banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

First day with Otto and a couple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandcar
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for your reply, ZeldaFoot.

• Sandcar
    commented on 's reply
    Yep! Made $41.30. If I had started when I usually do, I know I would have easily made $50. Thanks again

• ZeldaFoot
    replied
    It's not unusual for me to run Otto, Panda Crazy, and HIT Forker. I set HF to a lower pay amount to see batches or quick little surveys. I also like to put HITs from the DHT into Panda. I just slow down the search rates when I'm running all those at once to keep the PREs down, like smartin was talking about.

Leave a comment:

• smartin
    commented on 's reply
    You are very welcome, don't hesitate to ask questions. Most of us hang out on the DHT and you are always welcome to post questions there too, probably get a reply faster too if you need something quick.
    Hope you are able to hit (and maybe even exceed) $40 Sandcar

• Sandcar
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks so much for all your help, smartin. Greatly appreciate!

Yes, it is definitely ungodly slow today. Although, I did start about an hour and a half later than I normally do because of reading everything I could on this forum about Otto and setting it up. I still managed to make more than $37.50 so far running both Otto and HIT Finder. Going to shoot for $40.
    Last edited by Sandcar; 06-25-2020, 05:24 PM.

• smartin
    commented on 's reply
    Sandcar, PREs are Page Request Errors, essentially your scripts calling to the Mturk site too often causing an error on the Mturk page and jamming things up. You should keep your total rate to .8 or higher to avoid them. For an example when I'm running everything at once I typically have Otto at 1.4, PC at 1.0 or higher and Forker at 3 when I'm hardwired to my internet I usually only get a few PREs per day which you can track in Panda Crazy until the new Otto (referred to as "Otto Heavy") is launched which will keep track of your PRE's and adjust your searches accordingly on Otto.
    And yes if you have both the qualified and masters in white it will only catch masters hits that you are qualified for.
    Here is the link to a calculator to help you figure out where you need to be to avoid PREs https://www.ourhitstop.net/page-request-calculator

My gut is telling me that might be your main culprit to not catching much, that and it's ungodly slow right now. The summer slump is real this year.

• Sandcar
    commented on 's reply
    Also, just to make certain...even if I have both the "qualified" AND the "masters" it will only catch masters?

• Sandcar
    commented on 's reply
    What exactly are PREs? I have my search rate set at 0.8.

• smartin
    replied
    If you click on Masters it will only accept Masters hits.

I personally use Otto on one computer and run Forker and PC on my main computer that I use to turk on. I've always been a batch person so I keep them running to try to catch batches mainly or hits that are posted in the DHT that I want a shot at that Otto didn't catch for me. I know that there are a good handful that only use Otto though. I just also have a hard time breaking old habits.

Make sure you have your search rates set accordingly too so you don't catch too many PREs, might be part of why you weren't catching anything too if you were stacking up on PREs.

Leave a comment:

• Sandcar
    started a topic First day with Otto and a couple questions

First day with Otto and a couple questions

Good morning all!

So I started using Otto this morning. Here are my questions for the day...

I normally use Firefox because I just prefer it over Chrome. Of course, since Otto is only available on Chrome, I have to have that browser up as well as Firefox, where I like to do my Mturk surveys from. Before Otto, I used HIT Finder/Catcher and had pretty good success using those scripts, adding an additional $10-$15 a day to my daily goal. But I wanted to see if also adding Otto would help me make an additional $10 or so to my day.

I know I am to turn on Otto before my HIT Finder/Catcher, which I did. At first, only my Catcher was catching HITs, which had me wondering if Otto was doing his job. I've had both up and set for $1 for nearly 2 hours now. Otto has caught 4 HITs in that time that Catcher didn't catch. I had to throw back 2 of them because they were for German-speaking people, which I am not.

I'm wondering if you guys run only Otto or use it in conjunction with scrapper scripts and what are your reasons why you prefer to do either.

Also, I do have masters and wonder if I click on both the "qualified" AND "masters" buttons on Otto, will it only catch masters HITs or both masters and the qualified?
    Last edited by Sandcar; 06-25-2020, 12:28 PM.
Working...
X