banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Remember, Remember the 5th of November HITs November 5, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember, Remember the 5th of November HITs November 5, 2019

English Folk Verse (c.1870)
    The Fifth of November

Remember, remember!
    The fifth of November,
    The Gunpowder treason and plot;
    I know of no reason
    Why the Gunpowder treason
    Should ever be forgot!
    Title: A Study of Women's Social Experiences and Attitudes | Accept
    Requester: SOBR [A14457MY6RVLIL] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$18.88] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 1.00
    Duration: 30:00
    Available: 1
    Description: You are invited to participate in a study investigating women’s attitudes toward social situations. In particular, you will be asked to respond to a few attitude questionnaires that relate to your body and your feelings about sociopolitical relations.
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US
    ​​​​​​To be eligible, you must identify as female and be between the ages of 18 and 25.

Title: 67/2019 Preparing to Negotiate II- 35 minutes study for $7 | Accept
    Requester: London Business School Research Lab [A1ZJQ62VLKNM59] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$14.69] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: No Reviews
    Reward: 7.00
    Duration: 1:00:00
    Description: You will review information about a prospective counterpart and then engage in a negotiation.
    Qualifications: 63/2019 KOConnor Preparing to Negotiate DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US

Comment

• Bear
      Bear commented
      Editing a comment
      20 minutes

Good morning fellow turkalots!

Comment

Title: Psychology Survey(~ 30 minutes) | PANDA
      Requester: SurveyComet [A3NC2P2SPK9QQ] (Req TV): $21.80/hr/hr
      (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
      Description: survey
      Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
      HITs Available: 2
      Reward: $4.25
      Qualifications: SurveyGroup [3057] DoesNotExist ; Exc: [180355-179766] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

Comment

This is a warning to let you know that we have identified activity associated with your Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) Worker account that is in violation of the MTurk Participation Agreement. Specifically, your account has been flagged for failing to use your human intelligence and independent judgment to conscientiously complete HITs for Requesters, which violates Section 3(b) of the MTurk Participation Agreement.
        Anyone get one of these warnings before? I'm not sure why I got this. Nothing in my acceptance or submissions has changed in the 3 years I have been doing hits.... Back on October 9th I did like 1000 of those Amazon A9 hits and like 400 ended up rejected, could that be the cause?

Comment

• DorkyPorky
          DorkyPorky commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks, Carolyn that's what I ended up doing...

• Fisherman
          Fisherman commented
          Editing a comment
          Of course, you have no obligation to answer this here, but the first thing I'd ask myself is What is my approval rate ? Do I use a VPN ? Have I had disputes with requesters lately ?

Most likely, it's the huge number of 400 rejections. This is one of the reasons that I don't do batches (I know this flies in the face of how many other workers operate)

Mostly, I just loathe repetitive work. I found that about 10-15 hits into most any batch, I can barely stay awake.

Since it was a warning...I'd play it safe for quite a while and avoid more rejections.

• witch1
          witch1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm the same way Fisherman. I hate batches and can rarely do more than 10 of any one.

https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3W...to_accept=true
        Zhongqiang Huang
        2-Minute Consumer Experience Survey - 191105(~ 2 minutes)
        $0.60

Comment

Originally posted by DorkyPorky View Post

Anyone get one of these warnings before? I'm not sure why I got this. Nothing in my acceptance or submissions has changed in the 3 years I have been doing hits.... Back on October 9th I did like 1000 of those Amazon A9 hits and like 400 ended up rejected, could that be the cause?
          maybe someone blocked me? is that something i can see like on quals?

Comment

• Fisherman
            Fisherman commented
            Editing a comment
            Bear It seems that I recall they used to send emails like that about being blocked...but stopped some time ago.

• Sweetheart
            Sweetheart commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been blocked on a HIT before and did not get any warning email or anything. It just notified me when I tried to accept the HIT that the requester had chosen not to allow me to do the HIT anymore. I'm sorry this happened to you, I'm sure it's nerve-wracking.

