banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

National Punctuation Day HITs Thursday September 24, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Punctuation Day HITs Thursday September 24, 2020

On National Punctuation Day, all forms of punctuation are celebrated, especially the lowly comma. This is a day that’s celebrated on September 24th and is a day used to teach everyone about the importance of punctuation in their writing. The addition or removal of punctuation can change the entire meaning of a sentence, so everyone needs to use this day to help improve their writing skills to write more clearly.

​​​​​​A Question Mark Was Once A Word
    When the Romans wrote Latin, they would often end questions with the word “questio.” This word was then eventually abbreviated to just “qo” to save time, This would be written with a lowercase “q” and “o.” Eventually, people just turned the “q” into a tailed loop and then placed the “o” underneath it to save time.
    The Symbol “&” Used To Be In The Alphabet
    Another fascinating fact is that the “&” symbol used to be in the alphabet. It followed the letter “z” in the alphabet. Since it didn’t have a specific name, when children sang the alphabet they would say “z and per se.” Eventually, this was slurred together as the word ampersand and it was eventually dropped from the alphabet.

Good morning, folks! Earliest start I've gotten in a long time. And right off the bat it's already paying off. But if you don't like Inquisit, you won't want this one.

Title: Memory, Self and Performance Studies | Accept
    Requester: RISC Lab [A3124JAQIED6KU] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$25.48] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: No Reviews
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 3.60
    Duration: 1:00:00
    Available: 44
    Description: WHITE AMERICANS ONLY! [if you do not meet the qualification you will not be compensated] 20-30 minute study including categorization tasks and brief surveys
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US

Comment

• BlueMoods
      BlueMoods commented
      Editing a comment
      I was always hesitant to install Inquisit and then when I finally did, on my old computer, it wouldn't install properly. But when I got this computer last spring I was finally able to get it installed and use it. The only issue I have with it is that after I've used Inquisit the bottom tray (I think it's called) with the icons, date, time, etc., is covered and I don't know how to get it back to normal except by restarting my computer.

• cyvamp
      cyvamp commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I haven't had that issue

• dazcat
      dazcat commented
      Editing a comment
      I usually do not have an issue with Inquisit, except not liking them, lol, but this one made my computer freeze-up and I had to re-start, wouldn't go past one of the beginning screens.

There's a whole bunch of folks on FB-generally the ones with the loudest opinions lol-that have never heard of nor used punctuation. It annoys me, but, gives me troll ammunition if they're "not nice".
    Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

• cyvamp
      cyvamp commented
      Editing a comment
      I can say I rarely see that because I stay away from anything political or about religion on FB. I tend to stick with the dodo (happy ending animal rescues), family, friends, and food sights lol

• witch1
      witch1 commented
      Editing a comment
      cyvamp I do, too. But I also follow my local news station because of our flaky weather here and I swear! Those folks would make a rain shower religious or political!

• Kizzy
      Kizzy commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha I feel the same I swear no matter what the post is about someone in the comments makes it about religion or politics more politics than anything else right now.

Good morning librarian50 , BlueMoods and witch1

​​​​​​
    Title: Find the most naturalistic input interaction for the driver’s inside self-driving cars | Accept
    Requester: hcislab [A12ICC42KCBA6W] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$13.78] [Pay=Unrated] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: No Reviews
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 5.00
    Duration: 40:00
    Available: 12
    Description: You supposed to watch short videos that reflecting real driving scenarios in the self-driving car. Please imagine yourself in the seat of the driver and select the most proper input interaction you may use to talk with the self-driving car.
    Qualifications: Car Owner EqualTo 1; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90
    Last edited by cyvamp; 09-24-2020, 06:30 AM.

Comment

• cyvamp
      cyvamp commented
      Editing a comment
      witch1 that actually made me say awww out loud lol

• librarian50
      librarian50 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good morning! Maybe remesh will be awake today?

• bromeliad
      bromeliad commented
      Editing a comment
      There is barely enough time to complete this survey.

My husband is off for 4 days, not good for my productivity. I will just lower my expectations, especially for today since we are going to be running errands

Comment

• witch1
      witch1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lowered expectations=happiness!

• cyvamp
      cyvamp commented
      Editing a comment
      witch1 I agree, we need breaks sometimes, I just tend to feel guilty when I take them

Go'od Mor,ning Turk:ing 'Neig?hbors;

Comment

Good Morning Everyone...

Comment

Hello friends

Comment

• Fisherman
          Fisherman commented
          Editing a comment
          Good Morning, your 3 day Otto trial ended this morning...let me know what you think...

• Snappy78
          Snappy78 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks i'm on trial with a few other scripts as well so will choose the best one for my setup after i've tested them all.

Good morning everyone!

Comment

I really hesitate to mention my PE so far because I don't want anyone to feel bad. Yep...it's 2.98! That's right! I'm taking all the hits 🤣
          Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

• BlueMoods
            BlueMoods commented
            Editing a comment
            cyvamp, what time zone? I was up between 6:30 and 7 EST and only the one Memory and Performance hit so far. Then again, I have Otto set to $3 and Masters because I'm doing other things right now, so that could have something to do with it.

• cyvamp
            cyvamp commented
            Editing a comment
            BlueMoods I am eastern and I have otto set at .45 lol. I was on at 5:30 am

• Snappy78
            Snappy78 commented
            Editing a comment
            Mornings have really been crap in Sept

Mornin Peeps!

Comment

Good Morning!

Comment

Easy
              Title: Image Evaluation Task(~ 3 minutes) | PANDA
              Requester: Carolyn Keller [A1N561U18SGN8I] (Req TV): $19.03/hr/hr
              (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
              Description: Give your opinion on eight images
              Time: 15 minutes(s)
              HITs Available: 23
              Reward: $0.65
              Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [247927-247338] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; Location In CAUS; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95;

Comment

Is anyone else getting an error at the end of every Qualtrics HIT and having to enter the url to get the secret code?

Comment

• Curbie
                  Curbie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, for about a week. I always get so nervous about if it will work or not when I'm entering the url.

• Bear
                  Bear commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Been happening for me for 2 or 3 weeks. Even after clearing cookies.

• Violetcat
                  Violetcat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yup. I've been getting that for a week or two.

Good Morning Crowd, I am ready to work now just need the hits to start coming in!

Comment

• witch1
                  witch1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  BlueMoods is taking them all! With a penny bonus even!
              Working...
              X