Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Otto Heavy Query

I upgraded to Otto Heavy earlier this month. I wanted to ask if anyone else is having problems with the Audio Settings. I have it set on Beep 4, however when a hit gets caught it is coming out as Beep 2, yes I have clicked the save button each time. I have uninstalled Otto Heavy and reinstalled it again but am having the same problem. My other question, I am aware that it is not very busy right now but my Otto Heavy doesn't appear to be catching much and there have been a few occasions where I have caught a hit manually with not problems but the app should have caught it. I am wondering if my settings are right, I did follow Fisherman's video with the settings. Just hoping someone could give me some advice.

I've never really tried to change the beeps, to be honest. But with respect to the other question, I know Fisherman posted a couple weeks ago about the CR #1 qual and how it might be messing with Otto's being able to catch some hits. The other thing to make sure of is that Otto is the first thing you turn on before any other scraper.

Comment

Utvols52 The sound issue has plagued me for a long time now. It will be addressed in the new version of Otto to be sure. As to the performance issue...some requesters have implemented some methods that are occasionally throwing Otto into a holding pattern on some Hits. This is also being dealt with in the next release. In the meantime, I suggest that you supplement with Hit Forker and Panda Crazy, and that you always start Otto first before anything else, and clear your cookies often. It may be that you have a corrupt installation also and you might try getting rid of Otto, restarting your computer and then re-installing.
      My goal is to build a life that I don't need a vacation from.

Comment

Thank you guys for your replies. I'll definitely make sure that Otto is the first thing to turn on before anything else.

Comment

yeah I noticed the sound issue too, I tried to upload a different sound it just keep going to whatever sound still... and I can't seem to set the settings on MTurk filter to something different than Otto (as was suggested by someone in the forums, to search for batch hits there). Difficult to explain, but let's say Otto is set to $1 and I look for 0.01 on MTurk site, it sets it to $1 (but doesn't seem to check the qualify checkbox), not sure if that's how it is supposed to work or not... If I change the filter, anytime I submit a hit, there it goes resetting the filter again to having the qualify filter unchecked as well as the amount to match Otto's setting.
          Last edited by Zayacori; 05-08-2022, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X