banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

National Grandparents Day HITs Sunday September 13, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Grandparents Day HITs Sunday September 13, 2020

On the first Sunday after Labor Day we celebrate National Grandparents Day. This year the date falls on September 13. Like Mother’s day and Father’s day we also have a whole day dedicated to our grandparents. Grandparents and children have a special connection that is proven to both make grandparents live longer, and also make children more emotionally resilient. Grandparents Day is an opportunity to treasure that connection and spend some quality family time together.

In 1969, nine-year-old Russell Capper sent President Nixon a letter suggesting that a day should be set aside in order to celebrate grandparents. On June 12, 1969, he received a letter back from Rose Mary Woods — Personal Secretary to the President — reading, “Dear Russell, Thank you for your letter to President Nixon. Your suggestion regarding a Grandparent’s Day is appreciated, but the President ordinarily issues proclamations designating periods for special observance only when a Congressional resolution authorizes him to do so. With best wishes, Sincerely, Rose Mary Woods Personal Secretary to the President.”

Following this letter, Marian McQuade was recognized nationally by the U.S. Senate and by President Jimmy Carter as the founder of National Grandparents Day. McQuade wanted to educate the youth about the importance of seniors and the contributions they have made throughout history. She urged the youth to “adopt” a grandparent and learn more about their lives, challenges, and desires for the future.

In 1977, Senator Randolph, with the help of other senators, introduced a joint resolution to the senate requesting the president to “issue annually a proclamation designating the first Sunday of September after Labor Day of each year as ‘National Grandparents’ Day’.” Congress passed the legislation, proclaiming the first Sunday after Labor Day as National Grandparent’s Day. On August 3, 1978, Jimmy Carter signed the proclamation, and the day was finally celebrated the following year.

Good morning I look forward to being a Grandma someday.

I caught this but already did it last night. I won't lie, it kinda sucks and took me 73 minutes, but I woke up to it being paid already, so there is that

​​​​​​
    Title: Cognitive Assessment | Accept
    Requester: E. Navarro [A2M5SR25E9YUCY] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$15.67] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: No Reviews
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 10.00
    Duration: 6:00:00
    Available: 1
    Description: This is a performance study with 10 sub-tests. The entire study should take about 1.5 hours.
    Qualifications: Age - 55 or Older EqualTo 0; Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US

Comment

• librarian50
      librarian50 commented
      Editing a comment
      You will love it! Being a Grandma is fabulous!
      I hate to add to the suck of that HIT, but he paid $15 in June......

• cyvamp
      cyvamp commented
      Editing a comment
      librarian50 I saw that on TV before I started it, I was hoping it was altered lol. I will also say, I have one child who just doesn't like children at all, he will give me furry grand puppies instead lol
      Last edited by cyvamp; 09-13-2020, 08:08 AM.

• witch1
      witch1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Meh...not all it cracked up to be. It's why I live states and states away from mine.

Good morning!

I hope everyone has a scintillating Sunday!

Comment

• cyvamp
      cyvamp commented
      Editing a comment
      I could eat this times 2 right now

• Carolyn
      Carolyn commented
      Editing a comment
      This breakfast looks so good I am trying to find evidence that it is photoshopped. lol

Good Morning Everyone...I hope to be a grandparent someday. I hope I make it that long without too much suffering in between. I never lived anywhere near mine.

I've been missing my parents a bit lately. Mom of course died about a year ago, but didn't know me anymore...and Dad is still here in town, but is happier not knowing me anymore.

That was kinda a downer wasn't it...maybe I'll just go upstairs and watch some TV for a while.

Comment

• Kizzy
      Kizzy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah being a Grandparent would be great if you get to see them. But my son married a German girl, got divorced and now the kids live with their mother in Germany and we don't even get to see them.

• Fisherman
      Fisherman commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm okay folks, I just have my good days and bad like everyone else.

• Sweetheart
      Sweetheart commented
      Editing a comment
      librarian50 That is awesome! Just made my day!!

4 minutes

​​​​​​
    Title: Two surveys - US citizens only(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
    Requester: MJ H [A1ZTMLZ5IGZT1A] (Req TV): $14.46/hr/hr
    (TO): [Pay: 3.53] [Fair: 4.91] [Comm: 2.60] [Fast: 4.80]
    Description: computer access only. US participants only. Include screener questions.
    Time: 30 minutes(s)
    HITs Available: 34
    Reward: $0.55
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [-1048773998-245094] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

Comment

Happy Sunday!
      Don't forget to sign up for the Our Hit Stop Gift Exchange. The deadline to sign up is November 26, and names will be drawn November 27. Let's spread some joy!

