banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Earth Overshoot Day HITs Saturday August 22, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth Overshoot Day HITs Saturday August 22, 2020

Earth Overshoot Day marks the date when humanity’s demand for ecological resources and services in a given year exceeds what Earth can regenerate in that year. To determine the date of Earth Overshoot Day, Global Footprint Network calculates the number of days that Earth’s biocapacity can provide for humanity’s Ecological Footprint, as explained on this page. The methodology relies on the latest edition of the National Footprint and Biocapacity Accounts, which unavoidably presents a “time gap” with the present time due to United Nations’ reporting procedures.

To address this “gap” and determine Earth Overshoot Day for the current year, Global Footprint Network establishes trendlines from the National Footprint and Biocapacity Accounts data and extends those trendlines to the present year. Where possible, more recent data from reputable sources (Global Carbon Project, etc.) are incorporated to strengthen the assessment for the “gap” years.

In order to take into account the impacts from the coronavirus pandemic this year, Global Footprint Network combined the most reliable data and formed the most reasonable assumptions to assess humanity’s current resource situation. Changes in carbon emissions, forest harvest, food demand, and other factors that could impact global biocapacity or the Ecological Footprint from January 1st to Earth Overshoot Day 2020 were evaluated. The research team concluded to a 9.3% reduction in the global Ecological Footprint compared to the same period last year.

The downloadable research report documents that the main drivers were the carbon Footprint (reduced 14.5% from 2019) and the forest product Footprint (reduced 8.4% from 2019). The result of all data extrapolations and analyzed factors concludes Earth Overshoot Day 2020 lands on August 22.

Title: Attitudes Study(~ 8 minutes) | PANDA
    Requester: Ipek Demirdag [A2WQ8FKGKDSRA4] (Req TV): $14.04/hr/hr
    (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
    Description: A new survey has been posted. Hurry and sign-up - spaces are limited. The study is related to attitudes towards different “hot topics”. Please note: all participants must be 18 years of age or older to participate in this study.
    Time: 1 hour(s)
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $0.75
    Qualifications: Exc: [-1147278806-240735] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location In US;
    Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

You know it's a slow morning when you put pick fu on panda lol

Comment

​​​​​​
        Title: ARC task | Accept
        Requester: NYU Computational Cognition Lab [A2O6BB9HXEUXX1] Contact
        TV: [Hrly=$10.01] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
        TO: [Pay=3.53] [Fast=3.90] [Comm=3.89] [Fair=4.59] [Reviews=90] [ToS=0]
        TO2: [Hrly=4.78] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=0] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
        Reward: 7.50
        Duration: 2:00:00
        Available: 0
        Description: complete the pattern
        Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Comment

• cyvamp
          cyvamp commented
          Editing a comment
          and the server is unreachable

• Bear
          Bear commented
          Editing a comment
          sorry cyvamp that sucks

• BlueMoods
          BlueMoods commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here. Did anyone send an email to the posted email address for "partial compensation", whatever that means?

Good morning!

Comment

• librarian50
          librarian50 commented
          Editing a comment
          That pic is just amazing. My idea of heaven for sure.

• Bear
          Bear commented
          Editing a comment
          me too librarian50 wish I was there sitting down for breakfast

Title: Judgement and Decision Making #1: read scenarios, answer short questions (native English, US BORN ) (~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
        Requester: PRASAD [A2NKV18P6IXIJU] (Req TV): $16.95/hr/hr
        Description: ONLY LAPTOP! Judgement and Decision Making #1:read scenarios, answer short survey questions (native English, US born and raised ) ~ 10 to 12 minutes
        Time: 30 minutes(s)
        HITs Available: 110
        Reward: $1.00
        Qualifications: Exc: [-1161000601-240931] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 94; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

Comment

Title: Answer a survey about multi-user interactions! | Accept
          Requester: Magic Lab - BGU [A2EOOI8IKCT4ZR] Contact
          TV: [Hrly=$27.01] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
          TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
          TO2: No Reviews
          Reward: 3.70
          Duration: 1:00:00
          Available: 0
          Description: This questionnaire will ask you view different images and provide your input. It will take you approximately 40 minutes to complete the task.

Comment

Good Morning Everyone...I'll be moving my desk and computer to the new house later today, so I'll be 100% offline for most of the day today. Yesterday I severely sprained my right wrist, found a leak under the kitchen sink, discovered that I'll need an electrician to install an outlet so we can use our dryer, our couch (that has been in storage) has mold and will be thrown out (so new couch), and it rained on us moving ...etc.

