banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

National Rocky Road Ice Cream Day

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Rocky Road Ice Cream Day

June 2nd is a day made for chocolate, marshmallows, and nuts. It’s National Rocky Road Day! In the United States, the most popular way to eat Rocky Road is in ice cream.

Although there are many variations, traditionally, Rocky Road ice cream was made of chocolate ice cream, nuts, and marshmallows. Today, there are variations with vanilla ice cream, chocolate chips, and almonds.

People have been enjoying this delicious combination for many years. There are varying accounts of the origin of this ice cream, as there often are with the creation of something new. Sometime during the late 1920s, William Dreyer used inspiration from his partner Joseph Edy’s chocolate candy to make rocky road ice cream. Dryer did something he was probably told a hundred times not to do. He used his wife’s sewing scissors to chop up marshmallows and walnuts and added them to chocolate ice cream. Of course, it tasted good, so he was probably forgiven for using her good sewing shears for anything but fabric!

Another who laid claim to the creation of rocky road ice cream was George Farren. He had simply blended a candy bar into chocolate ice cream creating the creamy dessert.

Soon after, the stock market crashed, and the ice cream was given the name Rocky Road to bring smiles to faces during the Great Depression.

Title: Personality Assessment and Video Interview | Accept
    Requester: Chaitanya pattapu [A3HXAK0D82VL1B] Contact
    TV: No Reviews
    TO: No Reviews
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 10.00
    Duration: 1:15:00
    Available: 1
    Description: You will be asked to answer some typical interview questions and take a personality assessment
    Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US

Comment

Title: A short survey about new brands | Accept
      Requester: apollo [ANENHFCRZSF3Y] Contact
      TV: [Hrly=$49.40] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
      TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
      Reward: 1.00
      Duration: 30:00
      Description: This study is conducted to examine consumers' perceptions of new brands. It should take no longer than 8 minutes to complete the survey.
      Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 60; Location EqualTo US

Comment

Rocky Road. My favorite of the ice creams.

Good morning! I've been so lazy with working these past few weeks. With summer just sort of hitting, it's been a whirlwind of trying to get things done around the house and yard. Actually going to try to work for a bit to pay for some of this stuff we've had to buy.

Comment

Title: Earn $2(~ 20 minutes) | Accept
          Requester: Keith Sanford [A1BNG5S2C5INHZ] Contact
          TV: No Reviews
          TO: No Reviews
          Reward: 2.00
          Duration: 1:30:00
          Available: 0
          Description: Psychology study
          Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Comment

• librarian50
            librarian50 commented
            Editing a comment
            Booted......

Good morning!

Comment

Title: [$0.40 bonus] Click & Rate the Targets - 15 mins | PANDA
            Requester: AQUX [A3DJK1MUJTA8TJ] (Req TV): $10.00/hr/hr
            (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
            Description: -
            Time: 1 hour(s)
            HITs Available: 745
            Reward: $1.10
            Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• Bear
              Bear commented
              Editing a comment
              under 7 minutes

Good morning! Went to a protest last night...we were peaceful, got shot with teargas, fun times. Got up this morning, still waiting to see what 2020 has for us today.
            Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

• WhoCouldItBe
              WhoCouldItBe commented
              Editing a comment
              Good for you for going to a protest! Sorry you got shot with teargas, this is just beyond ridiculous. Tear gas, rubber bullets, pepper spray... I could go on and on about this, but I'll stay calm and not make this over the top. This year is a huge dumpster fire and I'll be happy to see the end of it.

• witch1
              witch1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm fine...I had milk and water so I went prepared. I learned well from my grandfather-he marched with Dr, King way back when. On the upside, the confederate memorials were removed in Birmingham last night so that's a small victory...actually HUGE considering it's Alabama.

• hanzuh
              hanzuh commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for going! Glad you are ok. I'll have to check how the protests here went last night.

Good morning! Hope it's a profitable day for everyone!

A bit over 2 min. for me:
            Title: Qualification for text rating HITs with $2.5 - $10 payouts; 4 minutes | Accept
            Requester: Conversionxl LLC [ANDVDK73INIIA] Contact
            TV: [Hrly=$15.25] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
            TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
            Reward: 0.10
            Duration: 4:00:00
            Description: This is an additional qualification for Copytesting HITs
            Qualifications: CT-Base EqualTo 1

Comment

Good Morning Everyone

Comment

• witch1
                witch1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Good morning, fearless leader!

Good Morning Everyone Hope we all make a little money today or I should say a lot of money today

Comment

Title: Short Survey(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
                Requester: SurveyComet [A3NC2P2SPK9QQ] (Req TV): $21.42/hr/hr
                (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
                Description: survey
                Time: 30 minutes(s)
                HITs Available: 521
                Reward: $0.25
                Qualifications: Exc: [-1853979222-222714] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;
                Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

• witch1
                  witch1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Survey makes zero sense, but, is less than two minutes.

Good Morning!

Comment

Good morning, everyone! I'm tired. I went to bed at 7 last night, but it bit me in the you know where, because I proceeded to wake up at 1. I thought about getting up & doing HITs, but I didn't want to risk waking my husband. Eventually I managed to doze off again until a quarter after 5. I decided it was still too early, but about 15 mins later, one of the cats jumped up behind my head to tell me it was time. I went out & discovered that the cat dishes were devoid of food. Not good. He's not going in today, because his back is bugging him, so he's still snoozing away. Meanwhile, I've already started getting coffee in my system, hoping it'll snap me out of tired, so I can just move on with the day & be semi-productive. lol.

Comment

Good morning. I just failed my plancky qualification test by 1 question and I'm not able to retake the test how bad should I feel there's a bunch of HITS I can't do now... I feel pretty bad about it.

Comment

• tscreener
                      tscreener commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Don't feel one bit bad...it just means you weren't quite in tune with the requester. There will be plenty others.

• Carolyn
                      Carolyn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I passed the plancky test. I don't know if I want to do them. There is a bunch up though. Is anybody doing these?

• TurknShop
                      TurknShop commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'll be working on these today. I had gotten their "well performed workers" qual back in December then took the actual test in April, which I bombed big time. I'm not sure how or why because I did the test exactly the same way I had been doing their HITs and they seemed to like the way I did them. So anyway, it wasn't long after that that when I was checking on my quals that I saw they gave me the qualification from the test anyway. So maybe there's still hope?
                  Working...
                  X