banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

National Limerick Day - May 12, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Limerick Day - May 12, 2020

Observed annually on May 12th, National Limerick Day celebrates the birthday of English artist, illustrator, author, and poet Edward Lear (May 12, 1812 – Jan. 29, 1888). Lear is known mostly for his literary nonsense in poetry, prose, and limericks.

The day also celebrates the limerick poem. Limerick poems were popularized by Edward Lear’s book “Book of Nonsense” in 1846. A limerick is a very short, humorous, nonsense poem. Within a limerick, there are five lines. The first two lines rhyme with the fifth line and the third and fourth line rhyme together.

The Limerick also has a particular rhythm which is officially described as anapestic trimeter.

THERE WAS A YOUNG LADY
    By Edward Lear

There was a Young Lady whose chin
    Resembled the point of a pin;
    So she had it made sharp, and purchased a harp,
    And played several tunes with her chin.

While Lear is credited with popularizing the Limerick, the poetry style existed long before the publication of his book. Even so, the Limerick celebrates fun turns of phrase, rhythm, and humor in short form. It also plays with words and peoples’ expectations.

If you haven't done a web of cash/tree of cash at any point in the past you might be able to do this one
    Title: Logical tree of cash | Accept
    Requester: MPRG for Rationality Enhancement [AWNXYKVIXKW0B] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$15.65] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: [Pay=2.00] [Fast=3.67] [Comm=2.00] [Fair=3.67] [Reviews=9] [ToS=0]
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 3.00
    Duration: 1:30:00
    Available: 0
    Description: Earn money by following a strategy and navigating through a tree in this psychology experiment
    Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Comment

CA, WA, and OR
      Title: Jury Duty - The Kind You Get Paid For (JUUL-CA-REGI)(~ 59 minutes) | Accept
      Requester: Empirical Jury [A2QGI2L47S8HB0] Contact
      TV: [Hrly=$10.92] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Poor] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
      TO: [Pay=3.02] [Fast=3.11] [Comm=2.03] [Fair=3.09] [Reviews=113] [ToS=3]
      Reward: 8.65
      Duration: 1:40:00
      Available: 16
      Description: You will read a presentation and return a verdict. You will also answer questions about yourself and the script.
      Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; SurveyGroup [3789] DoesNotExist ; Exc: [1235364850-218765] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US-AK, US-CA, US-HI, US-OR, US-WA

Comment

I've been slacking but if you haven't done your monthly Panos:
        Title: Demographics survey | PANDA
        Requester: Panos Ipeirotis [A3DL93QTPE513P] (Req TV): $22.38/hr/hr
        (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
        Description: Demographics survey
        Time: 1 hour(s)
        HITs Available: 1
        Reward: $0.10
        Qualifications: None;

Comment

Title: Complete sentences [10-15 min] | Accept
          Requester: Kaup Lab [AG7IJQDP78DTK] Contact
          TV: [Hrly=$13.88] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
          TO: [Pay=3.80] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
          Reward: 1.50
          Duration: 45:00
          Available: 0
          Description: Your task is to complete sentences in a natural way.
          Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Comment

• witch1
            witch1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd love to know what these are about. He's done them for years.

• smartin
            smartin commented
            Editing a comment
            witch1 same, I mean they are decently enjoyable but I'm constantly asking myself what every time I do one.

There's one up for most of the states

2 min
          Title: Decision Making Task(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
          Requester: Aleta [AH6FDFRL8KJV9] Contact
          TV: [Hrly=$12.97] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
          TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
          Reward: 0.20
          Duration: 30:00
          Available: 3
          Description: Play a short economic game for bonus earnings (up to $.30), answer a short survey
          Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US-IA

Comment

Title: A brief survey on your opinion about various themes (desktop/laptop only) | PANDA
            Requester: Julian Schaap [A2MWHFLKTZWQM] (Req TV): N/A
            (TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
            Description: A short (<10 min) survey about your opinion on various themes. Only your opinion matters. You need a laptop/desktop with keyboard for this HIT (no touchscreens).
            Time: 3 hour(s)
            Reward: $1.50
            Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Goobly Morning!

