banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

On This Day, September 10th, 2019

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On This Day, September 10th, 2019

• 1776 George Washington asks for a spy volunteer, Nathan Hale volunteers
    • 1846 Elias Howe takes out a US patent for a lockstitch sewing machine
    • 1924 Leopold and Loeb found guilty of the murder of Robert Franks in Chicago in the "the crime of the century"
    • 1977 Hamida Djandoubi, convicted of torture and murder, is the last person to be executed by Guillotine in France
    • 2008 The Large Hadron Collider at CERN, described as the biggest scientific experiment in the history of mankind is powered up in Geneva, Switzerland
    Names have been drawn for the Our Hit Stop Gift Exchange. Don't forget to send a gift by December 21!.

Title: Small usability task & feedback on a website/app prototype. (~8 minute) | PANDA
    Requester: Maze [A1D8RNWK41HDVE] (Req TV): $19.44/hr/hr
    (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
    Description: You will see small screenshots from an app or a website and you have small challenges to execute. Earn ~$0.20 per minute
    Time: 1 hour(s) 20 minutes(s)
    HITs Available: 2
    Reward: $1.00
    Qualifications: maze_age_12 LessThanOrEqualTo 5083Take Test; maze_age_12 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1003Take Test;
    Names have been drawn for the Our Hit Stop Gift Exchange. Don't forget to send a gift by December 21!.

Comment

Sometimes when I click the tabs for forker or overwatch, they reload. Which means I lose the list of everything that popped up. It's really frustrating. Can someone tell me why they do that and how to make it stop?

Comment

• Giskard
        Giskard commented
        Editing a comment
        Is it a low memory problem? Chrome manages memory by discarding and reloading tabs that aren't in focus when you've got high RAM usage. There used to be flag that you could disable to stop it but they removed that in one of the recent updates. This extension is supposed to replace that functionality but I've never used it so I don't know how well it works.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...polmhimnoliiok

Assuming that's the problem, of course.

• ZeldaFoot
        ZeldaFoot commented
        Editing a comment
        Giskard, it very well could be. I don't think this computer has a whole lot of RAM. Thank you.

Good Morning Everyone...vBulletin informs me that we'll have a maintenance today at some point. They say around 10am pacific, but are frequently off with their times. So, be prepared, and reassured if we have any outage...it's nothing to worry about.

Additionally, you can always get in touch with me, even during an outage, at [email protected] ...and it might be a great time to take a look around on our sister site which is also hosted separately www.ourhitstop.net

Comment

• Valley
        Valley commented
        Editing a comment
        Morning Fisherman, just fyi when I go to www.ourhitstop.net on my iPad it doesn't seem to fit. It looks great on my laptop!

• Fisherman
        Fisherman commented
        Editing a comment
        Valley yep, it's not mobile friendly yet...I didn't make that a priority since our data shows that less than 1% of traffic comes from mobile viewers.

• Fisherman
        Fisherman commented
        Editing a comment
        sarahsugar thank you

Good morning!

Comment

Title: A 60-minute survey about your experiences YESTERDAY | PANDA
        Requester: swbresearch [A2WAIGFL487P0E] (Req TV): $26.16/hr/hr
        Description: List the events you experienced YESTERDAY and tell us how you felt about them
        Time: 3 hour(s)
        HITs Available: 1
        Reward: $8.20
        Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

This took me about 15 minutes

​​​​​​
          Title: Evaluating the gesticulation quality for a virtual avatar | PANDA
          Requester: Taras [AOELIFTCJV836] (Req TV): $-/hr
          Description: The presented video samples in this experiment contain a virtual character. Your task is to estimate the quality of the gestures that are presented to you. It will require listening to the audio
          Time: 35 minutes(s)
          HITs Available: 10
          Reward: $3.00
          Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location In AUCAGBUS; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98;