• smartin
            smartin commented
            Editing a comment
            When I had gotten a block from brelig, whatever his name is now (Panel - I had to look it up) in 2014 I had gotten an email from them stating that if I get more blocks from other requesters in the near future my account could be banned.

This is sort of an annoying one to start the day but it took about 6 minutes and it looks like there's a possibility for a pretty decent bonus....especially if you're a quicker typist than I am.

Title: Short reading/writing assignments (FACW 4) | Accept
          Requester: The Choice Lab [A18FWM3BGZIW4S] Contact
          TV: [Hrly=$23.00] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
          TO: [Pay=4.29] [Fast=4.81] [Comm=4.30] [Fair=4.83] [Reviews=268] [ToS=0]
          TO2: [Hrly=5.43] [Pen=1.52] [Res=0.00] [Rec=60] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
          Reward: 1.00
          Description: Transcribing strings of text for a few minutes.
          Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US

Comment

• Buffy4711
            Buffy4711 commented
            Editing a comment
            I did it yesterday:

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from The Choice Lab for work related to
            3GS542CVJVXZ0AF11A7TT0QG64395A.
            The value of your bonus is: $6.84 USD

The Requester included this note:
            Bonus from a FACW study.

• Sweetheart
            Sweetheart commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I did one of these yesterday, they are pretty decent if you can grab one. This morning I got this!

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from The Choice Lab for work related to 3VDI8GSXAF3X22LBDEK6X1MUC70G8B.
            The value of your bonus is: $8.53 USD

The Requester included this note:
            Bonus from a FACW study.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

• dazcat
            dazcat commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, congrats on the nice bonuses Buffy4711 and Sweetheart. I just did this, but I'm a fast typist but NOT on symbols, especially the odd ones I never use. Hopefully will get something. Thanks Giskard

https://worker.mturk.com/projects/34...to_accept=true
          David Cheng
          Listen to 2 min Audio and watch a short video tell us your reaction
          $2.25
          Masters

Comment

Title: Review a website to identify famous trademarks v.7 | PANDA
            Requester: Eric DeRosia [AT242Q7W4U37Y] (Req TV): $15.27/hr/hr
            Description: Scan a long list of trademarks to identify the famous ones. The HIT takes about 75 minutes.
            Time: 6 hour(s)
            HITs Available: 1
            Reward: $11.74
            Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 96; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Speech quality assessment - qualification stage | Accept
              Requester: IC3 AI team [A2SAUCU1B6BDTS] Contact
              TV: No Reviews
              Reward: 0.05
              Description: We are looking for crowdworkers who are willing to participate in a speech quality assessment experiment.
              Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location In IN, US

Comment

Title: African American Female Attitudes Toward Skin Tone(ONLY AA WOMEN) | PANDA
                Requester: Trinity [A3IB4BQPZHQV4D] (Req TV): $10.20/hr/hr
                Description: As an African American woman, tell us about your attitudes toward skin tone
                Time: 3 hour(s)
                HITs Available: 1
                Reward: $2.00
                Qualifications: TrinityColorism_AlreadyParticipated DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Please participate if you like receiving jewelry as gifts (we have screeners)(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
                  Requester: MJ H [A1ZTMLZ5IGZT1A] (Req TV): $14.52/hr/hr
                  Description: computer access only. US participants only. Include screener questions.
                  Time: 30 minutes(s)
                  HITs Available: 18
                  Reward: $0.20
                  Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; Exc: [-2138768339-179961] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

Comment

Looks like a paid screener

Title: The purpose of this study is to learn how people view themselves politically. | Accept
                    Requester: Jared K. Clemons [A3A3D76YGQO40F] Contact
                    TV: No Reviews
                    Reward: 0.10
                    Description: Participation in our study involves completing a survey that will ask you questions about some of your political attitudes.
                    Qualifications: None

Comment

Bear is today our survey comet? I have a teacher meeting at 1:30 and don't want to miss it

Comment

• Bear
                        Bear commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, I think it is.

• cyvamp
                        cyvamp commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Good thing it has a 4 hour timer
                    Working...
                    X