banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Astronomy Day HITs Saturday May 2, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Astronomy Day HITs Saturday May 2, 2020

Astronomy Day is a holiday which is celebrated not once during a calendar year but twice a year – once in spring and once in fall. The springtime celebration falls on the Saturday closest to the first quarter moon (which is around April or May). The fall time celebration of this holiday falls on the Saturday closest to the quarter moon (which is around September or October). The purpose of this holiday is not only to celebrate astronomy and all of its contributions to society but also to bring the general public together with astronomy professionals and groups.

History of Astronomy Day

This holiday was created by Doug Berger in 1973 – the president of the Astronomical Association of Northern California at the time. He created Astronomy Day in the hopes that it would raise the interest of the general public in the field of astronomy and also give ordinary citizens an opportunity to use specialized astronomical equipment they would ordinarily not be able to use.

His original holiday, however, only included a spring celebration. There simply wasn’t a fall celebration. This was changed in 2007 though so Astronomy Day could be celebrated both in the spring and in the fall.

While Astronomy Day was created in 1973 and amended in 2006, astronomy itself goes all the way back to antiquity. In fact, it is one of the oldest natural sciences in the entire world. Originally, astronomy and astrology were one in the same and had its origins in not only calendrical and cosmological systems but also in religious and mythological beliefs. And it would remain so for many thousands of years, right up into the 17th century. This is when astronomy and astrology disentangled and became two separate systems. Astronomy became a methodical, scientifically driven medium to study the heavens and astrology remained rooted in mythology.

Title: Answer a short survey about COVID-19 prevention measures | Accept
    Requester: Ayse Onculer [AQ9P668G1JT0U] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$96.43] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 1.00
    Duration: 1:00:00
    Available: 2
    Description: Give us your opinion about COVID-19 prevention measures.
    Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US

Comment

Good Morning!

Comment

Title: Thoughts About Abilities(~ 6 minutes) | PANDA
        Requester: Gilles [A6SIRGXN5XFIC] (Req TV): N/A
        (TO): [Pay: 4.33] [Fair: 3.67] [Comm: 1.00] [Fast: 3.67]
        Description: This project requires people to self-report their impressions about their abilities.
        Time: 16 minutes(s)
        HITs Available: 19
        Reward: $0.50
        Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location In US;

Comment

You've received a bonus from [email protected] for work related to 3N5YJ55YXH7P3PK2ZA8XV1VLRKTAN4.

The value of your bonus is: $0.75 USD

The Requester included this note:

Thank you for your careful work on our HIT.

You've received a bonus from AQUX for work related to 3ZRKL6Z1FC62QW6DP04UWVT8JP6GSL.

The value of your bonus is: $0.20 USD

The Requester included this note:

Great job - thanks!

Comment

Title: Answer a survey about consumer behavior | PANDA
            Requester: Sophie Feldner [A80BM2MB9WNHA] (Req TV): $-/hr
            (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
            Description: Imagine a product purchase situation and give us your likelihood to buy the product. The survey will take about 4 minutes.
            Time: 1 hour(s)
            HITs Available: 1
            Reward: $0.40
            Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• Bear
              Bear commented
              Editing a comment
              under 2 minutes

Good morning, everyone!

Comment

Hi everyone! Yesterday was a brainbuster and today is looking to be more of the same. Different batches (Allen NLPs today instead of xlab research), at least. It'll be nice to have something different to work on. I have to get started soon but am struggling with that initial push. I think I'll eat some breakfast and then hunker down until lunch. I'm guessing I won't be able to finish all of the HITs today, but the more I can get done, the more of Sunday I can just relax.

