banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

On This Day....February 28, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On This Day....February 28, 2019

Morning!

1849 1st boat load of gold rush prospectors arrives in San Francisco from east coast
    1939 The erroneous word "Dord" is discovered in the Webster's New International Dictionary, Second Edition, prompting an investigation.
    1951 8th Golden Globes: "Sunset Boulevard", Jose Ferrer, & Gloria Swanson win
    1961 JFK names Henry Kissinger special advisor
    1970 Bicycles permitted to cross Golden Gate Bridge
    1982 AT&T looses a record $7 BILLION for the fiscal year ending on this day
    1983 Final TV episode of "M*A*S*H" airs (CBS); record 125 million watch in the US
    1997 FBI agent Earl Pitts pleads guilty to selling secrets to Russia
    2016 36th Razzies Awards: "Fifty Shades of Grey" wins worst film, worst actor and actress
    Last edited by JMo9597; 02-28-2019, 12:54 PM.

Title: Survey about your opinions and feelings(~ 9 minutes) | Accept
    Requester: Ask Crowd [A2J1NCRXSHFBCP] Contact
    TO: [Pay=3.81] [Fast=4.91] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=21] [ToS=1]
    TO2: [Hrly=7.50] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
    Reward: 1.50
    Duration: 1:30:00
    Available: 1
    Description: Takes less than 10 minutes to complete.
    Qualifications: Inc: [19-131129] Exists ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

Comment

Title: Construct What-ifs from a science paragraph | Accept
      Requester: Aristo [A3D5Y7P08H10BD] Contact
      TO: [Pay=3.86] [Fast=4.85] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=16] [ToS=0]
      TO2: [Hrly=17.14] [Pen=1.63] [Res=null] [Rec=100] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
      Reward: 1.50
      Duration: 1:00:00
      Available: 3
      Description: With your thoughtful answers, we will start teaching computers to deeply understand and analyze situations like humans.
      Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US

Comment

https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3G...to_accept=true

Programs Research
        Learning preference survey(~ 15 minutes)
        under 12 minutes for me.
        It was okay. Good for the money. No writing. It is one of those hits where you need no code.

Comment

• librarian50
          librarian50 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine approved right away! Love that!

Title: Learning preference survey(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
        Requester: Programs Research [ADMULKL5W8XQL] (Contact)
        TV: [Hrly: 31.08] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
        TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
        TO2: [Hrly: 16.875] [Pen: 0.00 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
        Reward: 2.25
        Duration: 30 days
        Available: 54
        Description: This survey will ask about your learning preferences and how you use various forms of media.
        Qualifications: Exc: [132071-131482] DoesNotExist; Inc: [19-131482] Exists; Location In US

Comment

Title: Study on Pop Culture Events(~ 30 minutes) | PANDA
          Requester: Lauren Ortosky [AP2VTUHW2MOQJ] (Contact)
          TV: [Hrly: 25.99] [Pay: 4.81] [Fast: 4.67] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
          TO: [Pay: 3.86] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 9] [ToS: 0]
          TO2: [Hrly: 13.521] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
          Reward: 3.00
          Duration: 1 hour
          Available: 34
          Description: Short study and game about pop culture
          Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Masters Exists; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85; TP Panel: -1291465433 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

Comment

https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3O...?ref=w_pl_prvw
            Ana Jofre
            Tag cropped faces
            $2.25
            Masters
            Got message--page requests are at capacity. Try again later.

Comment

https://worker.mturk.com/projects/30...to_accept=true
              vsts datasets
              Rate the Degree of Similarity Between Paired Sentence Length Text Snippets
              $1.00
              Masters

Comment

Morning all

Here's an update on that "Quiz!" HIT that I had to return yesterday from Ecco Lab. They made good on the time I put into it so if you see it, it's safe to try it even if there is still a risk that it'll break on you.

First of all, thank you so much for persisting with our experiment and taking time to give feedback over what went wrong. We are really sorry that you experienced this. This experiment is in the early days and we are deeply sorry that it caused this problem for you (and many others!).

