banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Merry Christmas Eve HITs December 24, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas Eve HITs December 24, 2019

1. The image of Santa Claus flying his sleigh began in 1819 and was created by Washington Irving, the same author who dreamt up the Headless Horseman.

2. The Montgomery Ward department store created Rudolph the Reindeer as a marketing gimmick to encourage children to buy their Christmas coloring books.

https://worker.mturk.com/requesters/...?ref=w_pl_prvw

Comment

• Trapsshooter122
      Trapsshooter122 commented
      Editing a comment
      lol it was pretty simple and took about 2 minutes for me. easy .50 in my books

• cyvamp
      cyvamp commented
      Editing a comment
      it was easy and I love chocolate, I just think the requester was a bit paranoid

• Giskard
      Giskard commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, when they asked me to name what you call someone who practices law, I wanted to reverse the AC and say "shyster".

Merry Morning!

Title: Record pronunciation of some phrases on your mobile audio recorder | PANDA
    Requester: Nikita [A2KR0LQAJ5AQWB] (Req TV): $23.49/hr/hr
    (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
    Description: Record pronunciation of 3 selected phrases (10 times each) on your mobile audio recorder
    Time: 3 hour(s)
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $4.00
    Qualifications: WakeUpWords DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Answer a survey about how you choose products | Accept
      Requester: Narine Yegoryan [A2DD049T6ACHEO] Contact
      TV: [Hrly=$22.30] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
      TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=1.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=1.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
      TO2: No Reviews
      Reward: 1.30
      Duration: 1:00:00
      Available: 36
      Description: In this survey, we aim to understand how people make decisions when purchasing products
      Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

Comment

Title: Choose a chocolate! | PANDA
        Requester: Michael Ho [A3NKACI9ACB0NF] (Req TV): $20.77/hr/hr
        Description: Choose a chocolate: Take a 5-minute survey for $0.50
        Time: 30 minutes(s)
        Reward: $0.50
        Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 80; Location EqualTo US;
        Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

Title: Homey buyer survey 2019 | PANDA
          Requester: Logan Freedman [A3A29OEALJMPIW] (Req TV): $10.94/hr/hr
          Description: to qualify you must have purchased a home in 2019
          Time: 2 hour(s)
          Reward: $0.55
          Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

I can see my payment transfer pending in my bank account. Didn't take as long as I thought.

Comment

• Sweetheart
              Sweetheart commented
              Editing a comment
              Mine was scheduled to go through yesterday. It went through at 2:18 a.m. this morning and is there now.

• Bear
              Bear commented
              Editing a comment
              That's encouraging!

• jewel777
              jewel777 commented
              Editing a comment
              Mine is scheduled for today, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Title: Answer a survey about doing challenges in an app to gain insights about the effect of caffeine on sleep | PANDA
            Requester: Paul Lemmens [A27I9CLSYCR2ZT] (Req TV): $14.76/hr/hr
            Description: A survey about caffeine and setting goals to gain insight in how caffeine affects sleep. Aim is to gather input for training natural-language processing models.
            Time: 1 hour(s)
            Reward: $3.60
            Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US;
            ​​​​​​

Comment

• witch1
              witch1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Loads of writing. And then questions to explain your writing. Veers wicked close to nope.

• cyvamp
              cyvamp commented
              Editing a comment
              I was so close to tossing it back, but pushed through

• witch1
              witch1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Me, too cyvamp.

My doctor left a voicemail yesterday and said the CT scan looked pretty good. The cancer hasn't spread beyond what he saw in the colonoscopy so that's a little more good news.

Comment

• smartin
              smartin commented
              Editing a comment
              This is wonderful news!!

• jewel777
              jewel777 commented
              Editing a comment
              Things are looking up for you, Bear. Winning that $20 the other day was a lucky sign.

• ZeldaFoot
              ZeldaFoot commented
              Editing a comment
              That's great news!

