banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Left-Handers Day Hits...:TuesdayAugust 13, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left-Handers Day Hits...:TuesdayAugust 13, 2019

Only 10% of the people in the world are left-handed. (I'm one of them.) Tools are made for right handed people. One of the worst items is a manual can opener. Try opening a can the opposite way that you do it. Craft instructions are for right handed people. When I learned to knit, I had to turn the instruction book upside down. Good morning all.

Happy Tuesday!

Originally posted by Carolyn View Post
    Only 10% of the people in the world are left-handed. (I'm one of them.) Tools are made for right handed people. One of the worst items is a manual can opener. Try opening a can the opposite way that you do it. Craft instructions are for right handed people. When I learned to knit, I had to turn the instruction book upside down. Good morning all.
    I'm right handed, but my family has told me my whole life that I use a can opener backwards. I'm not even sure which way is right anymore because I tried to do it the other way, and now I just do it whichever way feels easiest. I do several things left handed though. I play pool left handed, if I'm driving one handed, it's my left hand. I open bottles and jars left handed. But I absolutely cannot write left handed.
    My 12 year old is left handed.

Comment

I'm left handed too! "Connections between the right and left sides of the brain are faster in left-handed people, which suggests that left-handers are more efficient multitaskers." Good for Turking!

For more interesting facts: https://www.factretriever.com/left-handedness-facts

Comment

https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3X...to_accept=true
        Emily Upton
        Experiment: Picture naming (~40 minutes)
        $4.00
        age 55+

Comment

Some people really take advantage of requesters, I have been working on a batch of MLData's and you have to answer questions about pictures of homes. I bet I have done 30 this morning where the person just asks ....what is this. The task is to find something in the set of images, ask a question and see if the other person can answer. A question like, what is hanging above the fireplace. There is no way to answer that question

Comment

• ZeldaFoot
            ZeldaFoot commented
            Editing a comment
            This is really bugging me. I just noticed the batch of these ask and answer hits up and got ticked all over again. It never even occurred to me to enter random, nonsensical questions. People like that are the ones affecting my earnings by scaring requesters off mturk and forcing ridiculous quals.

• cyvamp
            cyvamp commented
            Editing a comment
            ZeldaFoot you're seeing it as well I take it...that and I have even seen random characters like %$7%1

• mominavan
            mominavan commented
            Editing a comment
            I read somewhere that they are having a bot problem and are supposed to start having multiple people check these. I hope they change something for the good though. I have enjoyed doing these, but it irritates me also when I come across one of these.

Good morning!

I am right pawed.

Comment

Title: Academic Study: Death Exposure in the Workplace | PANDA
            Requester: Denisa Luta [A13VS7F4GGL0UR] (Req TV): $29.31/hr/hr
            (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
            Description: 2 part study examining how exposure to injury and death in the workplace affects people's attitudes, feelings and behaviours. Part 1 (~30 minutes). This research study has been granted ethics approval from the. University of Guelph REB#19-06-013.
            Time: 30 minutes(s)
            HITs Available: 1
            Reward: $4.00
            Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95;

Comment

Title: Survey on consumer experience | Accept
              Requester: srmhellosnow HE [A3BF488GH9XCFO] Contact
              TV: [Hrly=$4.10] [Pay=Underpaid] [Approval=2 weeks+] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
              TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=3.91] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=3.73] [Reviews=19] [ToS=1]
              TO2: No Reviews
              Reward: 1.00
              Duration: 20:00
              Available: 1
              Description: We are interested in investigating consumer experiences in their life.
              Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US

Comment

Fisherman

Title: Take photos of your feet! | PANDA
                Requester: Kari Koivisto [A3VFF8DMZZSAPH] (Req TV): $-/hr
                Description: Take 54 photos of your feet at different angles, rename them, upload them. That's it. See guidelines for detailed instructions.
                Time: 45 minutes(s)
                HITs Available: 4
                Reward: $6.00
                Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 85; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50;

Comment

• ZeldaFoot
                  ZeldaFoot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don't the non-Masters ones usually pay $15?

• Bear
                  Bear commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ZeldaFoot, yes I think your are right.

• Fisherman
                  Fisherman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, and it's a different requester...not sure why anyone would need Masters Qual for this sort of thing...people's thinking confuses me sometimes.

Title: Make judgments about English sentences | PANDA
                Requester: UMD Linguistics Research Group [A2DK3VTMC9CF32] (Req TV): $19.33/hr/hr
                Description: Quick 20-25-minute task: read sentences and judge whether they are acceptable, natural sentences of English.
                Time: 1 hour(s)
                Reward: $4.00
                Qualifications: Age Qualification GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1Take Test; Test for native proficiency in American English, v2.0 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 7Take Test; Lime NH HIT DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

I did the 80 cent version earlier.

Title: Survey about dreams | PANDA
                  Requester: Edyta Bogucka [A1LLFZ667GNW14] (Req TV): $13.49/hr/hr
                  Description: Would you like to know how your real life is reflected in dreams? Answer our survey about attitudes towards dreams and explore the interactive visualization
                  Time: 5 hour(s)
                  Reward: $0.75
                  Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95;

Comment

Good Morning Guys and Dolls, I am a righty but I shoot left handed so not sure what that means for my brain.

Comment

• bromeliad
                      bromeliad commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Perhaps you are left eye dominant.

• Kizzy
                      Kizzy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maybe no idea it just always felt more comfortable for me to do it that way

I would love to see a huge batch of these today.

Title: Classify a radio fragment about gun control | PANDA
                    Requester: Clara [A2I2PMFBD2UL3J] (Req TV): $14.29/hr/hr
                    Description: Listen to a snippet of talk radio and code its view on gun control
                    Time: 1 hour(s)
                    HITs Available: 13
                    Reward: $0.14
                    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 80; Location EqualTo US; Qualified to code climate audio Exists ;

Comment

• cyvamp
                      cyvamp commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Bear , keep the panda going, I just got back from shopping and I am catching 5 or 6 at a time

Title: 60 minute reading study | PANDA
                    Requester: Nate Kornell (Williams) [A35DIGMQ3QH5NW] (Req TV): $13.49/hr/hr
                    Description: You will read two passages and take a test on each one
                    Time: 5 hour(s)
                    Reward: $6.00
                    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Hi everyone! My daughter is a lefty. I found it interesting that it was obvious from the day she started reaching for toys but no one believed us until she was 3 or 4. Interestingly, my grandad was born left handed but grew up in a time where that was “bad” and literally had it beaten out of him. The only thing he did left handed as an adult was shave.

Comment

• Nostalgic
                        Nostalgic commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Awe, what happened to your grandad sounds just like what happened to one of my cousins when he was little. He was forced to write right handed, even though he was left handed.

• CrazyCatLady
                        CrazyCatLady commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nostalgic - It's crazy, isn't it? I didn't even know he was originally left handed because I never watched him shave. My dad only told me after my daughter was born!
                    Working...
                    X