banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

National Barbecue Day - May 16, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Barbecue Day - May 16, 2020

The name says it all, today is National Barbecue Day. Unfortunately it's supposed to rain here and I've only operated a grill about 4 times in my life 2 of which have been this year alone.
    What is your favorite food to Barbecue?
    Do you prefer a gas or charcoal grill? Or do you prefer a smoker?

I think I'm going to look at investing in a smoker and possibly a gas grill if I can get a really good deal. Bonus points to whoever recommends a good smoker!

15 mins going really slow
    Title: Guess a number for linguistic research! [Task ID: "BASICS", don't take this HIT if you've done a "BASICS" HIT this week] | Accept
    Requester: Edinburgh Language Research [A2O4KLPLHO8FZK] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$26.37] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: [Pay=4.59] [Fast=4.92] [Comm=4.67] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=43] [ToS=0]
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 5.00
    Duration: 12:00:00
    Available: 0
    Description: Task consists of reading 43 short scenarios. For each one, your task is to fill in a blank by guessing a number. Estimated time is 20 minutes.
    Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Comment

SO MUCH CLICKING, and it took almost 45 mins. Maybe I'm tired but be warned, I am not kidding on the amount of clicking if you get brave.
      Title: What's your favorite food? How much do you want it? A study of food preference and related decisions(~ 60 minutes) | Accept
      Requester: Health Behavior & Technology Lab [A3AMVCWQU4Y8U0] Contact
      TV: [Hrly=$11.65] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
      TO: [Pay=4.50] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
      Reward: 4.50
      Duration: 3:00:00
      Available: 0
      Description: Study about food preferences and eating habits.
      Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Comment

There is one up for each of the states
        Title: Compare Google Images (2 minutes) | Accept
        Requester: OSU Spatial Health Lab [A218ETRNE1CKAX] Contact
        TV: [Hrly=$20.95] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
        TO: [Pay=4.67] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
        Reward: 0.20
        Duration: 10:00
        Available: 1
        Description: Compare and rank Google street view pictures
        Qualifications: Location In US-IA

Comment

• Curbie
          Curbie commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish that was a batch, it was fun!

These require some creativity and are a bit underpaid for Acme
        Title: Respond to 10 open ended scenarios (20200501_PN_B) | Accept
        Requester: Acme Data Collection [A3A1AJ4RPLTOLY] Contact
        TV: [Hrly=$25.03] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Acceptable] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
        TO: [Pay=3.91] [Fast=4.22] [Comm=3.11] [Fair=4.76] [Reviews=137] [ToS=5]
        Reward: 0.75
        Duration: 1:00:00
        Description: Please answer a few demographic questions, then record yourself saying short phrases.
        Qualifications: Location EqualTo US
        Title: Respond to 10 open ended scenarios (20200513_PN) | Accept
        Requester: Acme Data Collection [A3A1AJ4RPLTOLY] Contact
        TV: [Hrly=$25.03] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Acceptable] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
        TO: [Pay=3.91] [Fast=4.22] [Comm=3.11] [Fair=4.76] [Reviews=137] [ToS=5]
        Reward: 0.75
        Duration: 1:00:00
        Description: Please answer a few demographic questions, then record yourself saying short phrases.
        Qualifications: Location EqualTo US

Comment

Title: Pre-Screening: Answer 1 question about your job function | Accept
          Requester: Cynthia [ANY76QLQMP0CZ] Contact
          TV: [Hrly=$18.17] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
          TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
          Reward: 0.01
          Duration: 5:00
          Description: Pre-screening HIT for future, high-paying projects. Answer 1 question about your job function. It should take less than 5 seconds to complete.
          Qualifications: (DemoJF) Completed Survey Already DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US

Comment

Panic this morning - Amazon would not let me sign into my account. I wound up having to reset my password. It kept telling me my email was not valid. Anyway good morning, I am going to try letting Otto run today and see what happens. I normally do not work on weekends. Have a great day!

Comment

• Sweetheart
              Sweetheart commented
              Editing a comment
              Fisherman thanks, yes it was quite scary.

• Curbie
              Curbie commented
              Editing a comment
              Yikes!

• jewel777
              jewel777 commented
              Editing a comment
              That happened to in the firefox browser only. What I ended up doing was logging into my amazon customer account to see if I could get in. Once I did that, I was able to sign back into mturk.

