banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Some Really Weird Stuff Going On Friday, August 23, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Really Weird Stuff Going On Friday, August 23, 2019

Okay, well...as most of us know, Amazon Payments (AP) is messed up in a bad way. Many of us had trouble transferring money yesterday...and at the end of the day...many of us had a negative balance (some of us a big one) in our Amazon Payments account. Here's what's happened to me so far:

Yesterday Morning I transferred $22.60 from AP to my bank account. It errored several times and then finally went through a few hours later. By nightfall, my AP account showed a $45.20 balance. This morning, the $22.60 went into my bank account just as it should have, and it went in an additional 2 times. Those additional two times add up to...guess what...$45.20.

It appears, at closer inspection, that each time I tried to transfer, and got the error...it sent the money anyway.

The question is...what's going on here ? What's Amazon going to do now ? Did some of you get thousands of dollars of "extra" deposited into your banks ?

I strongly caution everyone not to make another transfer at this time.

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

Okay, well...as most of us know, Amazon Payments is messed up in a bad way. Many of us had trouble transferring money yesterday...and at the end of the day...many of us had a negative balance (some of us a big one) in our Amazon Payments account. Here's what's happened to me so far:

Yesterday Morning I transferred $22.60 from AP to my bank account. It errored several times and then finally went through a few hours later. By nightfall, my AP account showed a $45.20 balance. This morning, the $22.60 went into my bank account just as it should have, and it went in an additional 2 times. Those additional two times add up to...guess what...$45.20.

The question is...what's going on here ? What's Amazon going to do now ? Did some of you get thousands of dollars of "extra" deposited into your banks ?
    I haven't dared attempt any withdrawls, that sounds like a pain in the butt

Comment

• Kizzy
      Kizzy commented
      Editing a comment
      I've got a negative balance as well, not sure what Amazon is going to do to fix this mess. The money I moved into my account yesterday says it transfer to Amazon but it doesn't show up anywhere.

• PatrickBatman
      PatrickBatman commented
      Editing a comment
      The last time I withdrew was on the 18th and it was fine. got lucky. because sometimes i wait till around this time of the month.

• Tanin
      Tanin commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't hear about this, and had a payment process at 7pm. Time stamp in my bank was 6:52am. I guess I was lucky.

My initial withdrawal was 203.20 which kept failing about 6 times. I looked at AP and my balance was $-1219.20. A few hours later, all of my attempted withdrawals were deposited into my bank account. I don't know how this is going to be fixed but it's frustrating because I have bills to pay but I'm afraid to even spend anything at all in my account.

Comment

https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3D...to_accept=true
      Arani Roy
      An interesting survey on e-commerce browsing and shopping behavior(~ 10 minutes)
      $1.30

Comment

Good morning!

I haven't tried any withdrawals and I don't think I will until it is straightened out. Sounds like a crazy mess.

Comment

• Fisherman
          Fisherman commented
          Editing a comment
          My question is : Will we "know" when it is straightened out ?

• Bear
          Bear commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess when Amazon tells us. Fat chance of that happening. Probably when some brave soul tries it and says it worked.

• smartin
          smartin commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I will be transferring money to AP probably tomorrow so I can withdraw Sunday and have money on Monday, so we will see where that goes, I will make sure to let everyone know.

What a mess with the money transfer. What is Amazon going to do now? Can they get money back from your bank? I hope not without your authorization. They will do something stupid like empty your account.

Comment

• Fisherman
          Fisherman commented
          Editing a comment
          That's another one of my concerns.

• smartin
          smartin commented
          Editing a comment
          I have been thinking about that all night. I think that they can technically without your authorization take back out the money that they accidentally over deposited, or they will have to just go good faith and give you x amount of time to put that money back into you AP account prior to them taking legal action. I guess maybe someone should read their legal stuff today if time allots to see if there is anything in those articles regarding something of this nature.

Title: Survey about sleep solutions for young children | Accept
        Requester: Linda Beijens [AJ62LUT2WZZ8E] Contact
        TV: No Reviews
        TO: No Reviews
        TO2: No Reviews
        Reward: 2.50
        Duration: 4:00:00
        Available: 1
        Description: 15 minute survey about sleep solutions for young children that resist going to bed or have difficulty getting back to sleep at night
        Qualifications: Parenthood Status EqualTo 1; Location EqualTo US

Comment

Saw this on Reddit from 13 hours ago about the payments issue. "the rep said that the technical coding team has repaired the issue. However, it will still (in most cases) take 24-48 for "pending" withdrawals (aka failed ones) to complete."

Comment

Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | PANDA
            Requester: Aristeidis Theotokis [A1B1VTDU0OHSSG] (Req TV): $13.79/hr/hr
            (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
            Description: A 9-minutes survey
            Time: 30 minutes(s)
            HITs Available: 1
            Reward: $1.00
            Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• Bear
              Bear commented
              Editing a comment
              4:30 minutes

multiple of these up, pretty easy

​​​​​​
            Title: Can you read this map fast?Looking for people who like to read map! | PANDA
            Requester: Maps Research [AEWUUD3H2V6Q4] (Req TV): $14.64/hr/hr
            (TO): [Pay: 2.67] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00]
            Description: -
            Time: 5 minutes(s)
            HITs Available: 148
            Reward: $0.20
            Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90;

​​​​​​
            Title: Do you have a good memory? Can you remember this map? | PANDA
            Time: 5 minutes(s)
            HITs Available: 3
            Reward: $0.20
            Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90;

​​​​​​
            Title: Do you know something about maps? If so, help us out! | PANDA
            Time: 8 minutes(s)
            Reward: $0.25

Comment

Title: Data Submission for Active Hearthstone Players | PANDA
              Requester: Elijah Yap [A3BRD9HVWLT44N] (Req TV): $-/hr
              Description: Install Hearthstone Deck Tracker and a plugin, leave them running while playing 100 Ranked Hearthstone games
              Time: 216 hour(s)
              Reward: $5.00
              Qualifications: None;

Comment

Good morning everyone and Happy Friday!

A bit under 3 min. for me:

Title: Answer 3 questions about games | Accept
                Requester: XLabRequester [A1DFSLOMW5950K] Contact
                TV: [Hrly=$12.87] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
                TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
                TO2: No Reviews
                Reward: 0.40
                Duration: 30:00
                Available: 7
                Description: Fun easy 8 minute study for money
                Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

Comment

Title: 20-minute academic survey with $2 completion award and the chance to earn additional payment.(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
                  Requester: Labor Experiment20 [A1F9YCOYH0B6A4] (Req TV): $21.61/hr/hr
                  Description: This HIT is for a research study. You will receive a guaranteed payment of $2 upon completion and have the chance to earn additional payment that will equal anywhere from $0 to $1. This study asks you to make a series of decisions. These decisions may impact your additional payment.
                  Time: 1 hour(s) 40 minutes(s)
                  Reward: $2.00
                  Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [159838015-166737] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 96; Location In US;

Comment

Title: survey about your past experiences (20 min) | PANDA
                    Requester: Francesca Gino [A2V4OCAP4XYFG9] (Req TV): $24.53/hr/hr
                    Description: This survey asks you questions about your experience collaborating with others
                    Time: 2 hour(s)
                    Reward: $4.00
                    Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Happy Friday Turkers! Hoping all well with Amazon Payments / bank transfer's as there are complications at the moment. Please be careful and stay alert.

Comment

Working...
                      X