We can reassure you that we will be reimbursing you and the other participants in full as soon as we are able (within the next 48 hours). We will do this by sending you a link to a new HIT which will automatically reimburse you the $10 for your time on this failed HIT.

We will also allow you to take part in the same experiment again, as soon as we have fixed it!

Thank you for your patience, I apologise that there is a slight delay due to the time difference between our lab in the UK and the Ecco Lab in Arizona, thus it is difficult for us to fix these problems efficiently for everyone.

Sincere apologies again,

Charlotte
                (Cultural Evolution Lab)

Comment

• Buffy4711
                  Buffy4711 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's great!!

I have had two broken time-wasters this past month that not only did the requester ignore my repeated polite messages, in one case the IRB is ignoring my messages.

Good morning everyone!

Quick:

Title: Decision-Making Study(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
                Requester: Fun Behavioral Pollster [A1QR9OJZTV7MZJ] (Contact)
                TV: [Hrly: $15.34] [Pay: 4.16] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
                TO: [Pay: 3.72] [Fast: 4.45] [Comm: 3.00] [Fair: 4.69] [Reviews: 74] [ToS: 2]
                TO2: [Hrly: $10.80] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
                Reward: $0.25
                Duration: 30 days
                Available: 1
                Description: In this HIT you will be asked about a hypothetical purchase. Takes about 2 minutes and will pay $.25 for participation.
                Requirements: Exc: [131960-131526] DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US

Comment

Good Morning Everyone...Since I was out most of the day yesterday, I'll be having a regular, plain-old turking day today. Hope we all have a profitable one.

Comment

Today I'm starting a new push to get everyone that does not have an avatar to choose one. It makes the site more inviting to guests, makes it easier to everyone to know who they're talking to at a glance, and just, in general, makes this a more "at home" place.

If you are a member here who has not yet chosen an avatar, please take a minute to do so. I'd greatly appreciate that.

Comment

Good morning! For the second day in a row, I started my coffee before I put my cup under it

but this sure brightens my morning.

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from feele.exeter.lab for work related to 3D17ECOUOG7ME6IV0PKQGYTAMM631Q.
                      The value of your bonus is: $5.35 USD

The Requester included this note:
                      bonus payment from two part FEELE experiment

Comment

Good Morning my fine~feathered~fellow~Turkish friends!!

Haven't had too much time to turk lately. Mom isn't doing too well and we had a meeting at the nursing home about getting Hospice. It's been a difficult road for me these past few months and I am grateful she hasn't forgotten me and we are still able to have "our" talks. I wouldn't wish Dementia on my worst enemy. Please pray for the both of us.

Comment

• CrazyCatLady
                          CrazyCatLady commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I’m so sorry, dementia is the worst. I’m starting to see signs in my dad now, I wish it wasn’t so.

• Curbie
                          Curbie commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm sorry You'll both be in my prayers.

• smartin
                          smartin commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sorry you have to go through this angela168renee I will be sending you hugs, prayers, and strength your way. I have never had to deal with Dementia first hand but I believe it is coming as my grandmother is starting to show signs occasionally. My mom doesn't have the patience for it, which makes me even more grateful I am able to step in and help. Cherish every moment you can as hard as it is. I'm glad she hasn't forgotten you. You are an amazing person.

Good morning Turkadelics!

Woke up to a rejection. Logan Strauss - Answer a survey about eSports - Survey code entered was incorrect << BS

Comment

• Bear
                          Bear commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I was after I saw that rejection. I could get over 2000 before it would really affect me but they still piss me off.

• Sweetheart
                          Sweetheart commented
                          Editing a comment
                          He sent me the same rejection!!!! Total BS, I entered the right code on that HIT. I emailed but doubt he will respond.

• ameagari
                          ameagari commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If possible, message the university department he's working through. Google his name and the type of research it is. You can often find some avenue to go above a requester's head.
                      Working...
                      X