Comment

Feels longer, it was 15 minutes with annoying open ended responses required. The plus...it doubled my sad PE

​​​​​​(University of Rochester) [$3.00] $3 Complete the University of Rochester's Global Coronavirus Survey - Let your voice be heard!

http://worker.mturk.com/projects/3HY...​​​​
                Last edited by cyvamp; 05-12-2020, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Title: Machine-Generated News Quiz (~50 mins) | PANDA
                  Requester: Positly [A20SRJ4UG9W0H0] (Req TV): $16.76/hr/hr
                  Description: We're trying to find out how good people are at distinguishing between news written by people and news generated by machines. This quiz consists of 20 real news titles followed by short news articles. Half of these articles were written by humans and half were machine-generated from the title and subtitle (i.e. no human wrote them). You will be given 30 seconds to read the prompt and then a question will appear asking if you think that particular article was human or machine generated and what your reasons were. We currently suggest spending around 2 minutes on each question. At the end you will be given your score.
                  Time: 2 hour(s) 33 minutes(s)
                  Reward: $10.00
                  Qualifications: 80412233201bcb15666b2ac446860a99b1c3bf42 DoesNotExist ; 799ea5dfa364efa477b02b12fce61a3b19f7f6eb DoesNotExist ; e09126ca55e4c18082acb2526abc31c41546cf33 DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 96; 34ee50c9eacb4e076cedf82013242ddbbbff8013 NotIn 0; Location EqualTo US; ab5c70a2a750f5b115e550db4b754b92dfd32213 DoesNotExist ;

Comment

• Kizzy
                    Kizzy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Easy and fast but I found out I can't tell the difference.

• Sweetheart
                    Sweetheart commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Kizzy I suck at it too.

Good Morning Guys and Gals, No limericks from me.

Comment

I learned today I am glad I'm not a neurosurgeon.
                    Title: PILOT Informing Choice for Neurotechnological Innovation in Pediatric Epilepsy Surgery | PANDA
                    Requester: SmithOscar [AKL99MZHRN058] (Req TV): $16.54/hr/hr
                    Description: Informing Choice for Neurotechnological Innovation in Pediatric Epilepsy Surgery
                    Time: 2 hour(s)
                    HITs Available: 5
                    Reward: $2.50
                    Qualifications: Already taken DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Also, you can do 3 of these a day. Otto caught it and I was hesitant, but it took just the amount of time they said.
                      Title: Collect email addresses for a research study | PANDA
                      Requester: Peter Andre [A14HH745TONFXH] (Req TV): $14.53/hr/hr
                      Description: Collect email addresses of 15 scholars. Their names and search links are provided. Average duration: 35 minutes. Reward: $6. The email data are required to conduct a survey among researchers.
                      Time: 3 hour(s)
                      Reward: $6.00
                      Qualifications: Worked for me before DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Good Morning Everyone...I have just installed a new version of Otto's Administration App which controls everyone's Keys. During this install, some of you may have experienced a brief outage. This should be over now, although you may need to re-input your key. If anyone is still experiencing an outage of Otto beyond this, please let me know immediately so I can fix that for you.

This new version is intended to put an end to the previous version's nasty habit of deleting keys randomly.

Comment

• Sweetheart
                          Sweetheart commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It is back up - thank you!!

• Fisherman
                          Fisherman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          On the Otto Administration App, there's an Icon for me to click which "activates/deactivates" a person's key. This icon has a line through it when a person's key is deactivated...but I reversed this without realizing it...I'll have to go fix that...but I have everyone up and running again now.

• librarian50
                          librarian50 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          All better!

Happy Tuesday! I must have slept well last night, because I easily woke up much earlier than I have in weeks! Hopefully that leads to a productive day.
                        Don't forget to sign up for the Our Hit Stop Gift Exchange. The deadline to sign up is November 26, and names will be drawn November 27. Let's spread some joy!

Comment

Working...
                        X