banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Happy Festivus! - December 23, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Festivus! - December 23, 2019

Good morning!

Happy Festivus Day!

I have to go in for a CT scan this morning at 8:10 am. First I have to drink 2 bottles of stuff that makes me glow in the dark.

Title: Reading task - list3(~ 75 minutes) | PANDA
    Requester: Campanelli Luca [A34V7QOJ3FJ4BG] (Req TV): $20.55/hr/hr
    (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
    Description: You will read sentences and answer comprehension questions.
    Time: 5 hour(s)
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $12.00
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; SurveyGroup [3256] DoesNotExist ; Exc: [-1537948591-189065] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location In US;

Comment

• dazcat
      dazcat commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck Bear, hopefully it will be quick and done before you know it.

• Sweetheart
      Sweetheart commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck!

• Kizzy
      Kizzy commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck. I am sure it will turn out just fine

Rejection:
    Boris Winter
    Psychology survey (~15 minutes, potential follow-up tasks)
    The catch-questions were answered incorrectly.

Happy Festivus to me......

Comment

• cyvamp
      cyvamp commented
      Editing a comment
      I got 2 rejections this morning, yippee

• jewel777
      jewel777 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got one the other day for missing an attention check. It was the first hit of the day, so I'm sure I was tired and missed it - so my fault.

• ameagari
      ameagari commented
      Editing a comment
      Remember Festivus is all about airing your grievances.

Good bonus potential

Title: Make sound annotations in audio recordings | PANDA
    Requester: SONYC Research [A2UE5CYSJJ3KC5] (Req TV): N/A
    Description: Make sound annotations in audio recordings with the goal of eliciting the true confidence in these annotations.
    Time: 1 hour(s)
    Reward: $1.00
    Qualifications: Completed survey DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Rate the quality of speech audio samples. Earn $1.2 in 10 minutes! | PANDA
      Requester: Michael Picheny [A3FAN7M50UVBU4] (Req TV): N/A
      (TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
      Description: Listen to Ensligh speech samples and rate their quality following our detailed instructions
      Reward: $1.20
      Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Merry Christmas Eve Eve and of course, Happy Festivus for the rest of us! Since we are celebrating Festivus today, we need the origin of it.

We are going to be in the worst week of the year. Or at least it was for me last year. Don't think I'll be working too much. Too much Christmas stuff going on and cleaning and preparing. Dinner for 10 on Wednesday and the wife is starting to go into panic mode now.

Comment

• dazcat
          dazcat commented
          Editing a comment
          WhoCouldItBe Sounds like me and I'm only having 5. Good luck to your wife

Boy, this sure doesn't feel like a Monday to me.

Comment

This may be it today.

You've received a bonus from Francesco Fallucchi for work related to 3OKP4QVBP1WANIOOZHH8NVJLIZ7GAU.

The value of your bonus is: $4.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
          Thank you for participating in our study. Please note that your guaranteed participation fee is paid separately upon approval of your task.

Comment

Okay, the new payment processing works like a dream. All of my money-including the one done yesterday-went in the bank today. The one yesterday was completed at 5:30 pm CST and it was in the bank this morning.
            Making It Up As I Go Along

Comment

• Sweetheart
              Sweetheart commented
              Editing a comment
              That's great news!

• witch1
              witch1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I really like it Sweetheart. I don't have to worry about it or stress about it. I also think hits are paying quicker, too.

• smartin
              smartin commented
              Editing a comment
              This makes me feel a lot better about pulling the trigger. Think I'll wait till after the 1st just to make sure I have enough money to cover me the rest of the month unless somehow I get money for Christmas from someone (Haha)

Good morning everyone! Otto caught a survey from:

Anthony Saravanos
            Answer a survey about your opinions on the topic of Search Engines

for $3.41 that only took me about 7:30 minutes, but had no reviews. So hoping for no rejection on that. Couldn't get the export in time.

Title: Take this screener to qualify for a $1.60 ~8 minute personal finance survey | Accept
            Requester: Saul Wyner [A12VAJXXBSZX9T] Contact
            TV: [Hrly=$39.22] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
            TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
            TO2: No Reviews
            Reward: 0.10
            Duration: 1:00:00
            Available: 94
            Description: -
            Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90

Comment

ANNOUNCEMENT : Up until the implementation of the new payment system, the URLs for the mTurk system, and the Amazon Payments system have been separate and distinct. With the new system, for some inexplicable reason, they are the same. (meaning this hasn't been thought through very well) This can cause unintended, and intended conflicts with some scripts run through TamperMonkey. Mostly, this is a vulnerability, not a problem with legitimate scripts. However, please be careful who's scripts you choose to run, as an unscrupulous script writer could gain access to your payments, and financial information via this means. To safeguard against this, I am recommending the following:

1. Go to the page chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/options.html#nav=settings

2. Change "Config mode" at the top of the General header to "Advanced"

3. Follow down the page to the security section.

4. Add these two URLs to the blacklisted section

https://*.mturk.com/direct_deposit*
              https://*.mturk.com/payment_schedule*

copy these in their entirely, including the * at the end.

Then hit Save

What this does is to prevent any script running through TamperMonkey from having access to your payment information in any way.

AND for those of you using FireFox :

1. Click the TamperMonkey Icon.

2. Choose Dashboard.

3. Go to the Settings Tab.

4. Set the "Config Mode" at the top of the General header to "Advanced"

5. Move down to the Security section.

6. Add the two domains mentioned above to the Blacklist

https://*.mturk.com/direct_deposit*
              https://*.mturk.com/payment_schedule*

7. Save it.

BTW: Otto does not interact with the mTurk system in exactly this same way, as it directly calls the mTurk database, not the entire mTurk system, but just to be sure, we will be including some safeguards into Otto in the next update.

I WILL RUN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT ONCE A DAY FOR THE NEXT WEEK.
              Thanks to witch1 for bringing this information to my attention.

Comment

Please join me in welcoming our newest member, Yllama12 to the forums.

Comment

Title: Political survey including reading task(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
              Requester: Mathias Osmundsen [AB8YNQP7SYJBP] (Req TV): $23.09/hr/hr
              Description: In this survey, you will be asked to read two texts and answer a number of questions about politics. Some of the texts used in this study are relatively short and some of them are relatively long. The survet takes approximately 10 minutes.
              Reward: $1.25
              Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [189538-188801] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;
              Making It Up As I Go Along

Comment

Do we have any confirmation that money made it to someone's bank using the new method? Mine is set to transfer today, but no email yet.....

Comment

• Fisherman
                  Fisherman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  witch1 got her's today.

• librarian50
                  librarian50 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Excellent!

• Aero224
                  Aero224 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mine that transferred Friday was in my bank this morning.

Practice your IAT skills.

Title: Answer a survey about your opinions of behaviors | PANDA
                Requester: Kristina DePue [ARL0DIGH76K7H] (Req TV): N/A
                Description: A study on the perceptions that individuals have towards different people
                Reward: $1.00
                Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Working...
                X