I also actually qualified for my 1st soundingbox

Title: User Test, Requires Mic, Windows or Mac, f50db77d | PANDA
          Requester: SoundingBox (Change Sciences Group) [A1DIWKR9NEY82N] (Req TV): $19.84/hr/hr
          Description: Perform a user test on a website. It's fun and your opinion matters! Microphone required.
          Time: 2 hour(s)
          Reward: $7.00
          Qualifications: Study Group Exclusion - 2072ae0e-cabb-4373-8f80-727b7f035b27 DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US;

Comment

• ameagari
            ameagari commented
            Editing a comment
            I qualified for a sounding box once. It was the first time I had noticed them. And I never did again. tease.

Inquisit, less than 7 min
          Title: Person Perception(~ 7 minutes) | PANDA
          Requester: Franziska Saxler [A1J0X9DK1DXA3K] (Req TV): $11.37/hr/hr
          (TO): [Pay: 4.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
          Description: How do people evaluate different people?
          Time: 30 minutes(s)
          Reward: $0.70
          Qualifications: Exc: [170065-169476] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US;

Comment

Good morning, everyone!

Comment

Title: Economic Decision Making ~ $1.00 plus up to $2.70 in bonus ~ 20 min | PANDA
              Requester: ML Purdue University [AKF9LERYWMPAV] (Req TV): $21.38/hr/hr
              Description: This is a research study. Its purpose is to examine economic decision making. It consists of a quiz to test your understanding of the experiment, followed by the experiment, and a (brief) demographic questionnaire. You can participate in the experiment and the demographic questionnaire only if you answer at least 3 out of the 5 questions in the quiz correctly.
              Time: 1 hour(s)
              Reward: $1.00
              Qualifications: ML 07.04.2019 Block Past Workers DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: A study about affective responses and decisions after performing a task | PANDA
                Requester: Mahshid [A27SN2USLDJ816] (Req TV): $58.96/hr/hr
                (TO): [Pay: 4.20] [Fair: 3.67] [Comm: 1.00] [Fast: 3.67]
                Description: This is a survey about your individual affective response and decisions after performing specific tasks. The survey will take maximum 20 minutes.
                Time: 25 minutes(s)
                Qualifications: Already DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Answer questions on the privacy policy term about LOCATIONS (requires ~30mins) | PANDA
                  Requester: Wendy Qiu [A1MXUJIG3S12AF] (Req TV): $-/hr
                  Description: After reading through a segment of the privacy policy, answer the questions about LOCATIONS with the options best describe the situation
                  Time: 2 hour(s)
                  Reward: $8.00
                  Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 85; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50;

Comment

Title: 15-30 minute decision making task(~ 25 minutes) | PANDA
                    Requester: Niv Lab [A3RR9T5E327UK4] (Req TV): $16.90/hr/hr
                    Description: learn about the outcomes of slot machines and make decisions.
                    Time: 1 hour(s)
                    Reward: $6.00
                    Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US;

Comment

Title: Trait Desirability Survey 16 | PANDA
                      Requester: Sarah Cogswell [A5D4LUO0E8HE3] (Req TV): $-/hr
                      Description: 15-minute survey; rate desirability of statements that can be used to describe a person
                      Time: 4 hour(s)
                      HITs Available: 4
                      Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• Kizzy
                        Kizzy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        me either I keep thinking maybe I did one like it or something but for life of me I can't find where I did one

• smartin
                        smartin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        never going to catch this either, her hits are so elusive.

• PatrickBatman
                        PatrickBatman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        i caught one a few days ago i just panda search by requester them

Title: Short video clips & questionnaires, 7-8 minutes total | PANDA
                      Requester: researcher [ARL46LT9B0B1O] (Req TV): $-/hr
                      Description: We are conducting a study involving short video clips & questionnaires. It should take 7 to 8 minutes total.
                      Time: 30 minutes(s)
                      HITs Available: 433
                      Reward: $0.50
                      Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Working...
                      X