banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

National Ice Cream Day HITs Sunday July 19, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Ice Cream Day HITs Sunday July 19, 2020

Thanks to President Reagan, we celebrate National Ice Cream Day every third Sunday in July, meaning July 19 this year. Reagan wanted to commemorate a treat enjoyed by over 90 percent of the US population. In 1984, he decreed a day for ice cream and his proclamation actually glorified the dairy industry in America. In fact, Americans still lead the world when it comes to eating this frozen delight: 23 gallons a year to be precise. Reagan also proclaimed July as National Ice Cream month, describing ice cream as ‘‘a nutritious and wholesome food enjoyed by over ninety percent of the people in the United States.’’ Since then, the holiday has sparked world-wide cravings and is traditionally celebrated year after year.

Title: Animal Estimation Task | PANDA
    Requester: Ibrahim Takesh [A1Q3GKHZR0NN64] (Contact)
    TV: No Reviews
    TO: No Reviews
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 1.20
    Duration: 12 days
    Available: 1
    Description: You will be shown color images of animals along with a description of the displayed animal; you will be asked to make an estimate about about a particular characteristic of the animal (ex: an average tiger's weight)
    Qualifications: Masters Exists; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US

Comment

Title: 6 min survey on your opinions(~ 6 minutes) | PANDA
      Requester: UM [A2FI5PAPNNIR8M] (Req TV): $16.13/hr/hr
      (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
      Description: 6 min survey on news articles. 20 min max allotted time
      Time: 20 minutes(s)
      HITs Available: 55
      Reward: $0.60
      Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [234601-234012] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;
      Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

Somebody put this up on facebook.

There is an mTurk facebook group out there that has a few of our members on it. Recently, several posts were made on this group that are just wrong about Otto and I want to clear up things. Rumor control...here are the facts.

1. Otto is and always will be limited to a maximum of 500 users.

2. This does not mean 500 members at this site, but 500 Otto users. We currently have approximately half that number.

3. There are currently two versions of Otto. Otto-Lite, which is the original release of Otto. Otto-Heavy which is still in beta testing but about to be released.

4. Otto is not $10 a month. Otto is not $15 a month. Otto is a perk of a paid membership Tier at OurHitStop. A membership at OHS carries with it countless benefits, Otto might represent 40% of that benefit. If you join just for Otto, you're depriving yourself of 60% of the benefits you are here for.

5. The Tier 2 membership ($10) allows access to Otto-Lite.

6. The Tier 3 membership ($15) allows access to beta testing, and ultimately Otto-Heavy upon release.

7. Our membership numbers are low compared to some other forums because we heavily screen members before allowing membership. This is a forum for U.S. based, mTurk workers, that are honest, committed, and serious about making money on mTurk and helping each other. I reject a dozen or more membership applications every day to keep this the "place it should be".

8. If you're not in the U.S., you're not getting in. If you lie about your location, you're not getting in. If you can't conduct yourself, and help others, you're not getting in.

9. OHS is a family, and we actually take care of our family.

10. Otto-Lite catches hits based on amount of pay, your qualifications, and availability and then places them into your queue. It works fantastic. It will increase your mTurk income.

11. Otto-Heavy does all this, but adds blocking features, PRE braking technology, customizable sounds, ability to filter via TurkOpticon ratings, Approval Ratings, a fully customizable blocking ability via name,hit id, group id, requester name, requester id, keyword etc. and has a full screen interface which allows for Returns, Return All, PRE counter, posting directly from Otto. It's a VERY large upgrade from Otto-Lite.

12 Otto is definitely not like MTS (which is a fine extension), Turking Guru (which was created by someone from India and originally got into trouble for attempting to complete Captchas), or Stax (which also has caused people to lose their accounts in the past and has a very bad reputation on several mTurk forums...if you don't believe that...look it up.) Now, sure Stax and Turking Guru have since removed captcha completion, but what does it say that they had it there in the first place...

13. Otto never attempts to complete captchas, and never will. Otto has NEVER been the cause of a single mTurk user's issues with Amazon. That was priority #1 all along.

14. More differences...when a user has an issue...they get help from me directly...when a user gets billed...they get that bill from me directly...when they want to upgrade/downgrade...they contact me, and I take care of it directly...if they have an issue in their lives that causes them to be late...they tell me...and I don't cancel on them...you're never alone at OHS.

15. OHS is "the friendliest mTurk worker forum on the web" Hundreds of members can and do help everyone on our board...every time it is needed. Nobody is ever attacked here. We want you to make more and we will celebrate that with you.

Comment

Please join me in welcoming our newest member, NORMAGALO to the forums.

