banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

National Toilet Paper Day HITs Wednesday August 26, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Toilet Paper Day HITs Wednesday August 26, 2020

75% of the world's population doesn't use toilet paper.

Prior to the invention of TP – people would commonly use hay, corncobs, sticks, stones, sand, moss, hemp, wool, husks, fruit peels, ferns, sponges, seashells, and broken pottery. Ouch!

The first recorded use of toilet paper was in 6th Century China.

It wasn't until 1935 that a manufacturer was able to promise "Splinter-Free Toilet Paper."

Packaged toilet paper wasn't sold in the United States until 1857 - Joseph C. Gayetty created the first commercially packaged toilet paper in 1857. His toilet papers were loose, flat, sheets of paper – and he had his name printed on every sheet.

The average person in the United States uses 100 rolls of toilet paper per year and the average household flushes about 80,000 sheets annually.

7% of Americans admit to stealing rolls of toilet paper in hotels.

Colored toilet paper was popular in the U. S. until the 1940s – and ceased in its popularity due to hygiene and cost issues - but still very popular in France and self absorbed celebrities.

The reason toilet paper disintegrates to quickly when wet is that the combination of base fibers to make the tissue are designed to "disperse" in water for quick disposal.

On the International Space Station, they still use regular toilet paper – but it has to be sealed in special containers and compressed.

During Desert Storm, the U. S. Army used toilet paper to camouflage their tanks.

In 1973 Johnny Carson caused a toilet paper shortage. He said as a joke that there was a shortage, which there wasn't, until everyone believed him and ran out to buy up the supply. It took three weeks for some stores to get more stock!

When asked what necessity they would bring to a desert island, 49% of people said toilet paper before food.

Title: Answer a survey about a new Smart Vanity Mirror | Accept
    Requester: Rain Rain [A1LX8OQW8BEBCI] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$15.56] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: No Reviews
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 1.25
    Duration: 7:00:00
    Available: 1
    Description: Give us your opinion about a new new Smart Vanity Mirror that leverage AI to give skin care analysis and recommendations.
    Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Gender - Female EqualTo 1

Comment

good start, I qualified...bad news the end has an error and there is no way to submit. I have emailed them , but I am not sure they are responsive

​​​​​​
      Title: User Test, Requires Windows or Mac, ec06816b | PANDA
      Requester: SoundingBox (Change Sciences Group) [A1DIWKR9NEY82N] (Req TV): $22.56/hr/hr
      (TO): [Pay: 3.27] [Fair: 4.10] [Comm: 3.63] [Fast: 3.92]
      Description: Perform a user test on a website. It's fun and your opinion matters!
      Time: 2 hour(s)
      HITs Available: 1
      Reward: $5.00
      Qualifications: Study Group Exclusion - bdae5774-dff4-4f63-a2a1-d62d21cfe23f DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US;

Comment

• Buffy4711
        Buffy4711 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had the same problem once and it took them a long time to reply. They give me a compensation hit, but it was for a fraction of the original.

I haven't done one of theirs since...

• cyvamp
        cyvamp commented
        Editing a comment
        Buffy4711 They replied with in a couple of hours for me and set up a dummy hit for the full amount

Good morning! Yesterday turned out to be very good so I'm hoping for a repeat today. Then this morning I woke up to 200 bonus emails from the navigation HITs. I'm guessing we are done for this round, but I was wrong last time so we'll see.

My plan for the day is to run to the store for a lock for my middle schooler's locker and some lunch box items for my 4th grader. I'm going to go as soon as the stores open so I don't miss out on anything batches that are sure to drop starting at, say, 10 am Eastern.

Comment

• Sweetheart
        Sweetheart commented
        Editing a comment
        Fingers crossed today is as good as yesterday!!

Happy Wednesday! I recently found a huge case of toilet paper at Sam's Club. Every where around here had been telling me TP was out of stock when I tried to place an online order. But I walked in the store and there was a mountain of it!
      Names have been drawn for the Our Hit Stop Gift Exchange. Don't forget to send a gift by December 21!.

Comment

• cyvamp
        cyvamp commented
        Editing a comment
        I just got some too at sams

• librarian50
        librarian50 commented
        Editing a comment
        TP seems to be hit or miss, but in my NJ area it is not a problem. But disinfecting wipes are still rare.

• Sweetheart
        Sweetheart commented
        Editing a comment
        It is abundant where I live, but you cannot get Lysol or soap.

