banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

International Louie Louie Day HITS Saturday April 11, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Louie Louie Day HITS Saturday April 11, 2020

International Louie Louie Day celebrates "Louie Louie," one of the most recorded songs in rock and roll history. It takes place on the birthday of Richard Berry, the writer of the song, who was born on the date in 1935. Many other important events surrounding the song took place in April as well, making it fitting the song is celebrated when it is.

Richard Berry wrote the song in 1955 and released it in April 1957 on Flip Records, under the name Richard Berry and the Pharoahs. The song was influenced by the rhythms of Cuban composer René Touzet's "El Loco Cha Cha," which itself was based on another Cuban song. It also was influenced by the rise in popularity of calypso music in the United States at the time. The storyline was inspired by Chuck Berry's "Havana Moon" and Johnny Mercer's "One For My Baby (And One More For The Road)."

In 1961, Rockin' Robin Roberts and the Wailers (not to be confused with Bob Marley's group) recorded a version of the song. This version introduced the phrase "Let's give it to 'em, right now!" to the song, and became a popular hit in the Northwestern United States. Many more bands started covering the song after hearing this version, including the Kingsmen. On April 6, 1963, they recorded their version in one take, at Northwestern Inc. Recording Studio in Portland, Oregon. This would become the most enduring version of the song. As the microphone was hung far above singer Jack Ely, it is hard to decipher what exactly he is saying on the recording. Being that it was recorded all in one take, it has a raw sound and imperfections were left in. Most notably, after the guitar solo, at about the 1:57 mark, Ely starts on his vocals but then abruptly stops, realizing he came in too soon. Drummer Lynn Easton can be heard attempting to cover up the mistake with a drum fill.

Title: Thoughts on Your Romantic Relationship | Accept
    Requester: Lauryn [A3NUKJJL19WPEG] Contact
    TV: No Reviews
    TO: No Reviews
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 3.00
    Duration: 2:00:00
    Available: 1
    Description: This is a 30-minute survey about your current romantic relationship. You will answer questions about how you communicate with your current romantic partner.
    Qualifications: Masters Exists

Comment

Title: A Short Survey on How to Manage Society(~ 8 minutes) | Accept
      Requester: SPIR.UC [A194KWH734TE8H] Contact
      TV: [Hrly=$7.53] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
      TO: No Reviews
      Reward: 1.50
      Duration: 45:00
      Available: 11
      Description: We are looking for your opinion on current issues affecting American society.
      Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Exc: [-1718036879-210128] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US

Comment

Good morning!

Comment

Title: Covid-19 Hotline | PANDA
          Requester: Antino Kim [A2U6YZEK262E09] (Req TV): $10.98/hr/hr
          (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
          Description: You will spend about 12 minutes watching a recorded interaction between a covid-19 health hotline agent and a user, and answering questions about your opinions of the interaction and the agent. Payment is $2.00.
          Time: 30 minutes(s)
          HITs Available: 1
          Reward: $2.00
          Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Covid19 Hotline (2020_04_10) DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• Bear
            Bear commented
            Editing a comment
            8 minutes

Title: Daily Diary Study on Reactions to COVID-19 (Day 11) | PANDA
          Requester: Ann Pearman [AAS6SN5KCWTXW] (Req TV): $17.46/hr/hr
          Description: This daily diary study will examine activities and well-being in adults age 55+ living in the United States. To be eligible, you must have completed the first survey. You will receive $1.00 for completing the 15-minute survey.
          Time: 4 hour(s)
          Reward: $1.00
          Qualifications: Age - 55 or Older EqualTo 1; Completed Day 1 of COVID-19 Daily Diary Study (W1) Exists ; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

I went to the store this morning for the fist time in about 3 weeks. I wore a mask, used hand sanitizer and was still a little freaked out.

Found eggs but no meat.

Comment

• Carolyn
              Carolyn commented
              Editing a comment
              There are lots of news stories now about meat packing plants either closing down for a cleaning or workers not showing up because they are afraid. Looks to me like we have kink in food supply chain.

• Curbie
              Curbie commented
              Editing a comment
              They just closed down a Smithfield plant on the other side of SD because 80 tested positive.

• Turking2Long
              Turking2Long commented
              Editing a comment
              I have read of purdue and tyson plants closing for 30 days due to sickness amongst the emplyees

Title: Current Affairs Survey | PANDA
            Requester: myrsurveygrp [A22FTHFR89H7J7] (Req TV): $16.70/hr/hr
            Description: We would like to hear your views about America
            Time: 2 hour(s)
            Reward: $3.50
            Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Happy Saturday! The sun is shining and the birds are singing here. It's nice to have a break from gloomy weather. I'll be kicking kids out later for some fresh air.

xlabs will be posting later, but other than that, I'll be focusing on the house today. I'll still be listening for the chime of my favorite requesters though. Even though we've been home for four weeks now, our list hasn't really gone down at all. lol There's always something else that needs to be done.

Comment

Title: Behavioral Survey (2-20 minutes)(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
                Requester: UPenn Researcher [A2M70XENI0CWIR] (Req TV): N/A
                (TO): [Pay: 3.25] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
                Description: 2-20 minutes; .50
                Time: 1 hour(s)
                Reward: $0.50
                Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Exc: [282684229-210174] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

Comment

Title: Find stories in social media posts about vaccines | Accept
                  Requester: Joshua Introne [A1GVB0L841WR6Q] Contact
                  TV: [Hrly=$14.13] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
                  TO: [Pay=4.57] [Fast=4.98] [Comm=4.69] [Fair=4.98] [Reviews=52] [ToS=0]
                  Reward: 6.00
                  Duration: 8:00:00
                  Available: 0
                  Description: Follow instructions to identify elements of stories in posts from online vaccine discussions. Good performance will qualify you for a large (~1000) batch of HITs.
                  Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Comment

• TurknShop
                    TurknShop commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Has anybody done this yet? Sounds like it could be a good and rare qual. I caught it but haven't even looked at it yet.

Okay, I finally completed it. I think I would really enjoy these. I hope I get it!
                    Last edited by TurknShop; 04-11-2020, 05:58 PM.

Title: Performance Evaluation(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
                  Requester: Tanvi Shah [ALTBV4O5ZOGX9] (Req TV): $38.49/hr/hr
                  Description: Survey to better understand perfomrance evaluations at organizations.
                  Time: 45 minutes(s)
                  HITs Available: 6
                  Reward: $1.81
                  Qualifications: Exc: [6623729-210170] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US;

Comment

• Bear
                    Bear commented
                    Editing a comment
                    4 minutes

Good morning, everyone!

Comment

Happy Saturday! It's egg dying day at our house!

Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be rough for the South East. We might be hunting eggs inside! I can't remember it ever storming on Easter.
                    Names have been drawn for the Our Hit Stop Gift Exchange. Don't forget to send a gift by December 21!.

Comment

• Bear
                      Bear commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It could be bad tomorrow. Everybody stay safe.

• belle
                      belle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Our weather is the same for tomorrow.

Title: A short survey for employees who moved to working from home due to the COVID-19 quarantine | PANDA
                    Requester: Noa [A38TVYP5NSNYH2] (Req TV): $24.66/hr/hr
                    Description: You are invited to complete a short survey (approximately 20 minutes) for employees who are working from home due to the COVID-19 quarantine. This survey is for employees of organisations - not for freelancers.
                    Time: 40 minutes(s)
                    Reward: $2.50
                    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Working...
                    X