Comment

Title: Virtual Environments and Depression | PANDA
        Requester: Cornell Researcher [A1ZDO9K0RM16QH] (Req TV): $30.65/hr/hr
        (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
        Description: Recruiting individuals with and without depression. View two virtual environments for 5-10 minutes each, and answer questions about demographics and usability (25 min). Up to $11--including bonuses!
        Time: 3 hour(s)
        HITs Available: 1
        Reward: $10.00
        Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• cyvamp
          cyvamp commented
          Editing a comment
          ohhhh I want this!!

• Bear
          Bear commented
          Editing a comment
          I NEED this

Good Morning, Day 6 of smoke smoke smoke. Yesterday they told us to wear N95 mask even in the house.

Comment

Morning All

Never had kids - never liked the noisy little shoogars. So I happily won't ever be a grandparent. Anyhoo, have a HIT:

Title: Image Quality Evaluation. V.10 | PANDA
          Requester: MMSPG [ACBGRN4ALDLKP] (Req TV): $11.65/hr/hr
          Description: Evaluating visual qualtiy of compressed images.
          Time: 3 hour(s)
          Reward: $8.00
          Qualifications: JAI test done DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80;

Comment

Football is back today! 😁

Comment

• librarian50
              librarian50 commented
              Editing a comment
              I am excited, even though I can never watch the Jets on my local stations. So I will watch the Eagles.....

• Bear
              Bear commented
              Editing a comment
              librarian50 check your messages

• mominavan
              mominavan commented
              Editing a comment
              I can't wait!!!!!

More ramblings from the Fisherman...(maybe I'll make this a regular OHS feature..."Sunday Ramblings" or something like that. A time when we share what's on our minds and going on in our lives a little.

I woke up this morning and felt a change...not so much a drastic physical change or anything, but I felt like I have crossed a threshold. I know that we all age at different rates, and I've felt older than my chronological age for decades.

Honestly I feel like overnight I've transitioned from middle-aged to the very beginning of something else. I can't really say it's "old age" yet since I'm 52 (and will be 53 on Saturday), but the last year has taken a toll on me. It's been the worst year of my life in a way, and that's actually saying something.

My beard, when I let it grow long enough to tell, has gone from black to bone white in the past year and sometimes when I look in the mirror I don't see much of myself there. Arthritis is much worse and I'm finding myself sleeping more and enjoying it less.

Don't get me wrong...oddly enough I don't really seem to mind the change all that much, so I guess I'm aging gracefully at least...and there's no corvette, or younger girlfriend in my future...lol. I've just noticed that I'm starting to pace myself in a way that I didn't before. It's actually kinda pleasant to not feel the "foot to the floor" fear/drive.

We had a stray cat come live at the house we moved from a month ago. She had been there with us for about 6 months. We weren't sure that she wouldn't run off if we brought her here, but we took a chance. The first day, she took off for 48 hours, then she came back and has been a rock of stability ever since. My wife and kids are very happy about that.

I'm still moving stuff from storage, cleaning it, and putting it in the house. I moved a bookcase in yesterday. On the bottom of it reads "Built by LD, Mary, and John...September 13, 1969". I wasn't even two years old then. It sat in my Dad's living room for ages but I realized that I've now had this thing for as long as he did. I've actually got a lot of furniture that was built by my Grandfather, Father, or myself. New dryer is working great. Our refrigerator went out again...repairman coming again tomorrow. My Wife hates that, so I bought another fridge and we set it up in the garage...hard to live without a fridge.

Comment

Title: Choose the odd shape | PANDA
              Requester: Danny [A50DMZMH84QZ1] (Req TV): N/A
              Description: Choose the shape that is not like the other two.
              Time: 1 hour(s)
              Reward: $4.00
              Qualifications: Masters Exists ;

Comment

Title: New Technology Survey (20 minutes; Stanford University) | Accept
                Requester: HPDS Catalyst [A3L3XIMERNJ1TY] Contact
                TV: [Hrly=$24.70] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
                TO: No Reviews
                Reward: 5.00
                Duration: 2:00:00
                Available: 0
                Description: You will see and evaluate three designs.
                Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Comment

Good morning, everyone!

Comment

This crap ticks me off. I get all the way to the end, and then it says I am unqualified...AVOID

Title: Gaming Study | Accept
                    Requester: ray [A1T2DPSSYG91Y4] Contact
                    TV: [Hrly=$7.18] [Pay=Low] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
                    TO: [Pay=3.88] [Fast=4.33] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=4.33] [Reviews=9] [ToS=0]
                    Reward: 1.00
                    Duration: 1:00:00
                    Available: 1
                    Description: We have a short game for you to play and then a survey with some questions about your experience and yourself. It should take 5-6 minutes in total.
                    Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Comment

• kate
                      kate commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Same here cyvamp. I've written to him.

• Bear
                      Bear commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It was in my queue when I came back from vacuuming. Guess it is going back.

• kate
                      kate commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He said I could submit it with my worker ID, just in case anyone still has it.
                  Working...
                  X