But, on the positive side, we're about halfway moved in, I taught my oldest Daughter how to install door stops, my youngest Daughter is thrilled at having her own room again, and the internet got installed.

Comment

• ZeldaFoot
              ZeldaFoot commented
              Editing a comment
              Try to take it easy on yourself! Glad you're half way done with the move!

• GypsyClipper
              GypsyClipper commented
              Editing a comment
              Definitely glad to hear you are halfway thru! Congrats on taking it on as a "teaching day" instead losing your shit(which is totally what I would have done).
              Hope your wrist is better and enjoy the peace and quiet on the new couch!

• Curbie
              Curbie commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry about your wrist. I wish we lived close, I'd send Chad over to do that outlet.

Today is terrible. Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 8.22.11 AM.png
            Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

• Bear
              Bear commented
              Editing a comment
              Today's Submitted HITs - 1 - $1.00

Terrible is a matter of perspective.

• cyvamp
              cyvamp commented
              Editing a comment
              Today's Assigned HITs 20 $23.07
              Today's Submitted HITs 13 $3.07

• witch1
              witch1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, at least I don't feel alone in the undertow of suck.

Title: Risk Perception & Decision Making - COVID-19 | Accept
            Requester: Dawn M Sweet [A3NY9QIKB77WG5] Contact
            TV: [Hrly=$9.03] [Pay=Low] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
            TO: [Pay=0.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
            TO2: No Reviews
            Reward: 2.00
            Duration: 45:00
            Available: 1
            Description: The purpose of this research is to better understand how individuals make decisions regarding personal health.

Comment

• cyvamp
              cyvamp commented
              Editing a comment
              I guess I should have done it, with the 30 minute estimate, and the writing, I made the assumption it would suck

• Bear
              Bear commented
              Editing a comment
              hmm .. mine didn't have writing cyvamp

• cyvamp
              cyvamp commented
              Editing a comment
              Bear there must be two versions, mine had a writing prompt for 3 minutes oh politics

Happy Saturday! I tried to sleep in past 7 today. I woke up at 7:03
            Don't forget to sign up for the Our Hit Stop Gift Exchange. The deadline to sign up is November 26, and names will be drawn November 27. Let's spread some joy!

Comment

• ZeldaFoot
              ZeldaFoot commented
              Editing a comment
              Bear don't you dare make these precious weekend days go by any faster than they already do.

• Bear
              Bear commented
              Editing a comment
              ZeldaFoot it is hard for me to keep up with time since I retired. And since I work everyday on Mturk they all seem the same.

• Valley
              Valley commented
              Editing a comment
              Bear I know exactly what you mean. Where I used to live I knew what day it was by the activities of those around me (Monday 7:45am landlord leaving for lecture, Tuesday neighbor putting trash out, Friday farmer harvesting for Saturday market). Now, Nada 🙃

Title: Judge the Usefulness of a Statistical Dataset | PANDA
            Requester: Makoto Kato [A2JG4QF9QAN110] (Req TV): $18.72/hr/hr
            Description: Visit a webpage on a statistical dataset and judge the usefulness of it
            Time: 1 hour(s)
            HITs Available: 250
            Reward: $1.50
            Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• Buffy4711
              Buffy4711 commented
              Editing a comment
              Reputation for rejecting. Tread carefully.

Happy Saturday, I enjoy your weekend even if you gotta work.

Comment

Title: Interoceptive Sensibility and the Decision to Shoot(~ 60 minutes) | PANDA
              Requester: University of Toledo Psychology Department [A1SYMTQNOH0ZYR] (Req TV): $10.34/hr/hr
              Description: Researchers at the University of Toledo are recruiting participants for a study on body awareness and decision making. For this study, we ask that you complete questionnaires and an online game. You must be 18 years of age or older to participate in this study. You will be compensated $6.50 upon successful completion of the study, which takes approximately 1 hour. If you have any questions, please contact us by email. [email protected] Your participation in this study will be confidential.
              Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
              HITs Available: 1
              Reward: $6.50
              Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; Exc: [229087648-240874] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1Take Test; Location In US;

Comment

PE: $2.58
                Guess I'm set to retire now.
                Don't forget to sign up for the Our Hit Stop Gift Exchange. The deadline to sign up is November 26, and names will be drawn November 27. Let's spread some joy!

Comment

Working...
                X