banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

National Hot Dog Day HITs Wednesday July 15, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Hot Dog Day HITs Wednesday July 15, 2020

While it’s unclear exactly when the hot dog was invented, many people attribute it to sausages developed during the 13th century in Germany. These sausages were then most likely brought by German immigrants immigrating into the U.S during the 19th century. It is believed that as early as the 1860s, street food vendors were selling hot dogs in buns in New York City. Hot dogs were also sold by a street vendor in St. Louis, Missouri named Antonoine Feuchtwanger.

In 1893, the owner of the St. Louis Browns (now the St. Louis Cardinals) Chris Von de Ahe brought baseball and hot dogs together when he started selling them during games and also at the amusement park he owned. That same year, hot dogs were introduced at the Colombian Exposition in Chicago, Illinois. They became an instant hit.

Many people believe that the term “hot dog” began appearing towards the end of the 19th century. During this time, German immigrants not only brought sausages to America but they also brought dachshund dogs, so the term hot dog may just be a joke about German’s thin dogs that got casually transferred to the sausages. This was probably reinforced by the fact that many Germans called these dogs “little sausages.”

Good morning peoples!

Comment

Morning Peeps!!

Comment

Title: Teamwork in Online Partnerships(~ 120 minutes) | PANDA
        Requester: Chris Calhoun [A3TFWFSELA2MI2] (Req TV): $41.57/hr/hr
        (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
        Description: This HIT asks participants to connect with an online partner to complete a teamwork-based task. Workers will complete the task, as well as answer a number of self-report surveys.
        Time: 4 hour(s)
        HITs Available: 1
        Reward: $15.00
        Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [-1095978178-233004] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

Comment

• Sweetheart
          Sweetheart commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't ever catch this.

• Sandcar
          Sandcar commented
          Editing a comment
          Sweetheart, me either.

Good morning everyone! Hope it's a good one for all!

A bit under 4 min. for me:
        Title: Assessment of leaders | Accept
        Requester: Naeem zakir [A144QE64WF950C] Contact
        TV: [Hrly=$22.35] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
        TO: No Reviews
        TO2: No Reviews
        Reward: 1.00
        Duration: 5:00:00
        Available: 1
        Description: Give us your opinion about the attitudes and behaviors of leaders
        Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US

Comment

• Curbie
          Curbie commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you have to do something to the link to make it work? It's not working for me.

• Curbie
          Curbie commented
          Editing a comment
          Never mind, i figured it out. Add an "h" to the beginning.

Good Morning everyone!

Comment

Good Morning Fellow Turkers, It's been hot and still hot here, summer is my least favorite season.

Comment

• njeane13
            njeane13 commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed. Who has the remote to fast forward to fall? lol.

Good morning. Looking like a slow start but hoping it picks up and we all have a profitable day. Maybe a nice batch will show up later or a bunch of remesh hits.

Comment

Good Morning Everybody !!

Comment

Fingers crossed for another batchy day! I ended at $120 yesterday. $45 of that was from the Ai2 Israel entity tracking HITs and those had a 1 in the title, so I'm hoping there will be many more batches of those. Otherwise, MP-Dialog should be dropping later. In the meantime, I have some cleaning to do around here. Yesterday the kitchen got super messy with me basically glued to my computer, so I need to tackle that so it doesn't get worse.

Comment

This was easy

Title: Study about economic behavior | PANDA
                Requester: Alejandro Martinez Marquina [AB2ZAH1C78EVM] (Req TV): $38.67/hr/hr
                (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
                Description: A week-long survey that will allow us to better understand human behavior and their decision making process. This study requires to complete 4 parts over a course of a week.
                Time: 1 hour(s)
                HITs Available: 1
                Reward: $10.00
                Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• kate
                  kate commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bear, I'm confused (it's early!)

Are we supposed to submit this with the code we received, then wait for a link to another part, which also has to be completed today?

• Bear
                  Bear commented
                  Editing a comment
                  kate that's what I understood. And you have to complete the other parts before the hit is approved.

Title: Reaction time task to single words and short sentences [25-30 min] | Accept
                Requester: Kaup Lab [AG7IJQDP78DTK] Contact
                TV: [Hrly=$12.91] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
                TO: [Pay=3.50] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
                TO2: [Hrly=7.33] [Pen=1.00] [Res=null] [Rec=100] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
                Reward: 5.00
                Duration: 1:00:00
                Available: 1
                Description: React to the font color of single words and read sentences [25-30 min]
                Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Comment

Morning everyone!

Comment

Good morning, everyone! Anyone else think the commercial with the girl putting peanut butter on a hot dog funny? That's not the way to treat a dog...lol.

Comment

Please join me in welcoming our newest member, queenadah to the forums.

​​​​​​​

Comment

• njeane13
                        njeane13 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Welcome!

• Curbie
                        Curbie commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Welcome!

• smartin
                        smartin commented