ANNOUNCEMENT : Up until the implementation of the new payment system, the URLs for the mTurk system, and the Amazon Payments system have been separate and distinct. With the new system, for some inexplicable reason, they are the same. (meaning this hasn't been thought through very well) This can cause unintended, and intended conflicts with some scripts run through TamperMonkey. Mostly, this is a vulnerability, not a problem with legitimate scripts. However, please be careful who's scripts you choose to run, as an unscrupulous script writer could gain access to your payments, and financial information via this means. To safeguard against this, I am recommending the following:

1. Go to the page chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/options.html#nav=settings

2. Change "Config mode" at the top of the General header to "Advanced"

3. Follow down the page to the security section.

4. Add these two URLs to the blacklisted section

https://*.mturk.com/direct_deposit*
            https://*.mturk.com/payment_schedule*

copy these in their entirely, including the * at the end.

Then hit Save

What this does is to prevent any script running through TamperMonkey from having access to your payment information in any way.

AND for those of you using FireFox :

1. Click the TamperMonkey Icon.

2. Choose Dashboard.

3. Go to the Settings Tab.

4. Set the "Config Mode" at the top of the General header to "Advanced"

5. Move down to the Security section.

6. Add the two domains mentioned above to the Blacklist

https://*.mturk.com/direct_deposit*
            https://*.mturk.com/payment_schedule*

7. Save it.

BTW: Otto does not interact with the mTurk system in exactly this same way, as it directly calls the mTurk database, not the entire mTurk system, but just to be sure, we will be including some safeguards into Otto in the next update.

I WILL RUN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT ONCE A DAY FOR THE NEXT WEEK.
            Thanks to witch1 for bringing this information to my attention.

Comment

• witch1
              witch1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Any time

• smartin
              smartin commented
              Editing a comment
              Just wanted to say thank you for making this super simple and easy to follow!

Merry Christmas Eve everyone...I'm off with the family today to go see the new Star Wars movie. Other than that, I should be around.

Comment

• Kizzy
              Kizzy commented
              Editing a comment
              Enjoy the family and movie, give us a review once you see it, no spoilers just a review

• dazcat
              dazcat commented
              Editing a comment
              Have fun! We are probably going Friday, so let us know how it is! Fisherman

• smartin
              smartin commented
              Editing a comment
              Enjoy the movie!

Merry Christmas Eve, I will be here for a while till everyone else wakes up so most likely a few hours. Maybe I can make a couple pennies before then.

Comment

Yesterday I had ZERO motivation. Today I am all full of it. I walked the dogs, made 3 dozen rolls for tomorrow, made a cake, cooked the pudding for banana pudding. Found lemon-flavored nilla wafers (amazing), and dipped 3 boxes worth in white chocolate..now they are stupid good. On top of that, I made 19.90 today as well

Comment

• smartin
                smartin commented
                Editing a comment
                Can I borrow some of your energy!? Holy buckets!

• ZeldaFoot
                ZeldaFoot commented
                Editing a comment
                I made a cup of coffee....

• magnoliagal
                magnoliagal commented
                Editing a comment
                I pushed the button on my coffee pot!

Title: Video Perception and Everyday Life (10 mins) | PANDA
              Requester: Zhaoliang Yu [A2WD53BPT6S1E4] (Req TV): $2.85/hr/hr
              Description: In this study, you will be asked to watch a short video clip and answer a few related questions. Please also note that the study should only be completed using a computer or a laptop, and not mobile devices.
              Time: 1 hour(s)
              HITs Available: 12
              Reward: $0.40
              Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Morning All I think I can beat cyvamp. I got up, smoked a cigarette, made coffee, read a bit of the newspaper, smoked a cigarette, drank more coffee, had a shower, smoked a cigarette and switched on my laptop. Phew, think I need a nap after all that. Oh, and I've made $0.00 so far

Comment

• hitforbrains
                  hitforbrains commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I also remember the rush of that first drag with a cup of hot tea in the morning. And just yesterday I had to call 911 because the regulator on my portable oxygen tank decided to stop working while I was driving. I don't remember ever being so scared because I thought I was going to die. Obviously, I've recovered, but I'm stuck at home because my oxygen supplier won't bring a new regulator until Thursday. Ah, the joys of smoking.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

• cyvamp
                  cyvamp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So sorry hitforbrains that is terrifying!

• Kizzy
                  Kizzy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  One habit I am happy I never picked up as a kid I stole a few of my mom's cigarettes but never could stand the taste. I have enough bad habits without adding that one.
              Working...
              X