​​​​​​​

Comment

• ZeldaFoot
            ZeldaFoot commented
            Editing a comment

• Jumples1
            Jumples1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome!

• Nan06
            Nan06 commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome to the forum

Can anyone and everyone please point me in the direction of some good qualifications? I'm still in probation so trying to make the best of my time. Thanks ahead of time!!!

Comment

@cyvamp
          cyvamp commented
          07-19-2020, 09:52 AM
          Bear not sure if you're aware, your on the FAQ page, I was here about an hour before realizing I was not on the daily hit page
          Thanks The thread originally showed up under DHT so I assumed. I deleted my post there.

So good morning!

Comment

• witch1
            witch1 commented
            Editing a comment
            That was me! I wasn't sure where to move the original post so stuck it there lol!

PE $0.60. Looking like a replay of yesterday so far.

Comment

• Fisherman
            Fisherman commented
            Editing a comment
            tygroom PE stands for Projected Earnings. It's how much a person has made thusfar today.

• tygroom
            tygroom commented
            Editing a comment
            thank you for the clarification

• NoelC
            NoelC commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm also at $.60, requester UM. Approved quickly though.

Title: 11 min survey on your opinions(~ 11 minutes) | PANDA
          Requester: UM [A2FI5PAPNNIR8M] (Req TV): $16.13/hr/hr
          Description: 11 min survey on news articles. 25 min max allotted time
          Time: 25 minutes(s)
          HITs Available: 20
          Reward: $1.10
          Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [234601-234012] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

Comment

Hello all!

​​​​​​​witch1 how are you feeling today?

Comment

• witch1
              witch1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Morning! Little better, at least staying awake so far. The cough still hasn't let up, but, isn't worse thankfully.

S C Lindstromberg

How Imageable Are These 138 Words?

About 6 minutes $2.05

(Sorry no link)

Comment

tygroom If you don't have it, get the [MTurk Worker] Dashboard Enhancer script. https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/18...board-enhancer It will show your projected earnings on your dashboard.

Comment

• tygroom
                tygroom commented
                Editing a comment
                I cant use greasyfork unfortunately

screener for larger $7 survey, uses Inquisit
              Title: Visual search task to identify compulsive shopping and saving behaviours | PANDA
              Requester: Brooke Gardner [A3BW8ERC6O0U1H] (Req TV): $9.91/hr/hr
              Description: Complete the following pre-screener survey to determine your eligibility for our main study. This survey will assess your motivations for acquiring and saving behaviours. Participants must be 18 years or older.
              Time: 3 hour(s)
              HITs Available: 1
              Reward: $1.00
              Qualifications: Completed DoesNotExist ; Masters Exists ;

Comment

• Bear
                Bear commented
                Editing a comment
                not eligible for the long survey

Good morning! I started out the day with some navigation HITs from last night. Today might be a lazy day otherwise.

DH is officially working from home again. He said it's for at least the next two months. We're going to have to carve out an office space for him somewhere. We can probably manage a small corner in our bedroom if we change the orientation of our current furniture. Oh, the joys of a small house!

Comment

• TurknShop
                TurknShop commented
                Editing a comment
                Right now DH is in the dining room. He has a laptop, but also wants to hook up I think two more monitors. He managed there decently from mid-March until June, but the kids were in school then. It's not necessarily chaotic now, but it is definitely louder.

I was thinking a narrow folding table might do the trick, but he wants to try checking Goodwill for a solid desk. We'll see!

• NoelC
                NoelC commented
                Editing a comment
                TurknShop I never could find the tutorial/qualification for the navigation hits. Do you happen to recall where you found it?

• TurknShop
                TurknShop commented
                Editing a comment
                NoelC, it was a qualification HIT a couple of months ago. I checked Qual sorter just in case there was a link to a test or something there, but there wasn't. If it comes up again, I'm sure I or someone else will post it here.

sigh .. caught it and have no choice

Title: LONG Auditory Perception Study, Up to $22.50 BONUS possible in 2 hours | PANDA
              Requester: McDermott Experiments [A19YWY6E1CP566] (Req TV): $13.88/hr/hr
              Description: Make judgments about simple sounds.
              Time: 4 hour(s)
              HITs Available: 1
              Reward: $0.15
              Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 85; Location In CAUS;

Comment

• kate
                kate commented
                Editing a comment
                Noooooooooo!!!!

• cyvamp
                cyvamp commented
                Editing a comment
                nope I would rather eat ramen for a week

• Curbie
                Curbie commented
                Editing a comment
                I did this one yesterday, and didn't do very well. I only got $15 something. I hope you do better!
            Working...
            X