banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

National Certified Nurse day & National Lets Laugh day - Thursday March 19, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Certified Nurse day & National Lets Laugh day - Thursday March 19, 2020

Today we're gonna do 2 days. Because really, we need to be extra grateful for all the nurses out there, and more than ever right now, we need to laugh. So lets appreciate nurses, and maybe make them laugh. If they have time of course!

Good Morning fellow turker workers! I hope Otto keeps me as busy today as yesterday. WhoCouldItBe -I have a few nurses that I really love & appreciate. If you have to deal with any kind of extended treatment a few really good nurses with a sense of humor go a long way!

Comment

• WhoCouldItBe
      WhoCouldItBe commented
      Editing a comment
      My wifes dad spent a lot of time in hospitals before he died, and had a lot of nurses over many years, and no matter his circumstances, he always cracked jokes and had fun. They loved him for it. So we are forever grateful to them, and do know that most really enjoy a sense of humor. Especially with all the stuff they see in a day/week/month/year. Her dads favorites were always the ones with the humor and sarcasm that he had. I'd say we should all hug a nurse today, but I think that's bad advice with what's going on. Lol.

• Turking2Long
      Turking2Long commented
      Editing a comment
      I have some awesome chemo nurses and the hospital actually lets you request certain nurses by name. That way when you get a couple of nurses that you prefer you can ask for them ahead of time. My nurses are funny and keep me laughing the whole time.

• WhoCouldItBe
      WhoCouldItBe commented
      Editing a comment
      Turking2Long I can imagine when going through something like chemo, you would certainly want certain nurses. The comfort in a shitty time has to be nice. I am really glad they let you choose. The last thing you want is someone around who you aren't comfortable with.

Title: Answer a survey about your opinions of Quantified-self and Smart technology | Accept
    Requester: Sveinn Julian Sveinsson [A1YMW6C5550ZYL] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$101.29] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: No Reviews
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 7.40
    Duration: 1:00:00
    Available: 1
    Description: Give us your opinion about the survey if you feel something can be improved with the text or the questions.
    Qualifications: None

Comment

Title: Judgments of Industriousness and Idleness(≈ 40 minutes) | Accept
      Requester: SurveyComet [A3NC2P2SPK9QQ] Contact
      TV: [Hrly=$21.79] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=2] [Blk=0]
      TO: [Pay=4.14] [Fast=4.69] [Comm=4.12] [Fair=4.79] [Reviews=555] [ToS=5]
      Reward: 5.00
      Duration: 1:10:00
      Available: 1
      Description: You will complete seven brief questionnaires that ask you to describe your personality and attitudes. These should be completed in one sitting.
      Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; SurveyGroup [2379] DoesNotExist ; Exc: [204582-203993] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US

Comment

This is your "don't do" hit of the day. 20-30 minutes, that's it. I mean, granted it's probably a lot less, but that shiny penny... "people are out of work, let's pay the least we possibly can"
        Title: Study on social behavior during COVID crisis | PANDA
        Requester: Danilo Bzdok [A1XNNRXY6J6Z8V] (Req TV): $-/hr
        (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
        Description: The rapidly accelerating COVID pandemic must be better understood. Please *help us*. Research teams in Oxford (UK), from Institut Pasteur (France) and McGill University (Canada) unit their areas of expertise to investigate societal consequences
        Time: 30 minutes(s)
        HITs Available: 1
        Reward: $0.01
        Qualifications: Location EqualTo US-PA;

Comment

• chrisomni
          chrisomni commented
          Editing a comment
          Criminal.

• ProtectorOfKittens
          ProtectorOfKittens commented
          Editing a comment
          I've taken underpaid studies because they were interesting. But I'm going to avoid this one like the virus itself.

• witch1
          witch1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Please help us by paying more than 3 cents an hour!

Good morning!

Comment

Good morning y'all, I hope everyone is ready for a great day.

Comment

Despite everything Spring will come

At precisely 11:49 p.m. EDT March 19 (3:49 UTC on March 20), the Sun will cross the celestial equator, from south to north, signifying the start of spring!

Additionally, this is the earliest vernal equinox seen from North America in 124 years. The last time the equinox fell on March 19, was way back in 1896!

Why is this particular equinox so early?

The exact timing of the equinoxes and solstices changes from year to year, simply due to slight variations in Earth's orbit around the Sun. What's different this year, though, is a combination of two factors - the Leap Year, and Daylight Saving Time.

When we added February 29 to the calendar this year, it pushed the calendar forward for everything after, and thus shifted the timing of every celestial event like this back a day, compared to last year. So, rather than the Equinox happening on March 20 again, it is on March 19.

Also, Daylight Saving Time factors into this because we're observing it a month earlier than we used to (before 2007). If it wasn't for DST beginning in early March this year, the equinox would take place on March 20, at 12:49 a.m. ET.

Comment

• witch1
              witch1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I cut my yard yesterday. I love spring!

In otto, under the TurkOpticon options, what do you guys have the numbers set at?

Comment

• Bear
              Bear commented
              Editing a comment
              I have 0 and 2 right now.

• cyvamp
              cyvamp commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks Bear

Title: Curiosity Video Task Guessing | PANDA
            Requester: Abigail [ATEVL9O9FEYTU] (Req TV): $11.59/hr/hr
            Description: Watch animated line drawings and guess what the picture is going to be of.
            Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
            Reward: $5.00
            Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: A 30 minute Remesh Conversation about watching TV and using social media - 10:00AM EST | PANDA
              Requester: Marketing Team [A1X47GCK2IDEX3] (Req TV): N/A
              Description: A 30 minute Remesh Conversation about watching TV and using social media - 10:00AM EST
              Time: 3 hour(s)
              Reward: $7.50
              Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Good morning. Okay I am no long oversleeping...this is apparently how it'd going to be now!
                Making It Up As I Go Along

Comment

• Turking2Long
                  Turking2Long commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Same here I have been up since 3 LOL

Good morning, everyone! It's day 3 of my self-imposed FB exile. I thought I'd miss it more, but not so much. I don't know how long of a break I'll take from it. Originally it was only going to be a week, but maybe I'll just wait until CV bows out of the spotlight. lol.

Comment

Good Morning All...I won't be on till this afternoon as I've got a few errands to run. When I get back, we'll have start Phase 10 beta testing.

Comment

if you guys signed up for these the fourth one posted.

this one and last one all you had to do was submit the hit and not complete anything (essentially free 10.00)....
                    Title: Nine part English language study - Part 4(~ 20 minutes) | Accept
                    Requester: Briana Chang [A1PDD7NNUS1A84] Contact
                    TV: [Hrly=$83.71] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Poor] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
                    TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=2.75] [Comm=2.80] [Fair=3.80] [Reviews=7] [ToS=0]
                    Reward: 5.00
                    Duration: 1:30:00
                    Available: 9
                    Description: Complete up to 9 English language activities through April 16th - Part 4
                    Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Comment

Working...
                    X