banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

National Read a Book Day HITs Sunday September 6, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Read a Book Day HITs Sunday September 6, 2020

Possibly created by a bibliophile, the unofficial holiday encourages people to pick up a book and immerse themselves in it.
    Lowers Stress
    Research has shown that reading can have several health and social benefits. Frequent readers tend to have lower stress levels than non-readers. In addition, reading can stimulate brain activity and improve memory. Socially, reading can reap a lot of benefits - well-read people tend to be more empathetic and aware of societal ills and differences.

Reading can also improve critical thinking and comprehension skills and can make people better writers.
    How to Celebrate?
    Wether you are a fan of fiction, non-fiction, science fiction, history, medical literature, short stories or any of the hundreds of genre of literature out there, here are some ways you can celebrate Read a Book Day:
    • Read that book you have always been meaning to pick up and read.
    • Revisit your favorite book and read it again.
    • Join a local book club so that you have more motivation to read.
    • If you are already a part of a book club, what about organizing a book party for them? Invite all the book club members and discuss a book while enjoying dishes inspired by your favorite books.

Hi Fisherman, I have let Otto Heavy run for 2 days straight. Zero HITs. Otto Lite not running, cache cleared, OH cycle set to 1.4 with not even PC running. No other scrapers running. $ set OH to .10, and still Zero HITs. What is jacked up on my system or settings to not allow OH not to work? Could it be something in my Bitdefender firewall-config that's stopping it? Please advise as I really want Heavy to work on my system.
    The Gonz

Comment

• Fisherman
      Fisherman commented
      Editing a comment
      GonzoATL I'll work with you to get this resolved. I don't think it has anything to do with your firewall.

This sounds like the classic case of having Otto Heavy set up to not catch hits. Can you give me a screenshot of your Filter settings ?

• Bear
      Bear commented
      Editing a comment
      GonzoATL I don't think it would be Bitdefender. I use it too and Otto Heavy works fine. Have you tried reinstalling? Do you have the TO filter turned off?

A batch of 3
    Title: Survey about your work style. | PANDA
    Requester: mturk-ta-requester [A2RKIHBW76RRDK] (Req TV): N/A
    (TO): [Pay: 3.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 3.50]
    Description: Respond to statements about workplace behavior based on your honest self-evaluation
    Time: 3 hour(s)
    HITs Available: 3
    Reward: $5.00
    Qualifications: Exclude from future research DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Online Experiment: Try and test interfaces for reading news comments | Accept
      Requester: kixlab-jean [AQKOMRXZC0PHK] Contact
      TV: [Hrly=$14.12] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Good] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
      TO: [Pay=2.71] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=8] [ToS=1]
      TO2: No Reviews
      Reward: 8.00
      Duration: 3:00:00
      Available: 0
      Description: Online Experiment: Test three interfaces for reading news articles and leaving comments.
      Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Comment

Good morning!

Let the SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY hit parade begin!

Comment

Title: Cleaning Assistance Task| PANDA
          Requester: Noah Turk [A33P8VPM5C8MYJ]
          (TO): [Pay: 0 ] [Fair: 0 ] [Comm: 0 ] [Fast: 0 ]
          Description: TODO
          Time: 02:00:00
          HITs Available: 1
          Reward: $7.5
          Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• Bear
            Bear commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure of the time due to starting late but well under 30 minutes and pretty easy.

Yep, about 6 minutes.
          Title: 6 minute Language survey: judge English sentences | PANDA
          Requester: Schuyler Laparle [A3BREZ8F2ICVB] (Req TV): N/A
          (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
          Description: How "natural" do these English sentences sound to you?
          Time: 30 minutes(s)
          Reward: $1.50
          Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

$18 from 3 hits. Thanks Otto! (hopefully none will be rejected )

Comment

• cyvamp
              cyvamp commented
              Editing a comment
              2.35 from 3 hits lol

• GonadStrife
              GonadStrife commented
              Editing a comment
              5.65 from 22

• NoelC
              NoelC commented
              Editing a comment
              $7.5 from 2 completed.

