banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

A Really Half Hearted Explanation Monday August 26, 2019

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Really Half Hearted Explanation Monday August 26, 2019

I awoke to this email this morning from Amazon Payments

Hello,

We’re writing to let you know that there was an issue that impacted your ability to transfer funds from your Amazon Payments account to your bank account from August 21 through August 22.

If you attempted to transfer funds during this period, they were delayed by 1-2 days. If you attempted the same transfer more than once, it may have been duplicated, resulting in an incorrect balance in your Amazon Payments account.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by these transfer issues. In this case, any duplicate transfers made as a result of this issue will not be reversed and those funds will remain in your bank account.

We’re working hard to fix the incorrect Amazon Payments balance for all impacted Customers. This process may take a few days, we appreciate your continued patience. We’ll follow up again once the incorrect Amazon Payments balance issue is resolved.

Should you have any questions or need additional support, please contact us at
    https://pay.amazon.com/contact.

Sincerely,

The Amazon Payments Team

So, this explanation makes it seem that they're giving you "funds (that will) will remain in your bank account" but that's not it at all. Here's how I think it really is:

If this happened to you...you'll have a corresponding negative balance in your AP account that you'll have to rectify one way or another. Your balance will remain negative and you won't be able to transfer anything to your bank account until it is rectified.

Now, as to the idea that they might fix the balance issue...okay...maybe...but that would create a new problem. Let's say that I ended up with Amazon "giving" me $45...and the next person ended up with a few thousand just because they clicked the button several more times...then I'd be mad because they were paid more for making a larger mistake ? Under this circumstance, I'd want everyone credited for the amount of whomever got the largest payout in the system by mistake...just to be fair.

I'm not impressed by Amazon's "apology", or "generosity"...but this is the game we're playing...

And...it's National Dog Day..

National Dog Day celebrates all breeds, pure and mixed and serves to help galvanize the public to recognize the number of dogs that need to be rescued each year, either from public shelters, rescues and pure breed rescues. National Dog Day honors family dogs and dogs that work selflessly to save lives, keep us safe and bring comfort. Dogs put their lives on the line every day - for their law enforcement partner, for their blind companion, for the disabled, for our freedom and safety by detecting bombs and drugs and pulling victims of tragedy from wreckage.
    Names have been drawn for the Our Hit Stop Gift Exchange. Don't forget to send a gift by December 21!.

Comment

• ZeldaFoot
      ZeldaFoot commented
      Editing a comment
      Fisherman I guess we made the DHT at the same time. Did you move this? I went to delete it and it was already gone!

• Fisherman
      Fisherman commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah I moved it for you, I don't like to see anyone's work go to waste.

So you can keep the duplicate deposits in your bank account, but they're working to "fix" the Amazon Payments balance? I don't buy it. Individual people got $1000 or more in the duplicate deposits. Amazon isn't going to fork out all that money because they messed up somewhere.
    I see it being more like an advance on your paycheck.
    Names have been drawn for the Our Hit Stop Gift Exchange. Don't forget to send a gift by December 21!.

Comment

• angelstep07
      angelstep07 commented
      Editing a comment
      The highest I saw was $3,600 so I don't see them fixing the negative balance either. I think we have to pay it back. I'm gonna hold off on transferring from MTurk to Amazon Payments until Friday just to see what happens.

• Kizzy
      Kizzy commented
      Editing a comment
      I see it the same we will have to fix our negative balance before our account will be in good standing. I don't see why they just didn't say that

Good morning!

Happy International Dog Day to all the good boys and good girls.

