banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

National Denim Day - Wednesday April 29, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Denim Day - Wednesday April 29, 2020

The 3rd Wednesday of April is National Denim Day. I was not aware of this but it definitely has a powerful meaning:

In Italy in 1992, after being taken to an isolated road on her first driving lesson, an 18-year old girl was pulled from the car by her 45-year old driving instructor and raped. He was convicted but appealed saying that the sex was consensual. The rape conviction was overturned by the Italian Supreme Court and he was released. A statement from the court said that because the victim was wearing tight jeans she must have helped her attacker remove them, which implied consent. This line of thinking would become known as the "jeans alibi."

The following day, the women of the Italian Parliament wore jeans in solidarity with the victim and gathered on the steps of the Supreme Court. News of the case and the response spread around the world. In support, members of the California Senate and Assembly gathered on the steps of the Sacramento Capitol. Patricia Giggans, the Executive Director of Peace Over Violence, thought that jeans should be worn in protest, not only to show that jeans cannot be used as an alibi but to protest all the myths of why women and girls are raped. So, she created Denim Day. The first event was held in April 1999 in Los Angeles.

The day is used to educate oneself and others about all forms of sexual violence. Solidarity and support are given to survivors on the day by wearing denim and by renewing commitments to exposing harmful behaviors and attitudes dealing with sexual violence. It is held in April in honor of Sexual Assault Awareness Month. At first, it was a local campaign, but it has since grown into a global movement.

I caught and worked on this while I was working on MLData penny pot hits and it took 35 mins so it is very much doable in less than that - totally worth the PandA
    Title: 40-50 min/$12.50 - Survey for women - Complete a survey about how you see the world [for women 18+ currently living in the US] | PANDA
    Requester: Resonance Incorporated [A3M2QO756WIL98] (Req TV): $42.26/hr/hr
    (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
    Description: A survey about the kinds of "lenses" through which you see and interpret the world around you. There are no right or wrong answers. This HIT has a qualification such that only people who have NOT completed previous versions of this survey can participate.
    Time: 2 hour(s)
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $12.50
    Qualifications: CompletedSimilarSurveyAlready DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• cyvamp
      cyvamp commented
      Editing a comment
      awesome!

• Sweetheart
      Sweetheart commented
      Editing a comment
      Great, thanks!

So fast, I am letting it simmer, like 5 to 10 minutes fast

Sebastian Siemiatkowski) [$5.00] - - Answer a survey about how you shop online

​​​​​​http://worker.mturk.com/projects/33Q...?ref=w_pl_prvw

Comment

Title: Take a 1-question, multi-option survey (US-based only, Female, Mobile Gamer, App Store spend: $10 - $100, 35-44, 25-34, 18... | PANDA
      Requester: PickFu [AI2HRFAYYSAW7] (Req TV): $9.71/hr/hr
      Description: For each pair of options, choose the option that best answers the question. Explain your choice. Limited to previous PickFu responders meeting the target demographics.
      Time: 18 hour(s) 28 minutes(s) 48 seconds(s)
      Reward: $15.25
      Qualifications: PickFu NDA EqualTo 1Take Test; Play Mobile Games In 1; Gender In 2; Age Range In 234; Ap Store Spending In 3; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• TurknShop
        TurknShop commented
        Editing a comment
        Great way to start the day!

• witch1
        witch1 commented
        Editing a comment
        NOOOOOOOO! Stupid age thing!

• ameagari
        ameagari commented
        Editing a comment
        WHY does this pay so much and HOW did I catch it instantly.

Good morning!

I don't know what the deal is. I have to clear cookies in Chrome every day now before I can login to Mturk.

Comment

• Curbie
        Curbie commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be annoying. I wonder what's up with that.

• ameagari
        ameagari commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not having this issue. Very strange.

• smartin
        smartin commented
        Editing a comment
        I was having a similar issue before my Hard drive decided to dismount itself on my Mac. I would have to constantly flush sockets and every time my mturk cookies went above 20 I had to clear them. I have Chrome set up to clear cookies and cache after I close it. It helped cut back on the annoyances with that but hopefully you can figure out why it's doing that for you.

Title: Collect date of construction or operation of oil pipelines worldwide | PANDA
      Requester: andrea tesei [A2X86URLSOXLHX] (Req TV): $-/hr
      Description: Find information on the web about date of construction or operation of oil pipelines worldwide. HIT will only be accepted if (1) refer to the correct pipeline (2) include hyperlink to a verifiable source (including location within source, eg paragraph)
      Time: 30 minutes(s)
      HITs Available: 145
      Reward: $4.00
      Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98;

Comment

• Juvenisle
        Juvenisle commented
        Editing a comment
        41% approval rating

• witch1
        witch1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Scared money don't make money

• nel
        nel commented
        Editing a comment
        I did one in February & it was easy to find, paid, but then I tried another last month, and couldn't find the information.

Title: Watch and Evaluate Movie Summaries | PANDA
      Requester: Alexander Keller [A2OO60CFGBGCEF] (Req TV): $7.49/hr/hr
      Description: After reading the storyline of a movie, you will watch its video summary and evaluate how informative it is.
      Time: 2 hour(s)
      Reward: $3.00
      Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98;

Comment

Title: Academic Study(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
        Requester: Jonathan Gay [A1A89QLWIYZHS8] (Req TV): $16.34/hr/hr
        Description: Earn up to $1.50 for your accurate participation in an academic study about decision making in a variety of settings. This study should take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
        Time: 32 minutes(s)
        HITs Available: 3
        Reward: $1.00
        Qualifications: Exc: [-1951312308-215107] DoesNotExist ; Location In US-ALUS-ARUS-DCUS-DEUS-FL; TP Panel: 409821619 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95;

Comment

• Bear
          Bear commented
          Editing a comment
          screamed out

Title: 1 hour 30 quality survey for audio recordings in English - Must Speak English | PANDA
        Requester: CNRS LSCP Bootphon [AGFWVPZI4ARPQ] (Req TV): $13.74/hr/hr
        Description: 1 hour 30 survey to evaluate the quality of audio recordings of people speaking - Must Speak English
        Time: 5 hour(s)
        Reward: $10.00
        Qualifications: Location In GB;

Comment

Title: Personality and Product Evaluation Survey (about 15 minutes) | PANDA
          Requester: Nara Youn [A6MZ75EIQLIKP] (Req TV): $11.06/hr/hr
          Description: This study is to understand how people evaluate products depending on their personality.
          Time: 30 minutes(s)
          Reward: $1.50
          Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• Bear
            Bear commented
            Editing a comment
            9 minutes, feels longer

Please join me in welcoming our newest member, mrsmaine to the forums.

Comment

• WhoCouldItBe
            WhoCouldItBe commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome to the group!

• ZeldaFoot
            ZeldaFoot commented
            Editing a comment

• smartin
            smartin commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome @mrsmain glad to have you!

Good Morning Guys and Gals, Hope you are all doing well today.

Comment

Good morning. Hope you all have a great day!

Comment

Good Morning Everyone

Comment

HF refuses to copy the link for some reason.

Easy 25 minutes. Drag & drop survey task.

$10 Xavier Parent-Rocheleau

https://worker.mturk.com/projects/30MQSQ7C9TJPRNPWQ8XS56JPAJHTB6/tasks?ref=w_pl_prvw

Comment

Working...
                X