Finally grabbed the mturk-ta-requester HIT for 5 bucks. Hopefully not going to be as slow as it was yesterday. Only shooting for $10 and I am halfway there. Last night ended with me sleeping on my porch watching Rick and Morty drunk as hell. Screwdriver to start off the day seems fitting.

Comment

• cyvamp
              cyvamp commented
              Editing a comment
              Holiday weekends tend to be some of the slowest unfortunately. I choose to be productive around the house on these days and just let otto run and try and catch anything that may pass by.

• GonadStrife
              GonadStrife commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll still beat yesterday at this rate, over 8 bucks so far. I have been on administrative leave for work for 2 months getting full pay but I am missing the OT.

• cyvamp
              cyvamp commented
              Editing a comment
              GonadStrife, you're doing great, everything is silent on my end

Title: Answer a short 3 minute survey about national issues | Accept
            Requester: Spencer Kimball [AOR3BF8M9OQIX] Contact
            TV: [Hrly=$13.57] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
            TO: [Pay=3.42] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=15] [ToS=0]
            TO2: No Reviews
            Reward: 1.00
            Duration: 1:00:00
            Available: 1
            Description: Public opinion poll about topics in the news
            Qualifications: Location EqualTo US-NJ

Comment

Title: Attitudes and Understanding of COVID-19(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
              Requester: Allison Skinner [A9091TJAUOOHF] (Req TV): N/A
              Description: This study examines how people think about and understand information about COVID-19. Only individuals who are 18 years of age or older, fluent in English, and currently residing in the U.S. may participate in this study.
              Time: 1 hour(s)
              Reward: $2.50
              Qualifications: TP Panel: -727007145 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [244295-243706] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

Comment

Good morning cupcakes! I am taking today OFF! I was "kidnapped" last night by my boys and we went for fancy coffee and car riding. We took a wrong turn down a gravel road and wound up scaring ourselves 🤣! It went on for a mile or two and had NO lights and we came up on a farmhouse with a school bus in the yard...again, not a single light. Real Texas Chainsaw Massacre stuff! It was so funny!
                Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

• CrazyCatLady
                  CrazyCatLady commented
                  Editing a comment
                  that sounds like a lot of fun

• witch1
                  witch1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  CrazyCatLady it was the most fun I've had in 15 years! When we were lost I told them about a book I'm reading "Devolution" and scared them worse ! Its about Mount Ranier erupting and causing a troop of Bigfoot to leave the mountain in search of food and they start attacking little towns in Washington along the way! It was so funny!

The 30 day free trial of Otto Heavy will be ending on 9/16/2020. All T2 members who have not upgraded to T3 memberships by this time will no longer have access to Otto Heavy and will revert to Otto Lite.

Please let me know as soon as you can if you will be upgrading so I can make sure you have no disruptions.

Comment

• witch1
                  witch1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Posted in the FB group

Good morning, everyone!

Comment

• hanzuh
                  hanzuh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  GonadStrife When I went to college, my apartment was right next to a church... Thankfully I went home almost every weekend. Waking up to those bells on a Sunday morning is a nope from me!

• GonadStrife
                  GonadStrife commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I bought my house when I was 21 and am now 33, almost 34, and I have had to endure the bells for going on 12 years. I don't knock the calling their congregation, I only ask that they wait until I am less hungover or drunk again.

• CrazyCatLady
                  CrazyCatLady commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thankfully the church behind my house doesn't have any bells

Title: A survey on public health_covid-19 | PANDA
                Requester: ResearchCom [ASGNU7U99USTY] (Req TV): N/A
                Description: Research on public health. We'd like to understand your opinion about the COVID-19 pandemic (You must be a native English speaker to participate in the survey).
                Time: 3 hour(s)
                Reward: $2.50
                Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Working...
                X