banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Poll Concerning Latest Events Concerning TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll Concerning Latest Events Concerning TV

How do you feel about the effects the recent changes to TV (TurkerView) have had on your work ? Is it causing more trouble ?
    No, I'm loving it.
    22.22%
    Yes, I hate it with a passion
    22.22%
    I remain on the fence even though that rusty nail tore my pants
    33.33%
    Huh...What's TV ?
    22.22%

I have to say none of the above. I turn it off in Suite and the only thing that bothers me is I can't turn it off in Hit Forker, but that has been like that for a while.

Comment

I have to tell you. One awesome thing that's just about pulled me off the fence is the red caution flags on a HIT page. I just now looked at a 30 cent HIT that I would normally have accepted and it had 18 flags that said it had an unannounced screener and writing on top of that. Saved me the trouble of having to throw it back.

Comment

• Turking2Long
        Turking2Long commented
        Editing a comment
        That is why I like it too.

I've been using it alot since API key and i say I like it here's why:
      -Unlike TO it loads real time in hitforker everytime, other scrapers like MTS (hourly amount)
      -Gives a more up to date accurate account on what a requester is paying/doing at the moment than TO
      -Everythings much quicker than TO, no time out errors etc
      -Surveys will tell you there's a problem before, a screener, writing, download, etc once you preview or accept the hit, so you dont have to start the survey and get half through and screenout
      -reviews are built into amazon mturk so you dont have to go to 3rd party URL like TO and wait forever for it load, then wait forever for it to submit.
      -hit page has built in timer that you can pause when taking break to accuratly tell you hourly rather than TOs which doesnt give any accurate indicator of how long survey will take.
      -You can click on hourly in hitforker/scrapper and go straight to the reviews/ratings of that requester
      -Even if you dont pay monthly fee, you get everything except hitforker/scraper realtime hourly. You can still submit reviews through amazon mturk & look at others reviews and still get hourly rate that would be in hitforker from the site itself.

TLDR If you use TO its much better IMO, it gives a rolling account of what a requester is paying doing NOW rather than overall (requesters adapt), main point is it LOADS EVERYTIME. You still get everything for FREE unless you want scrapper updated with realtime hourly rate, I've worked less hours for same pay after using TV w/ api (yes im anal enough to keep track)
      Last edited by PatrickBatman; 02-08-2019, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Also people "hating it with a passion" have you given it a fair shake? Or do you just see oh i have to pay i hate it? because its all free, unless you want your scrapper to update hourly realtime, TO doesnt even load in most scrappers to begin with.

Comment

• Turking2Long
          Turking2Long commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm thinking most that hate it have not tried it or we would see some legit reasons why they hate it. Anything that saves me time is a good thing

I like it. The red flags have saved me a ton of time. I like knowing ahead of time if its a hit that rquires just too much for the money, requires writing, has broken links etc. I move on to the next hit and save myself the time. Wasted time is money when you are working.

Comment

I like it. I love that I can submit a review when I'm returning. I also like that it keeps up with hits I've done so I can easily submit a review.
          Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

Working...
          X