banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Global Hug Your Kids Day Monday July 20, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Hug Your Kids Day Monday July 20, 2020

Global Hug Your Kids Day was started by Michelle Nichols in 2008, a decade after her son Mark died of brain cancer at the age of 8 ½. The day reminds mom and dads—especially those who are working parents and often gone—to show affection to their kids by hugging them every day.

Hugging has been around for millennia and is practiced by almost all cultures as a way to connect to others without using language. Hugs have traditionally been given in may scenarios: as a greeting or goodbye, for sympathy or congratulations, and for gratitude, support, and affection. The word "hug" seems to have come from "hugga," an Old Norse word meaning "to comfort." "Hug" was first used around 1610, to describe a wrestling hold. It began being used for its current meaning in the 1650s.

Hugs may release a hormone called oxytocin into the bloodstream. This hormone, produced in the pituitary gland, helps lower blood pressure, heart rate, and the stress hormone cortisol. It also reduces anxiety, improves mood and memory, and increase bonding and closeness. Those who hug often tend to have increased empathy for others. In order for hugs to be beneficial, those participating must trust each other and both want to hug. Otherwise, the opposite effect happens and cortisol levels rise, causing stress.

In this pandemic, I am blessed to have all the material things I need to live a comfortable life. The difficult thing is not being able to hug my children

Title: Qualification - less than 10 seconds | Accept
    Requester: SmithOscar [AKL99MZHRN058] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$16.93] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: [Pay=4.27] [Fast=4.82] [Comm=4.75] [Fair=4.98] [Reviews=81] [ToS=0]
    TO2: [Hrly=6.72] [Pen=0.49] [Res=0.00] [Rec=83] [Rej=0] [ToS=1] [Brk=0]
    Reward: 0.05
    Duration: 10:00
    Available: 417
    Description: Answer a few questions
    Qualifications: Already taken DoesNotExist ; founder2 EqualTo 1; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US

Comment

• Bear
      Bear commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't have the qualification for the qualification.

Good morning! I'm sitting here drink contrast getting ready for my CT scan. Yummy! Fun times.

Comment

• amyndods
      amyndods commented
      Editing a comment
      Gross! I hope the scan goes well though!

• Turking2Long
      Turking2Long commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck on your scan Bear ! I always get #Scanxiety waiting for results!

• Sandcar
      Sandcar commented
      Editing a comment
      Wishing you the best, Bear!

Title: Word memory experiment | PANDA
    Requester: Christine Cuskley [A3CE6WIWW3BWZW] (Req TV): $20.16/hr/hr
    (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
    Description: look at a list of words and try to remember them ~20min
    Time: 2 hour(s)
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $4.00
    Qualifications: None;

Comment

mornin peeps!

Comment

Good morning guys and gals

Comment

Title: Reactions to Social Media Posts(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
          Requester: Kelly Nault [A3CZPTI9N3ME9X] (Req TV): $11.81/hr/hr
          Description: This is a survey that wants to hear about your true reactions to different social media posts
          Time: 1 hour(s)
          HITs Available: 16
          Reward: $1.50
          Qualifications: Exc: [234684-234095] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

Comment

• Sweetheart
            Sweetheart commented
            Editing a comment
            Multiple open-ended writing questions

• NoelC
            NoelC commented
            Editing a comment
            instant approval

Good Morning Fellow Turk Monsters, Hope everyone enjoy their weekend if you took one.

Comment

Good morning! Started off the day with wrapping up the navigation run HITs, paying some bills, and placing a grocery order. Hoping for a batches raining from the sky kind of day.

Comment

Please join me in welcoming our newest member, maraco to the forums.

Comment

• CrazyCatLady
                CrazyCatLady commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome!!

• Sandcar
                Sandcar commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome to the group, Maraco!!

• smartin
                smartin commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome maraco glad to have you!

Good morning! Feel less tired today, but, am coughing more. Please, please, please don't let politics keep you from wearing a mask. This is awful. I'm 55 and have had a bunch of different illnesses, of course...this doesn't act like anything I've ever had. The nurse on the phone says they've seen many like me...coughing, tired, vomiting, yet NO fever and they've seen others with high fevers and no other symptom. I've been bizarre about never leaving my home, wearing a mask, not touching others, etc....I ordered a pizza last week, grabbed it without a mask, and three days later sick. Please be careful.
              Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

• Turking2Long
                Turking2Long commented
                Editing a comment
                I have been fighting what I thought was a sinus infection but now its gone to my chest and I am coughing, Dr said no covid test needed since I am not running fever but I feel like dirt. Damn shame cause I have quarantined since March only going to Dr visits

• Sandcar
                Sandcar commented
                Editing a comment
                Praying for a quick and full recovery, hun.

• hanzuh
                hanzuh commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh no, hope you feel better soon! Even though I'm relatively healthy, I'm so scared of getting sick (I can't even handle a normal flu). And yet people around me are living like normal, like no virus exists anymore.

Morning! Returning the Honey Lab Attention Tasks hit for $4.67 at 9:45am.

Comment

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Raihani Lab for work related to 3VIVIU06FJBMJ6ZAI36TQTNJPWNMI5.
                The value of your bonus is: $5.09 USD

The Requester included this note:
                Thank you

Comment

Title: Perform a series of behavioral tasks to benefit science. | PANDA
                  Requester: Ashley Walton [A1FPDAURRF2C57] (Req TV): $24.86/hr/hr
                  Description: You will answer questions about your health and complete 3 tests that each take between 3 and 8 minutes. The exact benefit of your data will be explained more fully after the survey.
                  Time: 1 hour(s)
                  HITs Available: 1
                  Reward: $6.00
                  Qualifications: Masters Exists ;

Comment

Please join me in welcoming our newest member, tonykcus to the forums.

Comment

Working...
                  X