banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Easter Sunday HITs April 12, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easter Sunday HITs April 12, 2020

It is also Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day:
    Grilled Cheese as we know it is considered to be an American tradition. Recipes for grilled cheeses have been mentioned in Ancient Roman texts, so the idea of grilled cheese goes back a long way. What many people consider to be grilled cheese can be traced back to the early 1920s.

During the industrial revolution, Otto Frederick Rohwedder invented the bread slicer that made distributing slice bread more accessible and more affordable. Shortly before this invention, however, James L. Kraft created processed cheese. His process ensured that this cheese won’t spoil even when transported long distances.

By 1914, J.L. Kraft & Bros Company opened in Illinois with the company ever expanding over the next five years. The company’s factory cheese was considered to be a cheap product that could be produced on a massive scale rather than a delicacy.

So, who thought of the combination? Well, the American Navy thought of it through their government-issued cookbooks. Navy chefs would cook up hundreds of “American cheese-filled sandwiches” for those fighting in World War II.

These sandwiches were served with grated cheese. Sliced cheese wasn’t introduced until the late 1940s when Kraft Foods introduced Kraft singles, and then years later supermarkets stocked them in the 1960s.

The ’60s brought out the term “grilled cheese,” an American invention added the second slice of bread on top, making it one of the most popular meals to have for lunch or dinner.
    ​​​​​​

Title: Tell us about yourself again! Evaluating two different types of personality questionnaires(~ 25 minutes) | Accept
    Requester: Angus Hughes [A11I4W34OBH8FI] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$12.40] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: No Reviews
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 2.50
    Duration: 1:30:00
    Available: 27
    Description: You are re-invited to complete a personality questionnaire and answer some questions about yourself. Our aim is to make sure a new kind of questionnaire we have developed works as well as a more established one.
    Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Comment

Good morning!

Comment

Title: Daily Diary Study on Reactions to COVID-19 (Day 12) | PANDA
        Requester: Ann Pearman [AAS6SN5KCWTXW] (Req TV): $17.46/hr/hr
        (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
        Description: This daily diary study will examine activities and well-being in adults age 55+ living in the United States. To be eligible, you must have completed the first survey. You will receive $1.00 for completing the 15-minute survey.
        Time: 4 hour(s)
        HITs Available: 1
        Reward: $1.00
        Qualifications: Age - 55 or Older EqualTo 1; Completed Day 1 of COVID-19 Daily Diary Study (W1) Exists ; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• librarian50
          librarian50 commented
          Editing a comment
          At least we can count on Ann.......

• Bear
          Bear commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks goodness for Ann.

Title: Play a Windows desktop game / surveys | PANDA
        Requester: Darius Testing [A3OPZYETXY6R9T] (Req TV): $11.32/hr/hr
        Description: Windows desktop game / surveys.
        Time: 12 hour(s)
        Reward: $8.00
        Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; V DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Speech Quality AssessmentAccept
          Requester: IC3 AI team [A2SAUCU1B6BDTS] Contact
          TV: $27.59/hr TO: 3.06
          Reward: $0.50
          Duration: 01:00:00
          Available: 2693
          Description: Speech Quality Assessment
          Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US

Comment

Hello everyone. Larry Rudman had a math Hit up a few days ago. It took less than 30 minutes (10 minutes of that was watching a couple of videos) and paid a whopping $30! Anyway, it approved yesterday, so if you see it grab it.

Comment

Hi everyone...wishing all a happy Sunday.

Comment

Just wanted to pop in and say HAAAAYYY to everyone. Likely just going to take today off because we're anticipating a significant weather outbreak. I love you all and am so glad to know each of you
                Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

• Fisherman
                  Fisherman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm glad to know you too.

• Turking2Long
                  Turking2Long commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Stay safe!

• smartin
                  smartin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Stay safe, sending love you way too - your an amazing person!

Title: Learning and deciding about others: 1-1.5 hours (bonuses possible!) | PANDA
                Requester: Kable Lab [AYAOI177QRYSY] (Req TV): $10.65/hr/hr
                Description: This task consists of multiple parts, and will take about 1 hour to complete (it may take a little over an hour!). You will have the opportunity to win up to $2 in bonuses.
                Time: 3 hour(s)
                Reward: $5.00
                Qualifications: Social EM DM completer DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 85; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Consumer Opinions Survey (~ 5 minutes)Accept
                  Requester: CSA_Evanston [A1KC5KFTR68Q8Q] Contact
                  TV: $17.08/hr TO: 3.38
                  Reward: $0.50
                  Duration: 00:30:00
                  Available: 111
                  Description: Brief survey of your opinions
                  Qualifications: Exc: [-1750870136-210314] DoesNotExist ; Location In US

Comment

I hope all of you are enjoying your Easter.

I have a question about eggs from the store. How are you disinfecting the cartons? The ones I like to buy come in a cardboard one. Should I put the eggs in a different container? Should I wash the eggs?

Thanks, and stay safe! I value this forum tremendously.

Comment

• hitforbrains
                      hitforbrains commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I checked a few websites, and microwaving isn't recommended for anything but food. I'd be afraid of causing a fire if I used it to disinfect a cardboard egg carton. So I think I'll get a few chickens.

• librarian50
                      librarian50 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My daughter, who is still working, physical therapy, put two masks that her aunt made in the microwave for 1 minute and they burned. Be careful with that....

• smartin
                      smartin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      From what I have been reading the virus lives on cardboard the least, there is no official numbers from WHO but from the jist is it will only live a couple hours on cardboard. I would say if you want to be extra cautious to just put them in a separate container if possible and wipe the eggs. If you don't heavily saturate your egg carton in alcohol I'd say spray it down with alcohol or lysol and just let it dry before putting the eggs back in. I hadn't even thought about that. I always grab the eggs from the back and they normally sit in the fridge for a few days before they get touched again.

Oh and Happy Easter!

Tommaso Girelli 5 mins $3

(Sorry no link)

Comment

• Giskard
                      Giskard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Title: Social Networks and Mood Measurements.Accept
                      Requester: Tommaso Girelli [AJNW6R5JASYSO] Contact
                      TV: n/a TO: n/a
                      Reward: $3.00
                      Duration: 02:00:00
                      Available: 1
                      Description: We are conducting a study on loneliness and various personality constructs. The study will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete, and you will be asked to complete a series of questionnaires that address interpersonal connections.
                      Qualifications: None

Happy Easter OHS Folks!
                    Title: The Effects of Race, Sociopolitical Attitudes, and Geographic Location on Criminal Scripts | Accept
                    Requester: Meisha [A2HB6JSJTSTJAV] Contact
                    TV: [Hrly=$11.20] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
                    TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
                    TO2: No Reviews
                    Reward: 1.00
                    Duration: 12:00:00
                    Available: 1
                    Description: This study is restricted to Masters Workers. We are interested in obtaining your beliefs regarding crime and factors that may influence these beliefs.
                    Qualifications: Masters Exists

Comment

Happy Easter, everyone! This will be the first year in a very long time that I don't get to dye a raw egg to try to trick my mom.

Comment

Working...
                      X