banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Reconciliation Day HITs Thursday April 2, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reconciliation Day HITs Thursday April 2, 2020

Forgiveness doesn't always come easy, and broken relationships are often hard to repair. Friends and family members sometimes let the emotional distance between each other grow for years—or even decades—until it feels like their relationships may never be mended. Reconciliation Day is used to write a letter, make a phone call, or to connect with an estranged loved one in another way, in an effort to forgive and to work to mend a broken relationship.

On April 2, 1989, syndicated columnist Ann Landers—real name Esther "Eppie" Lederer—responded to a letter she had received from someone in Van Nuys, a Los Angeles neighborhood. The writer had said that the years were flying by and that as of late, time was more precious. They said their parents were getting old, their aunts and uncles were getting sick, and they hadn't seen their cousins for years. They asserted that their friendships were becoming more precious as the years passed, but acknowledged that some of their friendships had been rocky or had been left unnurtured for years.
    "Wouldn't it be terrific if a special day could be set aside to reach out and make amends? We could call it 'Reconciliation Day.' Everyone would vow to write a letter or make a phone call and mend a strained or broken relationship.
    "It could also be the day on which we would all agree to accept the olive branch extended by a former friend. This day could be the starting place. We could go from there to heal the wounds in our hearts and rejoice in a new beginning."

In Landers' letter back, she said it would be wonderful if anyone who had a falling out would pick up the phone and call the person. "Go ahead and do it!" she told her readers. However, she stopped short of officially declaring it Reconciliation Day for subsequent years.

In her April 2, 1992, column, Landers' shared the following message that had been sent to her by T.R. in Orlando:
    "It has been quite a while since you printed that wonderful column on Reconciliation Day. It worked wonders in our family, and I hope you will run it again for those who may not have seen it the first time. In fact, why don't you make it an annual event-and name it Ann Landers' Reconciliation Day. How about it?"

Landers responded to T.R. by writing, "From now on, April 2 will be Reconciliation Day."

Did anyone else get an email and text when they logged in this morning? I had to click a button to say it was me. The email said I had logged in on a different device but I didn't it is the same computer I always use.

Comment

• WhoCouldItBe
      WhoCouldItBe commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't, that definitely seems suspicious. You should probably change your passwords to be safe. By probably, I mean, definitely change your passwords. And set up 2 step authentication on Amazon.

• witch1
      witch1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like something stinky is going on. Change passwords ASAP.

• belle
      belle commented
      Editing a comment
      I will change my password. Thanks

Morning everyone. I was convinced it was Friday today. Much to my disappointment, it is not.

Comment

• njeane13
      njeane13 commented
      Editing a comment
      It feels like a Friday.

Good morning Knights of the Turk!

Comment

Title: Scientific reaction time experiment on language comprehension [45-55 min] | PANDA
      Requester: Kaup Lab [AG7IJQDP78DTK] (Req TV): $13.50/hr/hr
      (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
      Description: React to the font color of words by pressing a specific keyboard key [~ 45-55 min]
      Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
      HITs Available: 1
      Reward: $6.50
      Qualifications: Location EqualTo US; Completed Experiment UDOE DoesNotExist ;

Comment

• bromeliad
        bromeliad commented
        Editing a comment
        Right-handers only.

Good morning!

Comment

Please join me in welcoming our newest member gman42 to the forums.

Comment

• Curbie
          Curbie commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome!

• smartin
          smartin commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome gman42 glad to have you!

• Aero224
          Aero224 commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome!

Title: Daily Diary Study on Reactions to COVID-19 (Day 2) | PANDA
        Requester: Ann Pearman [AAS6SN5KCWTXW] (Req TV): $19.12/hr/hr
        Description: This daily diary study will examine activities and well-being in adults age 55+ living in the United States. To be eligible, you must have completed the first survey (yesterday). You will receive $1.00 for completing this 15-minute survey.
        Time: 4 hour(s)
        Reward: $1.00
        Qualifications: Age - 55 or Older EqualTo 1; Completed Day 1 of COVID-19 Daily Diary Study (W1) Exists ; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

(Aalto University / LeTech) [$7.50] - - Research study: Complete a demographic survey, watch an instructional video, answer questions about the video

http://worker.mturk.com/projects/3BJ...?ref=w_pl_prvw

Comment

• cyvamp
            cyvamp commented
            Editing a comment
            35 minutes, so start right away. 25 minutes of watching a video on programming

• librarian50
            librarian50 commented
            Editing a comment
            I had seconds to spare.... I put a note in at the end that it was not enough time. I am going to email too. Other than that, I really enjoyed it

• cyvamp
            cyvamp commented
            Editing a comment
            librarian50 I found it really interesting too lol

Title: Story Comprehension(~ 45 minutes) | PANDA
          Requester: Stephen Van Hedger [AQXG7ARBJOQDO] (Req TV): $13.90/hr/hr
          Description: In this study you will listen to two stories. You will be asked to make simple judgments during each story, and you will also answer some comprehension questions about the stories. Participation takes around 45 minutes.
          Time: 3 hour(s)
          HITs Available: 2
          Reward: $7.50
          Qualifications: Exc: [-597020530-207852] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; Location In CAUS; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90;

Comment

• cyvamp
            cyvamp commented
            Editing a comment
            35 minutes, the stories were pretty great

Good Morning One and All, Hope today is a good one for each of us.

Comment

Title: Manufacturing/ Distribution of Parts of rail vehicle | PANDA
            Requester: Plancky [A1I5T1L0DUMZ63] (Req TV): $14.33/hr/hr
            Description: Choose the appropriate category that best suits the company. Use any text, reviews, photos, etc.
            Time: 1 hour(s)
            HITs Available: 22
            Reward: $1.05
            Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location In AUCA;

Comment

https://worker.mturk.com/projects/38...to_accept=true

Austin Miller
              Consumer Response to Business Opportunities(~ 30 minutes)
              $5.00
              Masters
              ~22 minutes survey is legit. Don't worry (I posted this very late last night but you might not have seen it)
              approved instantly

Comment

Good morning, everyone! I'm having major beach withdrawl.

Comment

Title: A 30 minute Remesh Conversation - 10:30am ET / 7:30 am PT | PANDA
                  Requester: remesh [A32BFAN07OQKZN] (Req TV): $13.54/hr/hr
                  Description: A 30 minute Remesh Conversation - 10:30am ET / 7:30 am PT
                  Time: 2 hour(s)
                  Reward: $7.50
                  Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• dazcat
                    dazcat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just got this! Hopefully it's not as bad as the last one which was over an hour.

• Kizzy
                    Kizzy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I got it but it hasn't started yet and it is after 7:30
                Working...
                X