banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Sunday Happenings ! November 22, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Happenings ! November 22, 2020

Happy Sunday happy peeps! Last week wasn't awful so here's hoping this week is great, too! And a bear meme in honor of our resident, much loved, Bear!
    bear meme.png
    Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Good morning! I've been patiently waiting lol, I'm a horrible early bird

Comment

• witch1
      witch1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good morning! BobW should be here soon...he's an early bird like us!

• krmertes
      krmertes commented
      Editing a comment
      I am an early bird as well, can't sleep in even if I want to!

• BobW
      BobW commented
      Editing a comment
      Not today! 😄

Title: Short Judgment and Decision-Making Study(~ 1 minutes) | PANDA
    Requester: Yang Gao [A28VO7DY408PBB] (Req TV): $12.08/hr/hr
    (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
    Description: A short study (1 min; only 1 very simple question; with possibility of winning a 30 cents bonus)
    Time: 30 minutes(s)
    HITs Available: 34
    Reward: $0.10
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [258019764-259290] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

Comment

Title: Web UI Comparison Study | PANDA
      Requester: Endor [ANER3VNU9AD0O] (Req TV): $25.32/hr/hr
      Description: -
      Time: 1 hour(s)
      HITs Available: 349
      Reward: $0.50
      Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• smartin
        smartin commented
        Editing a comment
        Super quick.

I'm super new to the forum (and OTTO) and I have done MTurk for awhile. I'm not very good at it though. I have a 1 requester I work for religiously and a few random pulls on panda I figure I should probably be a part of something (like a forum) and attempt to be a part of a community lol

Comment

• NoelC
        NoelC commented
        Editing a comment
        JHkerriokey if you don't mind my asking, who is the requester? I keep Ben Peterson and Vevo on panda, and I'm always looking out for Bright--Side

• Alexkr
        Alexkr commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome, I am new too. For now, I mostly lurk. I have been on mturk for over a year now. But I am not that technical. So I joined this forum so I could find out more about what I should do.

• mominavan
        mominavan commented
        Editing a comment
        We are so glad you have joined us JHkerriokey and Alexkr. I am not around as much as I used to be because of a new job, but I love my forum friends and no matter how little I work on mturk I still come here to check up on everyone.

Mornin peeps

Title: Experiment to test your perception - 30 minutes | Accept
      Requester: Yuri [AQ4AZYM77FQBR] Contact
      TV: [Hrly=$21.48] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Acceptable] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
      TO: [Pay=3.33] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=3.50] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=10] [ToS=0]
      TO2: [Hrly=7.18] [Pen=1.00] [Res=null] [Rec=33] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
      Reward: 5.00
      Duration: 6:00:00
      Available: 1
      Description: Choose which shape appeared in a sequence
      Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Comment

• cyvamp
        cyvamp commented
        Editing a comment
        it takes forever to load, but its passive. The hit itself was 25ish minutes and not hard, just repetetive

This was a great start to my day

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from John Medaglia for work related to 3RTFSSG7T8C62MA9HZJZEOQ7ON4WLF.
      The value of your bonus is: $40.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
      No comment provided by Requester.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Comment

• cyvamp
        cyvamp commented
        Editing a comment
        Bear I never do lol.

• Alexkr
        Alexkr commented
        Editing a comment
        That is awesome good for you.

• cyvamp
        cyvamp commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Alexkr

Title: Quick survey on your beverage preferences(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
      Requester: YCCI [A3RAU1TKHW84PN] (Req TV): $13.58/hr/hr
      Description: Quick survey on your beverage preferences
      Time: 30 minutes(s)
      HITs Available: 1
      Reward: $0.50
      Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

Comment

Originally posted by witch1 View Post
        I'm very, very introverted so it was hard at first for me to get comfortable, but, everyone here is so nice that they made it easy. What are your numbers like?
        Approved
        Approval Rate
        99.9570%

Comment

• cyvamp
          cyvamp commented
          Editing a comment
          Those are great numbers, you should be set to do most hits

• witch1
          witch1 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's amazing numbers!

• smartin
          smartin commented
          Editing a comment
          You have great numbers, I'm a bit jealous!

Thanks, it didn't happen over night though. I think I've been turking since like 2011.... a bunch of breaks in there and never for a full time income.

Comment

• smartin
          smartin commented
          Editing a comment
          You might have been turking longer, I've been turking since 2010 and am just now starting to creep up to 150K.

Title: Capture Images Using an Android Phone to Help Researchers Make Robots Smarter | PANDA
        Requester: Picture It MIT [A1JUYZKK4D6IHO] (Req TV): $27.16/hr/hr
        Description: This task involves using your Android smart phone to capture images of common objects such as a chair or a pencil. This will help MIT researchers make smarter robots that can help the elderly. It should take less than 10 minutes.
        Time: 2 hour(s)
        HITs Available: 52
        Reward: $2.00
        Qualifications: Number of HITs Completed DoesNotExist ;

Comment

I've become horribly picky though. I have bad habits or returning stuff I just don't FEEL like doing. I'm big on easy batches.... which as you've got to know aren't easy to come by and when they do come up they are gone in no time at all. However, my goals are low. Just paying down debt with turking and resale stuff.

Comment

• cyvamp
            cyvamp commented
            Editing a comment
            we have started having monthly challenges here, it has helped me be less picky. Some days I am more open to grinding than others

Does everyone here use OTTO? I started yesterday and honestly I'm still unsure I like it. When you change the requirements in the application you change it on the MTurk page. This means I can't look independently for .05 HITS without changing it every time I go to refresh the page. Any thoughts on that?

Comment

• Fisherman
            Fisherman commented
            Editing a comment
            Unfortunately, there's no way around that issue. Otto searches in exactly the same fashion as you would manually. This avoids any issues that might cause trouble with mTurk and is why nobody has ever had problems with their mTurk account because of Otto.

I would suggest using a scraper like Hit Forker to separately search for low paying Hits....but of course that brings us to the topic of keeping your page request rate down...

• NoelC
            NoelC commented
            Editing a comment
            If your computer can handle it, I run OTTO on Google Chrome and pick through hits on Firefox

• smartin
            smartin commented
            Editing a comment
            I run forker to look for batches and lower paying hits.

Goodly morning!

Comment

I did at some point, but not currently. I had to keep changing the settings and I guess I just got tired of doing that because?.... I just run a few Panda's now. Thanks for the info though. That makes more sense. I'm not too fond of surveys so maybe OTTO is not for me either

Comment

• Fisherman
              Fisherman commented
              Editing a comment
              Otto will change the way you work. If you're open to that, you can make more from it. The beauty of Otto is in the fact that he's looking for Hits WHILE you're doing other Hits, while you're away from the desk, etc. It frees you from staring at the screen all day.
          Working...
          X