Comment

Title: Testing Exp. KQ Ed.Edition | PANDA
      Requester: Helga Wild [A2SARUXSQKY6QC] (Req TV): $13.11/hr/hr
      (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
      Description: Read the situations and select the response you are most likely to take
      Time: 6 minutes(s)
      HITs Available: 1
      Reward: $1.00
      Qualifications: None;

Comment

• Bear
        Bear commented
        Editing a comment
        6 minute timer is too short

Title: 3-9 minutes survey about your opinions | PANDA
      Requester: Clemson PRiSM Lab [A1P629K1LVWB5Z] (Req TV): $11.34/hr/hr
      (TO): [Pay: 3.75] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
      Description: You are invited for a research study that will usually take less than 9 minutes.
      Time: 2 hour(s)
      Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Scientific study with high bonus(~ 45 minutes) | PANDA
        Requester: Magnus Strobel [AVEQSR3XJDY2R] (Req TV): $20.50/hr/hr
        Description: This is a scientific study with a fixed compensation + high bonus
        Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
        HITs Available: 11
        Reward: $2.00
        Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Masters Exists ; Exc: [163896679-166986] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US;

Comment

• cyvamp
          cyvamp commented
          Editing a comment
          kate, its a lot, but if the bonus pays, then it would be worth it. Looking at the TV, I have not seen a full bonus as of yet...I stand corrected, there is a confirmed 8.00 bonus
          Last edited by cyvamp; 08-26-2019, 10:15 AM.

• kate
          kate commented
          Editing a comment
          I should have had another cup of tea. I think I clicked the wrong donation button at the end. Habitat for Humanity might be getting my bonus.

• cyvamp
          cyvamp commented
          Editing a comment
          kate, oh NO! I thought that was crap of them anyway, there was no option to not choose a charity from the list, only not to donate to it

Title: Picture ratings | PANDA
        Requester: Emotion Lab [A2CIWXH330L61Y] (Req TV): $17.03/hr/hr
        Description: Help provide ratings of pictures we might use in future studies
        Reward: $5.00
        Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• smartin
          smartin commented
          Editing a comment
          Not as terrible as I was expecting for how easily I caught that.

Title: Clean Up How-To Questions | PANDA
        Requester: Content Research [A23UQ2KZH7FOZG] (Contact)
        TV: No Reviews
        TO: [Pay: 3.33] [Fast: 4.07] [Comm: 4.33] [Fair: 4.92] [Reviews: 20] [ToS: 0]
        TO2: No Reviews
        Reward: $0.05
        Duration: 20 days
        Available: 2835
        Description: View a short question asked by a reader of an online how-to guide,
        and rewrite it to be clear, concise, and free from spelling and grammar errors.
        Requirements: Question Editor Exists

Comment

Title: Critique graphic designs | PANDA
          Requester: Fritz Lekschas [APNHC68KKKJSV] (Req TV): $26.36/hr/hr
          Description: Provide feedback on the graphic design of 4 event flyers
          Time: 1 hour(s)
          Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Making Predictions | PANDA
            Requester: Lab919.UNSW [AGGMIXCTGZGW] (Req TV): N/A
            (TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00]
            Description: This task involves making predictions and judgments about foods and outcomes. We are interested in how and what you learn.
            Time: 1 hour(s)
            Reward: $2.50
            Qualifications: allergistCI DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95;

Comment

Title: Memorize the colors of objects! (Psychology Experiment, 50 min) | PANDA
              Requester: Cognitive Control [A3U2GAVNJBSKL3] (Req TV): $11.30/hr/hr
              Description: Research study involving color memory. Earn between $5 to $9. Must be 18-45 years old.
              Time: 3 hour(s)
              HITs Available: 4
              Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 750; Past_RIF_Worker DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: 10 minute survey ($1 reward)(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
                Requester: MPM Lab [A1J6SU6ZXAXNU1] (Req TV): $13.13/hr/hr
                Description: 10 minute survey ($1 reward)
                Time: 45 minutes(s)
                HITs Available: 34
                Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

Comment

• Bear
                  Bear commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Anyone else not get a code?

• bromeliad
                  bromeliad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No code.

Good morning Folks, Happy Monday!

Comment

Title: Face Recognition Experiment | PANDA
                  Requester: Perception lab [A2ANE57KZIJGW6] (Req TV): $12.06/hr/hr
                  Description: You will first be familiarized with two faces. Then, in each trial of the experiment, you will see a face and will be asked whose face is it.
                  Reward: $7.00
                  Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Working...
                  X