banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

J.R.R. Tolkien Day HITs January 3, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J.R.R. Tolkien Day HITs January 3, 2020

The Lord of the Rings fans will remember that Frodo used to toast his Uncle Bilbo on his birthday every year. And on The Lord of the Rings author J.R.R. Tolkien’s birthday, you’re encouraged to have a birthday toast as part of JRR Tolkien Day on January 3rd. The Tolkien Society asks fans to honor the author’s birth, which was on January 3, 1892.

Please join me in welcoming our newest member, Lithiksha to the forums.

​​​​​​​

Comment

• smartin
      smartin commented
      Editing a comment
      Lithiksha, glad to have ya!

• ZeldaFoot
      ZeldaFoot commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome! Thanks for being here with us!

• Aero224
      Aero224 commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to have you aboard.

Morning!

Anyone do a hit for Yannick yesterday? Paid .85 cents and it was a chat. Got rejected for not spending enough time 🙄 anyone remember if it had a irb

Comment

Good morning!

The Oncologist said he is fairly confident radiation will fix my cancer and the cure rate is 75%-80%. I have to get it every day for 5 weeks. The first and last week I will be wearing a pump that gives me the chemo. I am tentatively scheduled to start on the 20th.

Comment

• ZeldaFoot
        ZeldaFoot commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll be keeping you in my thoughts Bear ! Will you share your contact information with someone so we can check on you if you don't feel up to turking?

• jewel777
        jewel777 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sending thoughts and healing prayers to you, Bear. Hang in there and everything is going to be okay.

• Buffy4711
        Buffy4711 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sending happy thoughts and wishing you the best.

Good morning everyone! My first day of turking seriously. I'm hoping I can use this to start paying off some debt!

Comment

Title: Charitable Giving Decisions(~ 14 minutes) | PANDA
        Requester: Julie [A1G9XJCV4FSCC2] (Req TV): $17.97/hr/hr
        (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
        Description: This study involves questions designed to help researchers better understand donor decision making.
        Time: 45 minutes(s)
        HITs Available: 2
        Reward: $1.75
        Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 75; Exc: [773619740-189895] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

Comment

Title: Complete sentences for linguistic research! | PANDA
          Requester: Edinburgh Language Research [A2O4KLPLHO8FZK] (Req TV): $22.04/hr/hr
          Description: Task consists of 20 sentence completions. Estimated time is 15 minutes.
          Time: 8 hour(s)
          HITs Available: 1
          Reward: $3.75
          Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• DorkyPorky
            DorkyPorky commented
            Editing a comment
            I did one yesterday, and it approved pretty quickly. I caught one today, and there was no sentences to complete.

Title: Short easy research study psychology(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
          Requester: phillab [A36MJBQYSQS7EB] (Req TV): N/A
          (TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
          Description: Read a short story and answer a few questions
          Time: 15 minutes(s)
          HITs Available: 45
          Reward: $0.50
          Qualifications: Exc: [186829145-189894] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

Comment

Title: Quick task rating some avatars. | PANDA
            Requester: Hue Group [A2W7QG8JPPQ0WV] (Req TV): $14.15/hr/hr
            Description: Rate how lifelike these avatars are.
            Time: 1 hour(s)
            Reward: $3.00
            Qualifications: Masters Exists ;

Comment

Looks like it's going to be another slow day. Yesterday wasn't too terrible.

Comment

Good Morning Guys and Gals I think it will be slow today but I am hopeful that next week things will get back to normal. So in light of the slow work does anyone have any ideas for dinner yet, I am trying to come up with something.

Comment

• Sweetheart
                  Sweetheart commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This all sounds so delicious.

• tcostik
                  tcostik commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kizzy, if you have any homemade bread like a french loaf (or can run to the store to get some,) welsh rarebit is easy and awesome on a cold day. Its basically an open faced grilled cheese, but made with a bechamel sauce.

Alternatively, if you have the bread and a butternut squash, butternut squash soup is really easy. I use Bruno Albouze's recipe, found here: http://www.brunoskitchen.net/blog/po...h-veloute-soup

• ZeldaFoot
                  ZeldaFoot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think I'm going to throw some chicken broccoli cheddar soup into the instant pot. It's rainy here and it feels like a soup night.

Title: Evaluate the quality of chat response | PANDA
                Requester: shiki sato [A1DF91ZWSLWFWU] (Req TV): $19.65/hr/hr
                Description: Given the chat between person A and person B, judge if each candidate is good response of person B.
                HITs Available: 8
                Reward: $3.00
                Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; Location In CAGBUS; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95;
                I've done these in the past. You can do more than one. Also, they are tedious as hell in my opinion.

Comment

Title: A 30 minute Remesh Conversation about banking - 10:30AM EST | PANDA
                  Requester: Marketing Team [A1X47GCK2IDEX3] (Req TV): $-/hr
                  Description: A 30 minute Remesh Conversation about banking - 10:30AM EST
                  Time: 2 hour(s)
                  Reward: $7.50
                  Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• kate
                    kate commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bear I opened the link immediately - got the conversation ended message

• bromeliad
                    bromeliad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think it's a repeat. You're being screened because you have done it before.

• Bear
                    Bear commented
                    Editing a comment
                    oh well, back to my 30 cent PE

I sat up way to late last night because it rained so much. I had to keep emptying the containers in the window because the window leaks so bad. Slept way late.
                  Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

• witch1
                    witch1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's not the material that costs so much, but, the proper tools. I worked for a construction company years ago so thankfully not going in blind. I'm planning on doing a whole house remodel this year. I got it in my head that I wanted to move awhile back. Turns out I don't want to move-I just REALLY hate how my house looks so I'm going to fix it. A little at a time.

• Fisherman
                    Fisherman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    wish you were near me, I've got enough tools for a whole construction crew. I've made a lot of furniture in our house, including the desk I'm sitting at...and I've done just about every type of automotive repair you can think of dozens of times.

• witch1
                    witch1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fisherman, thank you...just being willing to share is why I like you and Mrs. Fisherman so much! When I get further I still might holler at you....I have a small narrow room that I want to convert to an office. I have a nice wall that I want to do floor to ceiling shelves on with a desk in the middle. You might could come up with something I'm missing.

Title: In this study you will watch and review video excerpts of a job interview, rate the candidate and answer a survey. NO MOBILES! | PANDA
                  Requester: Chris Bell [A3RX24KEJ2HB6B] (Req TV): $17.03/hr/hr
                  Description: You will be shown video excerpts of a job interview, and then rate the candidate. Then you will answer a survey on your feelings about and perceptions of the job candidate. The study will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes to complete. NO MOBILE DEVICES!
                  Reward: $2.00
                  Qualifications: Completed BL Study 2 (Job Candidate) EqualTo 1; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Employment Status: Unemployed EqualTo 0; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Working...
                  X