Good morning!

Washing machine wouldn't work yesterday. Repairman has to order a part and it will be 10 days before he is back to fix it so I was in a laundromat this morning. Fun times.

Comment

• amyndods
              amyndods commented
              Editing a comment
              Bummer and gross. I hate laundry mats. I feel like my clothes always stink after!

• Curbie
              Curbie commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh man, I definitely don't miss the good old laundromat days.

• smartin
              smartin commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't envy you for a bit. Sorry you have to be without a washing machine for so long. When ours died a few years ago we had to go to the laundry mat for 3 weeks while we waited for someone to come look at it and waited for our new set to be delivered.

Title: Experiment: Rating virtual character gesticulation (Approx 30 min) | PANDA
            Requester: Taras [AOELIFTCJV836] (Req TV): $16.83/hr/hr
            (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
            Description: Do not do this study twice. We are interested in how people perceive a virtual character (a software artifact that looks and acts like a human) when it speaks phrases. Your task is to compare two videos at a time of a virtual character and judge the two videos based on two criteria. Note! There are control questions. Failing too many of them will result in disqualification and no payment.
            Time: 2 hour(s)
            HITs Available: 1
            Reward: $5.00
            Qualifications: Has done this or similar HIT DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location In AUCAGBNZ;

Comment

Title: Survey about political issues (10 minutes)(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
              Requester: Jan Willem van Prooijen [A35GZ9DYB4Z1B] (Req TV): N/A
              (TO): [Pay: 3.86] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 3.00] [Fast: 5.00]
              Description: survey
              Time: 40 minutes(s)
              HITs Available: 2
              Reward: $1.20
              Qualifications: Location In US;

Comment

Good Morning, I love to bbq, charcoal is my favorite but I own a gas bbq because it is fast and easy. I love smoked meat and cheese but haven't had a smoker in years had a homemade one and used the Little Chief never had a fancy bbq/smoker combo.

Comment

Title: A short survey on decidion making | PANDA
                  Requester: The Choice Lab [A18FWM3BGZIW4S] (Req TV): $46.16/hr/hr
                  Description: Answer questions about distribution of money. ca 5 min.
                  Time: 1 hour(s)
                  Reward: $1.00
                  Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; mmkjet DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• Bear
                    Bear commented
                    Editing a comment
                    1 1/2 minutes

The usual no code...

Title: Answer a survey about your opinions ($1.0 for 15-minute survey) • https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3Q...QSZRI5ZC/taskshttps://worker.mturk.com/projects/3Q.../accept_random
                  Requester: Diana • https://worker.mturk.com/requesters/...VWU1L/projects
                  TV: [Hrly: $N/A] [Fast:] [Comm:] [Fair:] [Reviews:] [ToS:] • https://turkerview.com/requesters/A1PDXAE2TVWU1L
                  TO: [Pay: 2.33] [Fast: 3.00] [Comm: 4.00] [Fair: 4.00] • https://turkopticon.ucsd.edu/A1PDXAE2TVWU1L
                  Reward: $1.00
                  Duration: 1 hour(s)
                  Description: Give us your opinions and attitudes about your life
                  Requirements: Location EqualTo US,

Comment

Title: Economic Preferences Survey(~ 35 minutes) | PANDA
                    Requester: Edward Davenport [A15F0KRAXOURGN] (Req TV): $20.76/hr/hr
                    Description: This study contains survey questions about your attitudes and preferences
                    Time: 3 hour(s)
                    Reward: $3.50
                    Qualifications: Exc: [-497856189-220185] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

Comment

Morning all, I'm loving this new setup so I felt compelled to share a view of it. On the right side is one of the 24" monitors I was using set to portrait mode. It works perfect for running scrapers. I was going to set one on each side but my mounting arms wouldn't spread wide enough for both of them. It took me a couple of days to get used to the size of the new one but now I think I would have a hard time going back. I can connect up to 4 different devices to it and my understanding is the software should allow me to use the same mouse and keyboard across all of them. I haven't tried it yet but I'm supposed to be able to set one device in a picture in picture mode so I'm going to connect my laptop to it and see if it works as advertised. Regardless, even using as I am right now, it's a multi-taskers dream.

Comment

Working...
                    X