Comment

Title: Survey on feelings and information processing about Coronavirus and social distancing | PANDA
                Requester: Sociotech Utk [A21V45MZP6RGJK] (Req TV): N/A
                (TO): [Pay: 4.20] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 4.75]
                Description: Another COVID-19 study?! A 15-minute survey on how you feel about the COVID-19 situation and responses to messages of social distancing. No sensitive or intrusive questions. No right or wrong answers. IMPORTANT: one person can only take this survey once!
                Reward: $1.00
                Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Survey on Gender and Everyday Language Use(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
                  Requester: Solangel Troncoso [ARX1479AMPRDW] Contact
                  TV: No Reviews
                  TO: No Reviews
                  TO2: No Reviews
                  Reward: 2.50
                  Duration: 1:30:00
                  Available: 0
                  Description: 15-20 minute survey on your intuitions about language
                  Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Comment

Regarding that Joseph Johnson bonus yesterday, I was also expecting more, but now I see that he did in fact pay as promised. I think. I hate it when requesters include the HIT amount in their bonus calculations. So, my fake money total was 982, and 982/250 = 3.93. Hit pay was 3.87, so he gave me another 6 cents, plus the 1.25 for completing the second part & passing the ACs. For a grand total of bonus 1.31. Although there was also mention of the additional compensation being on top of a 0.50 flat fee. So, maybe he owes us another 50 cents?

Comment

• kate
                      kate commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He admitted that he'd messed up my bonus and said he was going to sort it out. So far, nothing.

• nel
                      nel commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh right, so, based on his email to you, no extra 50 cents then. Figures. And, he owes you 12 cents...
                      My whopping $1.31 was correct then, oh well.

Title: Income tax situation decisions | PANDA
                    Requester: Victoria J. Hansen [A3KPF9RIDZH41D] (Req TV): $20.11/hr/hr
                    (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
                    Description: Give opinion of what a taxpayer would do when facing a specific situation
                    Reward: $2.00
                    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 80; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• Bear
                      Bear commented
                      Editing a comment
                      under 6 minutes

Good morning! Another beautiful, slow Saturday....it's okay though because I love to just chill on Saturday.
                    Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

Good morning!

WA State has extended the stay at home order to May 31st, followed by a 4-phase plan to reopen. There will be a minimum of 3 weeks between each phase, so it seems that we won't be fully open until September 1st or thereabouts. Each phase will be contingent on the previous one being successful. If they see any increase in new cases of Covid, then it will be back to full lockdown immediately.

It's going to be a loooong summer

Comment

• TurknShop
                        TurknShop commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Here in PA, 24 counties are moving to the yellow phase of reopening. These counties are much more spread out, so it makes sense to me that they see how things go there before starting to open the more densely populated areas. Part of me is disappointed that we're not opening up a little because our infection rate is pretty low, but at the same time, I'm relieved. It seems too soon for the metro areas. Hopefully in a month we'll be able to start slowly getting back to normal. We've survived this 24/7 togetherness for 7 weeks, we can make it another 4 to see how things are moving.

• Turking2Long
                        Turking2Long commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Our shelter in place order is extended while on the county level the curfew has expired, makes no sense what so ever! Yesterday I had to go for labs and pre chemo covid test and I happened to be runing a low grade fever which is comon with advanced cancer. They went all hunger games on me seperated me from the waiting room and got me tested and out the door asap lol of course it was negative and frankly this apointment is the only time I am at risk of getting infected, its crazy

• smartin
                        smartin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We had 77 of our 99 counties reopen yesterday with certain (weird and nonsensical) stipulations. We still haven't peaked so I'm still confused as to why the heck we are doing this other than she is keeping the 22 counties that have the high amounts of cases closed, miraculously we have 5 counties that don't have a single case. On the flip side we have been averaging 350-500ish new cases per day as of late and ironically we had over 700 new cases yesterday. All I can do is shake my head. We can't get a haircut but can go to the mall. The county that I used to work and live in I still follow a lot of groups on facebook and it appears the majority of places are not reopening yet because they do not want to contribute to the spread. If they are choosing to reopen they are being way more careful than opening at the 50% capacity that the governor is mandating. Most places are going to still not allow customers in their business and if they do it is only 1 or one family at a time with masks required to be admitted.

My work is at least June 1st back in person (we're all working from home) it's sounding like we'll only be at 10% capacity when we do open and it'll be optional at least at first. As I rely on public transport, I'm in no rush. We do an annual trip to Tallinn, Estonia that was canceled for this year. I'm in Florida so restrictions are lifted, but I'm not going anywhere, even though I miss Disney!

Comment

• hanzuh
                        hanzuh commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oooh, why Tallinn? Sorry for being nosy, I'm from Finland, so I'm curios! I love Tallinn.
                    Working...
                    X