banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

National Use Your Gift Card Day HITs- January 18, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Use Your Gift Card Day HITs- January 18, 2020

It’s a day to encourage us all to spend them before they become part of the $1-billion dollars in gift cards that go unused every year.

Some stores and restaurants are even offering special deals.

Experts say if you don’t think you’ll use your gift card, consider donating it to someone in need.

Good morning everyone! Quick, under 5 for me.
    Title: Race Perception | Accept
    Requester: Kasane Tonegawa [A3PNS6KA7PKXM3] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$39.00] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 1.50
    Duration: 20:00
    Available: 1
    Description: Racial categorization of images.
    Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US

Comment

• librarian50
      librarian50 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good one!

As long as I remember
    The rain's been comin' down
    Clouds of mystery pourin'
    Confusion on the ground

Good men through the ages
    Tryin' to find the sun
    And I wonder, still I wonder
    Who'll stop the rain

Good morning!

Comment

• Bear
      Bear commented
      Editing a comment
      librarian50 please keep it up there.

• dazcat
      dazcat commented
      Editing a comment
      in PA we are getting snow but then turning to wintry mix and ice, then this afternoon rain, then back to snow tonight. Screwy forecast. Stay safe everyone!

• Kizzy
      Kizzy commented
      Editing a comment
      Good song we could use a little more rain out west if you could be so kind to send it this way

Title: Collect data from map | PANDA
    Requester: Egan [A2ABDN9VKE6III] (Req TV): $-/hr
    (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
    Description: find all BikeLink coordinates at Santa Clara County
    Time: 3 hour(s)
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $5.00
    Qualifications: None;

Comment

Title: Message Comprehension Study(~ 15 minutes)Accept
      Requester: Salma [AHX2L07B9YF60] Contact
      TV: $0.00/hr TO: 5.00
      Reward: $0.75
      Duration: 00:30:00
      Available: 42
      Description: The purpose of this study is to determine if people can easily understand a brief message about current events and to identify readers’ impressions of the message. This study should take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
      Qualifications: TP Panel: 1989414341 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [5768269-192237] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

Comment

Good Morning, hope we all make a little money today.

Comment

Title: Customer Survey(~ 22 minutes) | PANDA
          Requester: Bernard Chao [A2X89TZYBLVSBM] (Req TV): $25.88/hr/hr
          Description: Product Features
          Time: 1 hour(s)
          HITs Available: 1
          Reward: $3.00
          Qualifications: Exc: [2051612492-191993] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US;

Comment

• Bear
            Bear commented
            Editing a comment
            started late and not sure of the time but pretty quick. letting it simmer a while

anyone else doing the AI research short story completion?

Comment

• Trapsshooter122
            Trapsshooter122 commented
            Editing a comment
            Aye I got the qual and get to work on my first real batch work! .12 cents a sentence here I come lol

Good morning, all. Hope everyone has a good day.
          Making It Up As I Go Along

Comment

Last night, we encountered a question concerning another application called "Stax", which is a scraper that also shares some features with Otto. It seems that Stax is known to have caused a number of workers to have their accounts suspended and there was some concern about the same with Otto.

Stax was known to me at the time Otto was created. Originally, Stax contained a feature that automatically completed captchas, though I am told that this feature has since been removed. This feature was a clear violation of mTurk's rules, as it attempted to circumnavigate the human factor within Hits.

It is my opinion that, although this feature may have been removed from Stax, the fact that such a blatant automation of a feature designed to confirm human participation was included in the application in the first place makes the entire app and its creators suspect. I advise anyone on mTurk to consider carefully before attempting to install such an application. I do not recommend it.

Otto, on the other hand, does not, and never did have this feature in its design. First and foremost in my mind during the creation of Otto was to do no harm to its users. I have been very careful not to include any feature that could remotely be considered a violation, and will continue to do so.

Comment

• witch1
              witch1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I've never heard of that one before. I agree...it is a clear violation of TOS and anyone with a lick of sense should have known it.

• Kizzy
              Kizzy commented
              Editing a comment
              kate smartin witch1 CrazyCatLady ZeldaFoot Thanks to all of you too..great job keep us all informed and for helping to keep this forum drama free, you guys rock

• smartin
              smartin commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the thanks, it can be difficult at times keeping up with everything but it is totally worth it because in turn we all succeed.

We made it to Saturday! This weekend marks the halfway point in my kids' school year. I can't believe how fast it has gone. I need to get on the stick to save up for some summer camps!

My plan for today: Knock out the 10 Qiang Ning HITs, work on some xlab research HITs, work on my massive data entry project I was given yesterday, and hopefully get some cleaning done around here. It's a great day to turn on the fireplace and grind the hours away.

Comment

Happy Saturday!
              I'm over this weather. It was 70 earlier this week! I went out in shorts and a tank top. Today's low is 37 and I'll probably see some more rain Called the contractor yesterday, they're just waiting for a clear day to come out and fix my chimney. The next giant home project we need to figure out is to get our siding replaced. Apparently the stuff we have on the house was recalled several years back (was on the house when we bought it) because it's known for soaking up water and bloating. I have no idea how much that is going to cost.

Comment

• ZeldaFoot
                ZeldaFoot commented
                Editing a comment
                kate yea I don't want to ruin our relationship over siding. lol

• kate
                kate commented
                Editing a comment
                ZeldaFoot I would definitely make the holidays complicated!

• smartin
                smartin commented
                Editing a comment
                Hopefully you can get somewhere with the manufacturer of the siding! I'll trade you your weather for 11+ feels like -11 with the wind chill and 37mph sustained winds. Scary to watch the large branches on trees sway.

Title: Message Comprehension Study(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
              Requester: Salma [AHX2L07B9YF60] (Req TV): $13.14/hr/hr
              Description: The purpose of this study is to determine if people can easily understand a brief message about current events and to identify readers’ impressions of the message. This study should take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
              Time: 30 minutes(s)
              HITs Available: 17
              Reward: $0.75
              Qualifications: TP Panel: 1989414341 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [5768269-192237] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;
              Making It Up As I Go Along

Comment

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from DG Econ for work related to 3WGZLY9VCJ3SHZN3587UANLOTFND80.
                The value of your bonus is: $21.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
                Dear MTurk Worker,
                Thank you for participating in our experiment.
                You got a total payment of $22.0, of which we already paid $0.50. Now we pay the remainder, $21.5.

Comment

• Curbie
                  Curbie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's awesome, good job!

• jewel777
                  jewel777 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks guys.

• smartin
                  smartin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice!

Title: Trust building between American buyers and Chinese suppliers | Accept
                Requester: Hilton [A3KH0OQLS8NY2B] Contact
                TV: [Hrly=$30.89] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
                TO: No Reviews
                TO2: No Reviews
                Reward: 5.00
                Duration: 1:00:00
                Available: 0
                Description: Being a buyer, or merchandiser, or product developer, or manager, or CEO of an American importing company, please explain your trust in Chinese supplier
                Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Comment

Working...
                X