to getting to know you all and contributing when I find good HITs.

Comment

• CrazyCatLady
      CrazyCatLady commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome! We're glad to have you

• Fisherman
      Fisherman commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to have you, I don't say this lightly, but we're probably the most "top-heavy" mTurk forum on the web...that being...we have the largest number of long term mTurk workers you'll find in one place. So, I'm really glad to see you here. You won't see anybody "buying & selling" IDs, fighting, or any of that here, and when one of our members says something, it actually carries a lot of weight. Welcome to your new mTurk home.

• smartin
      smartin commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome! Hope you feel right at home, this has always felt like home to me.

Thanks for all of the welcomes everyone. I'll be getting the tier 3 membership and am looking forward to increasing my income with OTTO.

Comment

• CrazyCatLady
      CrazyCatLady commented
      Editing a comment
      Great! Feel free to ping any of the mods or just post questions in the DHT as you get started

• Sandcar
      Sandcar commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, CrazyCatLady.

Hello! I am new here. I kept hearing great things about the OTTO app on fb mturk forums and finally decided it was something I wanted to try out. I have been doing this since Oct 2019 and love making extra money so I can stay home with (and homeschool) my kiddos. I cannot wait to see how this can help me reach my goals. I try to be active every day and I love helping others, especially when I know everyone is reaching for the same goals. Anyway, thank you for having me!!

Comment

• ZeldaFoot
      ZeldaFoot commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome! I think you're going to love Otto! This forum is a great group of people who like helping others, too.

• Bear
      Bear commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome chey79 !

• CrazyCatLady
      CrazyCatLady commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome, we're glad you're here!

Hello everybody, I'm new here and just started Turking earlier this week so I'm very new to all of this haha. I'm glad I got to hear about you guys relatively early in my journey because from what I've seen, I think y'all really help people out and I think that's awesome. Glad to be here!

Comment

• CrazyCatLady
      CrazyCatLady commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi flawle33! Welcome to the board
      Come hang out with us on the DHT (Daily Hit Thread, link on the menu bar). Asking questions and general chit chat there is great

• Fisherman
      Fisherman commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to your new mTurk home

• ZeldaFoot
      ZeldaFoot commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm glad you found us too! Please feel free to ask any questions!

Hello everyone! I have been turking for about 4 years now. And it has recently slowed down for me. I'm not making what I used to. I had been hearing people talking about Otto in other forums. So I have decided to take the plunge and try it out. I am very hopeful this will help me bring my income back up!

Comment

• CrazyCatLady
      CrazyCatLady commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome

• smartin
      smartin commented
      Editing a comment
      Well we are glad to have you, we are all here to help each other succeed so hopefully we can help you out. Otto has definitely saved me many times when it is slow and when I'm not feeling like really working I love being able to walk away from the compute without always worrying what hits I'm missing from my scraper. Hope to see you around more on the DHT and let us know there if you have any questions. Always happy to help each other out!

Hello! I have been turking for 4 years, this year it has really slowed down. I am making 1/3 of what I used to make. Another group I am in raves about OTTO, so I decided to try it and hope that not only I can recoup what I have not made, but not sit in front of my monitor all day/night when I need to do other things while waiting for Panda to sing to me.

Comment

• CrazyCatLady
      CrazyCatLady commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome HondaGirl123! I think you'll find Otto is incredibly helpful, but it is slow right now for everyone. Hopefully as universities start back up we'll be seeing an increase

• ZeldaFoot
      ZeldaFoot commented
      Editing a comment
Working...
X