banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

On This Day, September 17th, 2019

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On This Day, September 17th, 2019

• 642 Arab forces under Amr ibn al-'As conquer Alexandria
    • 1683 Dutch scientist Antonie van Leeuwenhoek is the first to report the existence of bacteria
    • 1862 Battle of Antietam [Battle of Sharpsburg], bloodiest day in the American Civil War: 22,000 dead, wounded or missing in first battle on Union soil
    • 1900 Commonwealth of Australia proclaimed
    • 1916 The Red Baron [Manfred von Richthofen], WWI flying ace of the German Luftstreitkräfte, wins his first aerial combat near Cambrai, France
    • 1964 Beatles are paid a then record $150,000 for a concert (Kansas)
    • 1972 TV comedy M*A*S*H, adapted from the movie, starring Alan Alda, Loretta Swit and Wayne Rogers debuts on CBS in the US
    • 1978 Anwar Sadat, Menachem Begin and Jimmy Carter sign the Camp David Accords, frameworks for peace in the Middle East and between Egypt and Israel

Title: Quick Survey(~ 4 minutes) | Accept
    Requester: Mckenzie Lab [A32PFDVOMDHT0X] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$32.75] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: [Pay=3.96] [Fast=4.71] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=4.80] [Reviews=31] [ToS=2]
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 0.30
    Duration: 30:00
    Available: 1
    Description: Simple judgment task that takes just a few minutes
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 96; Location In US

Comment

Title: Questions about emotions | Accept
      Requester: Sand Lab [A3VRXFWZB1P4E5] Contact
      TV: [Hrly=$10.24] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
      TO: [Pay=3.25] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=3.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
      Reward: 1.75
      Duration: 1:00:00
      Description: Answer questions about one's emotions
      Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US

Comment

Buenos dias amigos y amigas!

It's getting cooler and the days are getting shorter.

I'm scared. What is happening?!

Comment

• cyvamp
          cyvamp commented
          Editing a comment
          When school started 3 weeks ago, it was light when I walked the kids to school, now it's dark

• Fisherman
          Fisherman commented
          Editing a comment
          Been in the 90s here for weeks..Fall temperatures get here around December. Winter usually starts here (Tennessee) about the middle of January, lasts 2-4 weeks (no snow of course) and then Spring Arrives in late February...by Mid March it's Summer again. We mow grass from March to Mid October....sucks.

• ZeldaFoot
          ZeldaFoot commented
          Editing a comment
          Yesterday had a heat index of about 98. I could go for some of this cooler you speak of.

Title: A 60-minute survey about your experiences YESTERDAY | PANDA
        Requester: swbresearch [A2WAIGFL487P0E] (Req TV): $24.75/hr/hr
        (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
        Description: List the events you experienced YESTERDAY and tell us how you felt about them
        Time: 3 hour(s)
        HITs Available: 1
        Reward: $8.20
        Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

A bunch of these up, I am doing some, hope it pays off

​​​​​​
          Title: Fill in the Hotel Concierge Slots in a Hotel Dialogue - 10 min | PANDA
          Requester: VQA [A2P8T37FOIUG7] (Req TV): $14.14/hr/hr
          Description: A small hotel dialogue is displayed with only the guest dialogue populated. You must populate the concierge dialogue sections.
          Time: 20 minutes(s)
          HITs Available: 195
          Reward: $0.40
          Qualifications: Location In AUCA; Masters Exists ;

Comment

• TurknShop
            TurknShop commented
            Editing a comment
            I think these are by the same people behind the Dialogue Systems HITs from a year or so ago. I've seen some of the same terminology and locations used.

Title: 30-minute academic survey with $3.00 completion award plus bonus payments.(~ 30 minutes) | PANDA
          Requester: Katherine Chen [A1SP1ODL4MKOJN] (Req TV): $74.04/hr/hr
          Description: This HIT is for a research study. You will receive a guaranteed payment of $3 upon completion. You will receive an additional $0.50 for each correct answer (up to $3.50 in bonus payments). This task requires critical reading comprehension. You will be asked to read a newspaper excerpt, and then asked to select word clusters that best fit the article. This task is in a multiple-choice format. Your responses will assist in validating machine analysis of newspaper articles.
          Time: 2 hour(s)
          HITs Available: 2
          Reward: $3.00
          Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US; Exc: [2126870662-170768] DoesNotExist ;

Comment

Title: Perform a memory test while listening to babies' cries | Accept
            Requester: Kasia Pisanski [A22MND6MPUR6LT] Contact
            TV: No Reviews
            TO: No Reviews
            Reward: 3.00
            Duration: 2:00:00
            Description: In this 20 min study, you will be asked to recall a pattern from memory while listening to babies' cries. You will also be asked to provide information about your family background in a short survey. *You MUST wear headphones - sound test will verify..
            Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Location EqualTo US

Comment

• Nostalgic
              Nostalgic commented
              Editing a comment
              CrazyCatLady I was thinking the same thing. lol But I am still going to panda it. Can't pass up money. lol Thanks for posting Giskard

• ameagari
              ameagari commented
              Editing a comment
              ROFL at ZeldaFoot

• Nostalgic
              Nostalgic commented
              Editing a comment
              My anxiety level is high after that survey!!

quick
            Title: Face Ratings | PANDA
            Requester: Stefan Rose [A1KW3YUBHYXSB9] (Req TV): $24.46/hr/hr
            Description: Rate a selection of faces with regard to different attributes
            Reward: $1.00
            Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Searching for Rewards in an Online Game: Part 1 | Accept
              Requester: Charley Wu [A1GBQHCZ1CQO0E] Contact
              TV: [Hrly=$21.46] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
              TO: [Pay=4.67] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
              Reward: 4.00
              Duration: 3:00:00
              Description: A fun game with bonus rewards available. Part of a research project studying human learning and search.
              Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Worked for me before DoesNotExist

Comment

Title: Searching for Rewards in an Online Game: Part 1 | PANDA
                Requester: Charley Wu [A1GBQHCZ1CQO0E] (Req TV): $21.46/hr/hr
                Description: A fun game with bonus rewards available. Part of a research project studying human learning and search.
                Time: 3 hour(s)
                Reward: $4.00
                Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Worked for me before DoesNotExist ;

Comment

Title: Add numbers (math task) while listening to babies' cries | Accept
                  Requester: Kasia Pisanski [A22MND6MPUR6LT] Contact
                  TV: No Reviews
                  TO: No Reviews
                  Reward: 3.00
                  Duration: 2:00:00
                  Description: In this 20 min study, you will be asked to perform a math task (adding) while listening to babies' cries. You will also be asked to provide information about your family background in a short survey. *You MUST wear headphones - sound test will verify.
                  Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Location EqualTo US

Comment

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Chenhao Tan for work related to 3MQKOF1EE2U62ZHNM7283YR95D9DW8.
                    The value of your bonus is: $0.80 USD

The Requester included this note:
                    correctly predicted 16 reviews, bonus of 0.05 each + 0.5 compensation fee

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

I'm rich!

Comment

Good Morning Guys and Gals, We had rain yesterday so much in fact it flooded a lot of the low lying areas and they even closed one of the bridges there was so much water on it. I hope we've seen the last of the hot weather

Comment

Title: Sentence-picture verification | PANDA
                        Requester: Artur Stepanov [A2GGB9XQM68ZM1] (Req TV): N/A
                        Description: You will be presented with series of a pictures each followed by a sentence describing it. On a scale of 1-3, please indicate how well a given sentence matches the content of the respective picture.
                        Reward: $0.50
                        Qualifications: US High School Graduate EqualTo 1;

Comment

Working...
                        X