banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

On this day - July 22, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On this day - July 22, 2020

Good Morning all! Hope it's a great day for everyone.

1934 Outside Chicago's Biograph Theatre, "Public Enemy No. 1" John Dillinger is mortally wounded by FBI agents
    1959 Ed Wood's cult classic "Plan 9 From Outer Space", called one of the worse films ever, premieres
    1967 Jimi Hendrix quits as opening act of the Monkees' tour
    1969 Aretha Franklin arrested for disturbing the peace in Detroit
    1983 Dick Smith makes 1st solo helicopter flight around the world
    1991 Jeffrey Dahmer confesses to killing 17 men in 1978
    1994 Former NFL running back, broadcaster and actor O.J. Simpson pleads "Absolutely 100% Not Guilty" of murder
    2019 Marvel superhero film "Avengers: Endgame" becomes the world's highest-grossing film overtaking "Avatar" earning $2.9 billion

You should receive an email for this one.
    Title: Police Simulation Study WAVE 2(~ 30 minutes) | Accept
    Requester: Samuel Rettig [A4YOI0LVGR9OD] Contact
    TV: No Reviews
    TO: No Reviews
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 4.00
    Duration: 1:29:00
    Available: 1
    Description: This survey will ask you to engage in a police simulation task, as well as make predictions about your performance on this task. You will also be asked to indicate your attitudes on a number of related topics. For participating in WAVE 2 you will earn $4. NOTE: IN ORDER TO RECEIVE PAYMENT, YOU MUST COMPLETE BOTH THE SURVEY PORTION OF THIS STUDY AND THE ACTUAL POLICE SIMULATION TASK.
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Inc: [228521351-233453] Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US

Comment

Mornin Peeps!

Comment

Good morning everyone! Nice start to the day, hopefully it won't go overtime.
        Title: A 30 minute Remesh Conversation - 8:20 am ET / 5:20 am PT | Accept
        Requester: remesh [A32BFAN07OQKZN] Contact
        TV: [Hrly=$13.32] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
        TO: [Pay=3.85] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=3.77] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=36] [ToS=0]
        Reward: 6.00
        Duration: 2:00:00
        Available: 1
        Description: A 30 minute Remesh Conversation - 8:20 am ET / 5:20 am PT
        Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Comment

• Kizzy
          Kizzy commented
          Editing a comment
          Darn I caught that but 6 or 7 questions in so I turned it back

• Bear
          Bear commented
          Editing a comment
          Kizzy I have done that several times. They will still approve the hit as long as you answer some questions.

• Kizzy
          Kizzy commented
          Editing a comment
          I should have given it a try I guess

beat by dazcat again

Comment

• dazcat
          dazcat commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry cyvamp Usually everyone else beats me, I'm rarely first

• cyvamp
          cyvamp commented
          Editing a comment
          no need to be sorry, I am happy as long as someone posts

a little batch batch
        Title: Sentence Relationships | Accept
        Requester: Jesse Gioannini [A281RTY6G7O0Z9] Contact
        TV: [Hrly=$24.83] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
        TO: No Reviews
        Reward: 0.15
        Duration: 3:00:00
        Available: 99
        Description: Answer some questions about the relationship between sentences
        Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Comment

good morning everyone.

Comment

Good morning brethren!

We have gathered here today to get through this thing called .. life

Comment

Good Morning Everyone, I wanted to sleep in but once the dogs are use to getting up early they start playing and there is no sleeping once that starts.

Comment

Morning!
                Making It Up As I Go Along

Comment

• Hballarte
                  Hballarte commented
                  Editing a comment
                  how are you feeling today witch1

• witch1
                  witch1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Better...still coughing. Thank you for asking

Good morning! Caught the Remesh and am working on navigation HITs again. Hoping for a different batch (any batch, really) later to kind of break things up.

Comment

Good morning, everyone!

Comment

Good Morning Everyone...well, this is going to be a long story.

It seems that someone on a facebook group (one that I'm not a member of and can't respond to) has been digging around my past in an attempt to sabotage my business, this forum, and me.

Our Moderators here have known this whole story for a very long time. I have never lied to the membership here, and I never will. I have never cheated the membership here, and I never will. In fact, I defy anyone to find one single instance where I've been anything less than overwhelmingly fair and honest.

There are administrators, moderators and members at another forum that would clearly like me to dry up and die.

So, since they can't tear down my forum, or my app, they come for me.

So, here you go.

Yes, years ago, (1998) long before I ever heard of Mechanical Turk, I owned an e-commerce business that sold pocketknives. This business thrived for many years.

