banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

National Fajita Day HITs Tuesday August 18, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Fajita Day HITs Tuesday August 18, 2020

Get some steak sizzling over an open flame because August 18 is National Fajita Day. It’s a day to celebrate the authentic taste of the Southwest with the fiesta of flavor known as the fajita. Throw in some awesome black beans or even add a little hot sauce, guacamole, sour cream, or cheese. The combinations are endless.

​​​​​​A true manifesto of what Tex-Mex culture is, the fajita has taken the culinary world by storm but it all started from some very humble beginnings.

The concept of fajitas began to make the rounds in the early 1930s when Mexican vaqueros in Texas developed the fajita from throwaway cuts of beef – part of their payment for their job. Because of this, said workers learned to use the tough cuts the best they could, especially the flavorsome skirt steak. They cooked the steak over an open fire or grill and were typically served with flour or corn tortillas, pico de gallo, guacamole, and southwestern spices. Soon the cheap, efficient meal meant as a quick fix for workers was becoming a staple in the area, finding its way into new mouths and bellies.

As such, there are numerous different joints that were around at the time that claim to be the launchpad for the fajita. It’s not surprising, everyone wants to be part of a success story. It was in the late 1960s that Sonny Falcon started selling fajitas. He sold so many that he was eventually christened “The Fajita King” as recognition for his role in introducing fajitas to the general public.

Other big moments in fajita history include the restaurant Ninfa’s creating their own version of fajitas in 1973, and Austin’s La Vista restaurant putting “sizzling fajitas” on the menu in 1982. National Fajita Day itself was coined by the restaurant chain On the Border to celebrate the show-stopping dish. If all of this hasn’t got you watering at the mouth then we don’t know what will.

Good morning!

Let's do this!

Comment

Title: Job Application Assessments(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
      Requester: Psychology [A35QM4BKNUJS0B] (Req TV): $26.69/hr/hr
      (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
      Description: Research Project about how Job Applicants Experience Assessments
      Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
      HITs Available: 1
      Reward: $2.50
      Qualifications: Exc: [240618-240029] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

Comment

• Bear
        Bear commented
        Editing a comment
        16 minutes

Underpaid, and the code could easily be missed, it's in the middle of the debriefing , but I am embracing the suck to get to goal lol

Title: Complete a survey about economic preferences and personality | PANDA
      Requester: Joshua Lund [A3DJKSEOJSMU41] (Req TV): $-/hr
      Description: Let us know your preferences in regards to a variety of products and services
      Time: 1 hour(s)
      Reward: $0.75
      Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• cyvamp
        cyvamp commented
        Editing a comment
        I embraced big time to get to 10.00 this morning. Now there is just nothing, nada, zip

• dazcat
        dazcat commented
        Editing a comment
        cyvamp Thanks for the tip, I might have missed it, only on my first cup of coffee

• cyvamp
        cyvamp commented
        Editing a comment
        dazcat the only reason I caught it was my eyes zoomed right to the word code lol

Title: Politics / Attitudes Toward New Acquaintances (~8 Minutes)(~ 8 minutes) | PANDA
      Requester: Yphtach Lelkes [A3QABKQPGF9OKF] (Req TV): $21.89/hr/hr
      (TO): [Pay: 4.06] [Fair: 3.96] [Comm: 3.80] [Fast: 4.04]
      Description: We want to know how you feel toward people you might meet on an everyday basis. Take the survey if you're a U.S. citizen and over 18 years old.
      Time: 30 minutes(s)
      HITs Available: 102
      Reward: $1.00
      Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [238658588-240006] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 50000; SurveyGroup [4163] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;
      Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

Title: Are Current Events Affecting Your Sleep Quality? (2-3 min survey) | PANDA
        Requester: jonathan prichard [A2ODDW5O6MIO16] (Req TV): $43.15/hr/hr
        (TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
        Description: My goal is to identify if events which are making national news are impacting your sleep.
        Time: 30 minutes(s)
        Reward: $0.40
        Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• Sweetheart
          Sweetheart commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought the questions on this one were amusing.