Title: Review a web application| PANDA
      Requester: Ben Hanrahan [A2T8ATNMPNIQ9C]
      (TO): [Pay: 0 ] [Fair: 0 ] [Comm: 0 ] [Fast: 0 ]
      Description: Perform given tasks on an application and complete brief questions after completion.
      Time: 03:00:00
      HITs Available: 0
      Reward: $3
      Qualifications: None

Comment

• cyvamp
        cyvamp commented
        Editing a comment
        Batting zero this morning, I think the button in the instructions is missing, or I am an idiot..it could be the latter lol. In any case I had to return this too

Good Morning Everyone...was up all night with my eldest Daughter being sick to her stomach. I'm taking the youngest Daughter to an orthodontist appointment in just a few minutes. I'm tired and sleepy. More moving to do today for sure.

Comment

• Kizzy
        Kizzy commented
        Editing a comment
        Ouch horrible when kids are sick. Hope she feels better.

• librarian50
        librarian50 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope she is ok and things start going your way....

• Curbie
        Curbie commented
        Editing a comment
        Aw, poor girl. I hope she's feeling better.

Good morning!

Comment

• cyvamp
        cyvamp commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you recall me finding a case months ago of the huge rolls of commercial toilet paper...I still haven't run out. I have 3 left

• Bear
        Bear commented
        Editing a comment
        cyvamp I bought about 48 rolls back in March I think. Still haven't used it all.
        Last edited by Bear; 08-26-2020, 09:13 AM.

Good Morning Everyone. Hey so I am wondering if something in my OTTO setup is not right. Before the new update which I am now running 1.3.1 Otto was catching hits but it would not alert me that it did. Now with this update I have been running it since the release and its not catching one single HIT. I have dropped the amount under $1 and still nothing and thats running it maybe 5-6 hours a day. All the HITS I am catching I am doing manually. Nothing else is running but OTTO and I stay up on QUALS. Any thoughts?

Comment

• notes.left
        notes.left commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Yea I am trying that now. Hopefully that works.

• Fisherman
        Fisherman commented
        Editing a comment
        Watch the video and make sure your setting are correct. It definitely IS POSSIBLE that you can have Otto Heavy set up to not catch anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjg5Nw2WKHw&t=156s

• Fisherman
        Fisherman commented
        Editing a comment
        post a screenshot of your settings here if you can.

Title: Complete a set of tasks on a website and give us feedback. (bonus available) | PANDA
      Requester: CXL agency [A15DF5Y6V1P2SQ] (Req TV): $30.23/hr/hr
      (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
      Description: You will be asked download the Userlytics recorder to enable User testing, which will take you through a series of tasks on a website. We will require the participants to share their webcam, screen and audio recording.
      Time: 1 hour(s)
      Reward: $6.00
      Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Public Willingness to Pay for Endangered Marine Species | PANDA
        Requester: Bill Gao [A14J20ZUC0GPUC] (Req TV): $23.59/hr/hr
        Description: The purpose of the research is to collect information on public attitudes and opinions about endangered species that are charismatic and/or keystone.
        Time: 20 minutes(s)
        Reward: $1.25
        Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 75;

Comment

mornin peeps!

Comment

Title: Impact of Knowledge on Criminal Justice Attitudes and Beliefs | PANDA
            Requester: Eva McKinsey [A30YMI65YVJ6P] (Req TV): $20.49/hr/hr
            Description: Take this survey to help us better understand how different types of knowledge impact criminal justice-related attitudes and beliefs.
            Time: 1 hour(s)
            Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• librarian50
              librarian50 commented
              Editing a comment
              Did this last night, approved. I don't remember the time, but it was not long.

• cyvamp
              cyvamp commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it was 20 for me

Originally posted by cyvamp View Post
            good start, I qualified...bad news the end has an error and there is no way to submit. I have emailed them , but I am not sure they are responsive

​​​​​​
            Title: User Test, Requires Windows or Mac, ec06816b | PANDA
            Requester: SoundingBox (Change Sciences Group) [A1DIWKR9NEY82N] (Req TV): $22.56/hr/hr
            (TO): [Pay: 3.27] [Fair: 4.10] [Comm: 3.63] [Fast: 3.92]
            Description: Perform a user test on a website. It's fun and your opinion matters!
            Time: 2 hour(s)
            Qualifications: Study Group Exclusion - bdae5774-dff4-4f63-a2a1-d62d21cfe23f DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US;
            They set up a dummy hit...yay!

Comment

You've received a bonus from MIT Economics Study for work related to 3VZYA8PIUR4CFJFUSYAUZLFUFRR05B.
              The value of your bonus is: $0.75 USD

The Requester included this note:
              Attention check passed. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X