From 1998 to 2005, I had a nice e-commerce business, over a quarter million in sales. My Mother, while babysitting, got into my records. Used my passwords, started pulling my orders, copying them, then deleting them from the server. She set up her own merchant credit card processing account and began charging my customers. My customers would contact me asking why they weren’t getting their orders, orders that I didn’t know existed. She also used my customer’s identities to commit crimes. I tracked down the problem...her. I tried to fix it, and started "refunding" everyone she'd robbed in my name (instead of turning my own Mother over to the law) but was too late. It turns out that trying to fix a problem instead of reporting it makes you a part of a conspiracy. In 2007, I was arrested, so was my Mother. I fought my case HARD for 4 years and very nearly won it. We were convicted in federal court of the same charges: Mail Fraud, Wire Fraud, Access Device Fraud, Identity Theft. I did a good job of fighting my case (my lawyer wanted to sponsor me to law school). I personally paid $65,000 of restitution on the day of my sentencing, she paid nothing. I got 60 days, mostly because it was so hard to believe that a little old lady could do such things. She got 3 ½ years in Federal Prison. But, I was a felon now. I cannot vote, I cannot run for office. I cannot get a good job. I cannot own a firearm. My picture was on the front page of the newspaper, and on the evening news. Hundreds of people “my victims” wanted me dead...no joke. They wanted to pay someone to abuse me while I was incarcerated. I was told that I was worse than a terrorist.

So anyway, 6 years ago my health started to suffer from all of this. Within a two month period I had a kidney stone, pneumonia, and a stroke. I’m greatly weakened, both mentally and physically. I get tired quickly, and have to sleep more than I like to keep a clear head. I’m under a doctor’s care, and a neurologist. They tell me that this is just how it’s going to be from now on, and that this will increase my risk of further mental difficulties later in life.

So, I completed my "time", my "probation", went to school and got a degree in web design/visual communications. I eventually found mTurk and you know the story from there.

Now, since I started this place...which I didn't want to...TN pulled the rug out from under us if you remember...the fine folks at TN, and some others along the way have tried repeatedly to undermine this place. (ask the moderators...they know). I created Otto, and while some of those same people use it...which I could prevent and don't...they also pull hogwash like this.

Therefore, here's my statement for those involved...assholes "There's no skeletons in my closet...I just dragged them out and put them on display" . Damn you all to Hell for not competing in a straight up manner. You're cowards to feel you have to resort to something like this to attack someone like me. I won't go looking into your past...why would I ? I've got better things to do. So, I ask you...my enemies "what would you have me do...quit ?" If I'm detracting from your business, then step up and compete like an honest person. Stop sniveling, I've survived worse than you...far worse.

I've just got done spending nearly $10K on an upgrade to Otto. I'm dead fucking serious about this place. It's clear, by your actions that you aren't serious about yours.

To the membership here...I love you all...I know you love me...I'm not going anywhere...I know I have your support.

Comment

• mominavan
                      mominavan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is so petty! I know all about people deserving a second chance. Almost 8 years ago my husband was charged with manufacturing and because it was done at our home I was drug into and taken to jail also even though I had never been a drug addict. At the time I was working for our local school district driving a bus and I was a teachers aide. I had to resign from my positions and a lot of crap was said about me that was not true. I was put on probation for 5 years and that ended last October. Luckily, my felony is no longer on my record. Those 5 years were hell for finding a job and I had always been the sole provider. That is when I found Mturk. Thankfully I was able to find a school that is understanding of things and has given me another chance in life. I have been there since last November and life has been looking up. Oh, and my husband has 6 years clean and sober. Keep your head up. We are all here to support each other. That's what a family does.

• Hit1371
                      Hit1371 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I am new to this group and don't know you very well, but I think everyone deserves a second chance. Keep on doing what you doing!

• Buffy4711
                      Buffy4711 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I appreciate your honesty and I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I've been here since the beginning and long before Otto(which has changed my turking life) - I know I can trust you and you've created more of a home here than I had at TN..

Hundreds of us are so thankful for all you've done and all the work you've put into this.

Title: Qualification HIT for study on personal attitudes, work, and career | PANDA
                    Requester: Dandan Pang [AT3NMEO5DREQR] (Req TV): $-/hr
                    (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
                    Description: This survey is used to assess suitable workers for a set of follow up studies. If you pass this qualification HIT, you will be invited to participate a few follow-up surveys about your personal attitudes, work, and career.
                    Time: 8 minutes(s)
                    HITs Available: 1
                    Reward: $1.80
                    Qualifications: Employment Status: Employed full time (35+ hours per week) EqualTo 1; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97;

Comment

Title: LONG Auditory Perception Study, Up to $22.50 BONUS possible in 2 hours | PANDA
                      Requester: McDermott Experiments [A19YWY6E1CP566] (Req TV): $13.59/hr/hr
                      (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
                      Description: Make judgments about simple sounds.
                      Time: 4 hour(s)
                      HITs Available: 1
                      Reward: $0.15
                      Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 85; Location In CAUS;

Comment

• cyvamp
                        cyvamp commented
                        Editing a comment
                        How long did this take you Bear

• Bear
                        Bear commented
                        Editing a comment
                        cyvamp I think probably 2 hours.

• cyvamp
                        cyvamp commented
                        Editing a comment