banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Thick With /hits thursday - November 21, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thick With /hits thursday - November 21, 2019

Good morning!

and I screwed up the title

stupid question time. 1) I have Otto set to $1. Meantime, I am looking at hitboard. 2) I set filter on hitboard to $.50. 3) I refresh hit board. 4) Filter resets to $1. 5) Does that mean that unless I use other scripts (which I cannot use) I can only use the money allocation that I have set on Otto?

Comment

• Fisherman
      Fisherman commented
      Editing a comment
      As far as I know, Otto does change these controls. I'll look into it though.

• ZeldaFoot
      ZeldaFoot commented
      Editing a comment
      Otto changes the Hits page filter, just like HF does. I have run Otto and browsed the Hits page but I have to keep manually changing the filter to do that.

• smartin
      smartin commented
      Editing a comment
      I the majority of the time have to clear my filters when I look at mturk directly, sometimes I don't but usually I do.

Originally posted by Carolyn View Post
    stupid question time. 1) I have Otto set to $1. Meantime, I am looking at hitboard. 2) I set filter on hitboard to $.50. 3) I refresh hit board. 4) Filter resets to $1. 5) Does that mean that unless I use other scripts (which I cannot use) I can only use the money allocation that I have set on Otto?
    I'm not sure what hitboard is? Do you mean the Mturk hit page? My $$ filter on Mturk will stay the same UNLESS I go to another page in that tab and then go back.

Comment

Title: U.S. Workers’ work- and family-related attitudes and behavior | Accept
      Requester: Yun-Kyoung Kim [A25HG3ZGZYSQR0] Contact
      TV: [Hrly=$16.28] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
      TO: No Reviews
      TO2: No Reviews
      Reward: 3.50
      Duration: 2:00:00
      Available: 1
      Description: We are conducting an academic study on U.S. workers' work and family experiences. Please join our survey and share with us your opinion about your work and family experiences!
      Qualifications: Gender - Female EqualTo 1; Parenthood Status EqualTo 1

Comment

Title: Pocket Points Survey | PANDA
        Requester: Allen Tseng [ANVJM6UNIPTY2] (Req TV): $18.88/hr/hr
        (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
        Description: Give us your opinion about Pocket Points
        Time: 2 hour(s)
        HITs Available: 1
        Reward: $3.00
        Qualifications: US High School Graduate EqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95;

Comment

• Bear
          Bear commented
          Editing a comment
          "Only current users of Pocket Points are qualify to take this survey."

I don't know what it is .. so ...

• ProtectorOfKittens
          ProtectorOfKittens commented
          Editing a comment
          I Googled it...it's an app for students that gives them points for not using their phones during classes.

• Bear
          Bear commented
          Editing a comment
          So students have to be bribed not to use their phone?

Originally posted by Bear View Post

I'm not sure what hitboard is? Do you mean the Mturk hit page? My $$ filter on Mturk will stay the same UNLESS I go to another page in that tab and then go back.
        Yes, I mean Mturk hit page. If I set $$ filter to $.50, and then refresh the tab by pressing "Hits" at the top of the Mturk hit page, the $$ filter on Mturk resets to $1. If I turn Otto off, the $$ filter stays at the .50 level

Comment

• Fisherman
          Fisherman commented
          Editing a comment
          hmm....okay...i'll look into that.

• Fisherman
          Fisherman commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, turns out Otto is doing this.

Originally posted by Carolyn View Post

Yes, I mean Mturk hit page. If I set $$ filter to $.50, and then refresh the tab by pressing "Hits" at the top of the Mturk hit page, the $$ filter on Mturk resets to $1.
        Mine stays the same when I do that. If you just reload the page instead of clicking hits does it still do it?

Well I take that back. My did it once after several tries. It seems random for me.

Comment

Morning everyone. Is there a thread for Otto?

Comment

• Bear
            Bear commented
            Editing a comment
            I think everyone has just been using the daily hits thread.

• Fisherman
            Fisherman commented
            Editing a comment
            Please use the DHT for now...and you'll get the quickest response.

Good Morning Guys and Gals, Hope we all do well this morning

Comment

Title: Survey about the effectiveness of using instructions | Accept
            Requester: Christina Stoiber [A2SPWFFPT50GEW] Contact
            TV: [Hrly=$34.60] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
            TO: No Reviews
            TO2: No Reviews
            Reward: 3.00
            Duration: 25:00
            Available: 1
            Description: This is survey to assess the usefulness of using instructions for interactive visualizations.
            Qualifications: Masters Exists ; US Bachelor's Degree EqualTo 1; Completed Onboarding Surveys (1st round) DoesNotExist

Comment

Title: Read short narratives and answer some questions! [ID: narratives] | PANDA
              Requester: Edinburgh Language Research [A2O4KLPLHO8FZK] (Req TV): $21.65/hr/hr
              Description: Task consists of reading short narratives of a few sentences. You are asked to verify some statements relating to these texts. Up to 30 minutes. [Only do HIT if you have NOT done ID:"narratives" since September]]
              Time: 24 hour(s)
              Reward: $5.00
              Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Choose the jar game | PANDA
                Requester: Ronin duplo [A1EKHSOWYXKQP7] (Req TV): $7.94/hr/hr
                Description: ~15 minutes academix experiment
                Time: 1 hour(s)
                Reward: $2.00
                Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• Kizzy
                  Kizzy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kind of boring but not hard to do

• Bear
                  Bear commented
                  Editing a comment
                  weird hit, 14 minutes and 5000 mouse clicks

Good Morning All, I'll be gone some of the day today. My youngest Daughter's school is having a Thanksgiving, I've got to go to the library for my eldest Daughter, Open a new bank account for my Wife, and the grocery store.

I'll monitor things as best as I can, but most of the Otto Beta Testers are pretty familiar with how he's working and can help in my absence.

Comment

• Kizzy
                  Kizzy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds like a lot of fun. Drive safe

• Carolyn
                  Carolyn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hope you have a good time. Get away from computer for awhile

• smartin
                  smartin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hope you enjoy some time away from the computer!

Happy Thursday!
                Names have been drawn for the Our Hit Stop Gift Exchange. Don't forget to send a gift by December 21!.

Comment

I love when a requester says...hey heads up, we will have work for you today

​​​​​​Message from project.one ([email protected])
                  ---------------------------------
                  We are now ready to publish the new series of project.one HITs.

These will start appearing tomorrow (Thursday, November 21st) and will continue for several days.

Thank you for participating in our evaluations.

Richard
                  (for the project.one team)

Comment

• Kizzy
                    Kizzy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I got it too but I don't remember what they were or what we did on the hits before.
                Working...
                X