Title: Choosing Group Members for a Team Task | PANDA
        Requester: SNAP [A3O3YAKS1WZSS2] (Req TV): $12.35/hr/hr
        Description: In this interactive survey we ask you to read about people then choose which ones you want to be on your team. You also will have to explain your choices!
        Time: 2 hour(s)
        Reward: $3.00
        Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 80; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Answer a survey about decision-making | PANDA
          Requester: ARRC [A4NJMKW58VXL6] (Req TV): $15.55/hr/hr
          Description: Answer multiple questionnaires and give your opinion on current events
          Time: 3 hour(s)
          Reward: $2.00
          Qualifications: TakenFVCVETM DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: 10-minute survey about question verbiage | PANDA
            Requester: Geo UGC MTurk Research [A2PE6OKUF0OU3O] (Req TV): $65.56/hr/hr
            Description: This is a 10-minute survey about finding which verbiage for question asking works best for you. There will be a few multiple choice and possibly open-ended questions to complete.
            Time: 1 hour(s)
            Reward: $2.25
            Qualifications: Completed Verbiage Pilot DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: A 45 minute Remesh Conversation - 08:15 am ET / 05:15 am PT | PANDA
              Requester: remesh [A32BFAN07OQKZN] (Req TV): $13.20/hr/hr
              Description: A 45 minute Remesh Conversation - 08:15 am ET / 05:15 am PT
              Time: 2 hour(s)
              Reward: $7.50
              Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US;
              ​​​​​​

Comment

• cyvamp
                cyvamp commented
                Editing a comment
                I think we need about 4 more of those lol

• dazcat
                dazcat commented
                Editing a comment
                Very nice! I would recommend he do all of them!

• BlueMoods
                BlueMoods commented
                Editing a comment
                Best Remesh ever! Started on time and ended ~20 minutes early! Probably the best paid Remesh I've ever done.

Happy Tuesday!

Comment

Good Morning we are on fire watch here, the fire came real close last night.

Comment

• TurknShop
                  TurknShop commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Stay safe!

• Curbie
                  Curbie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh no!

• hanzuh
                  hanzuh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Stay safe!

Hi everyone! It's going to be a busy morning here. High schooler has left to get a parking pass for the year. I had him go early so that he can hopefully be done before youngest and I need to leave for the major orthodontist appointment. His phase one is the most extensive out of all of my kids and he is super nervous. But I know it's better to do it now than wait until he's older, when the expander would be more painful due to his palate being closed.

When we get back, I'll be planted in my chair ready to work. I earned enough last week to cover school shopping, so this week I'll be focusing on phone money. My current phone is a few years old and freezes when I do anything, including just putting in my PIN. lol I've got my eye on the Google Pixel 4a that comes out on Friday. To be able to order it in two more direct deposits, I need to earn $57 each day. Let's go, batches!

Comment

• cyvamp
                  cyvamp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If anyone can do it..it's you!

• TurknShop
                  TurknShop commented
                  Editing a comment
                  cyvamp, I appreciate your confidence! If batches cooperate, I'll be fine. Maybe it's time for a batch dance.

Mornin Peeps!!

Comment

Title: Upload 5-minute screencast of an iOS app (iOS Gmail users who schedule) | PANDA
                  Requester: UserBob [A1G1PATDFBA7E5] (Req TV): $13.94/hr/hr
                  (TO): [Pay: 4.66] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 4.93] [Fast: 4.99]
                  Description: Record your iOS phone/tablet screen and your voice while you spend 5 minutes talking about your first use of an app. Then upload the recording.
                  Time: 1 hour(s) 10 minutes(s)
                  Reward: $3.30
                  Qualifications: Reviewer GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1Take Test; demographic13930 EqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99;

Comment

Working...
                  X