banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Cuban Sandwich Day HITS Sunday August 23, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuban Sandwich Day HITS Sunday August 23, 2020

Cuban sandwich is made of Cuban bread loaf slices into lengths of eight to twelve inches. The bread is also lightly buttered and brushed with olive oil. It is cut horizontally in half. Usually, a coat of mustard is spread on the loaf. Layers of ham, cheese, pork, and thin pickles fill the bread to make up the sandwich. There are times when the added pork is first marinated in mojo and then roasted slowly.

During the National Cuban Sandwich Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people try to make their own delicious Cuban sandwich. Others prefer to buy and eat Cuban sandwich from a restaurant or bakery. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
    History

The early version of Cuban Sandwich originated in Cuba, obviously. But the Cuban sandwich that we eat today came from Tampa, Florida. The sandwich was popular among Cuban workers in the district’s cigar factories.

Good morning!

May all your hits be short and fun.

and tasty ...

Comment

Originally posted by librarian50 View Post
      Cuban sandwich is made of Cuban bread loaf slices into lengths of eight to twelve inches. The bread is also lightly buttered and brushed with olive oil. It is cut horizontally in half. Usually, a coat of mustard is spread on the loaf. Layers of ham, cheese, pork, and thin pickles fill the bread to make up the sandwich. There are times when the added pork is first marinated in mojo and then roasted slowly.

During the National Cuban Sandwich Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people try to make their own delicious Cuban sandwich. Others prefer to buy and eat Cuban sandwich from a restaurant or bakery. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
      History

The early version of Cuban Sandwich originated in Cuba, obviously. But the Cuban sandwich that we eat today came from Tampa, Florida. The sandwich was popular among Cuban workers in the district’s cigar factories.
      I have never tried one, and I don't know why. It sounds amazing

Comment

Title: Economics survey | PANDA
        Requester: TradeVisibility [AHJCP4044V5YY] (Req TV): $16.08/hr/hr
        (TO): [Pay: 4.31] [Fair: 4.56] [Comm: 3.00] [Fast: 4.33]
        Description: Survey about the coronavirus and economics
        Time: 24 hour(s)
        HITs Available: 17
        Reward: $0.70
        Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US;
        Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

I am feeling productive this morning, I made waffles for the week, cinnamon swirl muffins and even made a whole 5.00

Comment

Good Morning Everyone...computer is all set up at new house...still moving...replaced dryer outlet so that's working, televisions are working now, going couch shopping Monday, now refrigerator won't cool, so we're slugging back across town for every meal to old house, someone coming to look at fridge next week. Hot water isn't hot enough so I'll have to turn that up.

Woke up last night and was so disoriented being in a new home that I got dizzy and nearly went down in the dark. I ache all over, shoulders, hip bursitis, sprained wrist, sore feet, etc.

Wife is getting really cranky...that sucks.

But, another day, another chance to get it right.

Comment

• cyvamp
              cyvamp commented
              Editing a comment
              Bear it's the worst I agree

• ZeldaFoot
              ZeldaFoot commented
              Editing a comment
              Moving is awful, but once you get everything in, it's going to be so much better for your family. I'm sorry Murphy's Law is hitting you so hard right now.

• witch1
              witch1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm glad you're finished before all of the crap in the Gulf moves our way....we're on the dirty sides of both.

I wanted to give everyone a reminder about our Amazon Shopping Program. What’s that ?

Near the top of any page on the site, there’s a link called “SHOP”. This link takes you to Amazon. Nearly any purchase you make after following this link gives us back 4% that is put toward site costs and maintenance.

This program costs you nothing, and is a great, and free way for you to support the forums.

In case you tend to forget about this, as many of us do, we have a handy little reminder script. I’d really appreciate it if you would consider installing it.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/407694-ohs-reminder

This script will give you the option of using the Shopping Program any time you go to Amazon.

Comment

Title: Line Drawing | PANDA
              Requester: Adobe Inc [A3BLR8VJ2UKEEV] (Req TV): $15.26/hr/hr
              (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
              Description: In this questionnaire you will be asked to trace on top of given shape outlines using a digital pen to create a freehand line drawing using your favorite style, colors, and brushes.
              Time: 3 hour(s)
              HITs Available: 24
              Reward: $0.50
              Qualifications: None;

Comment

Title: A study on Environmentalism - must support the environmental cause to participate(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
                Requester: Jocelyn Belanger [A1FRNYP4JBDAB6] (Req TV): $12.42/hr/hr
                (TO): [Pay: 3.01] [Fair: 4.44] [Comm: 2.83] [Fast: 4.44]
                Description: Do not complete this survey using a phone - there is a videogame and you can't use your phone to do it.
                Time: 30 minutes(s)
                HITs Available: 22
                Reward: $1.00
                Qualifications: Exc: [241577-240988] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

Comment

• cyvamp
                  cyvamp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This wasn't too bad, it does use inquisit, but it's a fast inquisit section

Title: Attitudes, Life Situations, and Personality(~ 30 minutes) | PANDA
                Requester: Self-Regulation & Motivation Lab [AYR9TXBLTYJNY] (Req TV): $20.15/hr/hr
                Description: This online study is designed to investigate how personality influences decision making and attitudes.
                Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
                HITs Available: 1
                Reward: $1.00
                Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [223445599-240143] DoesNotExist ; TP Panel: 1281848183 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

Comment

Happy Sunday! The best cuban sandwich I ever had was from little sandwich shop in Clearwater Florida. I've tried several since then and none of them compare. I guess it's time I start trying to replicate it.

Unrelated question: I have an HP laptop, touch screen, windows 10. I was wiping the screen off the other day and like a dummy I didn't turn the screen off first. So the screen zoom went crazy. Now every time I refresh a webpage, the zoom is smaller and I keep having to pinch zoom to read it. It's not the Chrome zoom setting, because that still reads the same % I always keep it at. I can't find anything in my windows settings for this though. Help please!

Comment

• Bear
                    Bear commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've never heard of that happening. If your browser is set to 100%, then try going to windows Settings > System > Display and make sure that's correct. You can try resetting Chrome but I've never done it. Read this: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en

• ZeldaFoot
                    ZeldaFoot commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's like the touch screen has its own zoom settings, but I don't see it listed anywhere in the Display settings.

• Bear
                    Bear commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ZeldaFoot can you call HP's tech support number? Maybe they might have an idea.

Title: Quick Survey (~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
                  Requester: CBresearch [A2C3GVWBXGG0X7] (Req TV): $13.30/hr/hr
                  Description: In this short survey, you will answer to several questions about decision making
                  Time: 30 minutes(s)
                  HITs Available: 112
                  Reward: $0.20
                  Qualifications: Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 100000; 9953d602 DoesNotExist ; Exc: [666500433-240995] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

Comment

Title: Category creation and assigning for texts in images! | PANDA
                    Requester: kixlab-jean [AQKOMRXZC0PHK] (Req TV): $15.38/hr/hr
                    Description: Generate a set of categories, and assign them for texts in images.
                    Time: 1 hour(s)
                    HITs Available: 1
                    Reward: $4.00
                    Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50;

Comment

Humongous navigation batches for those with the qual. I'm hoping I can knock these out before basketball this afternoon. Luckily the games are five minutes away, so that's a plus.

I've managed 50 instruction HITs so far. Trying to do 25 at a time and then take a short break.

Comment

Otto has been silent for me today. I even double-checked he's running. This sucks.

Comment

• cyvamp
                          cyvamp commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yep, me too. I kind of expect that on the weekend though
                      Working...
                      X