banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Martin Luther King Day - Monday January 20, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin Luther King Day - Monday January 20, 2020

Each year, on the third Monday in January, the MLK Day of Service is observed as a "day on, not a day off." MLK Day of Service is intended to empower individuals, strengthen communities, bridge barriers, create solutions to social problems, and move us closer to Dr. King's vision of a "Beloved Community."

Happy MLK day everyone. Hopefully everyone get some good work today, or enjoys a day off from their job. Hope you all had a good weekend too. It snowed here. The toddler loved it, so that was fun, despite me usually hating snow. Actually worked a bit over the weekend too, which I never even log onto MTurk during the weekend. However, I made $405 last week, and wanted to keep that momentum going. Here's to another week! Good luck!

Comment

• cyvamp
      cyvamp commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I managed 265.00 last week, I do not have the xlab qual or alexandria. witch1 , we really can't compare our own earnings with others, because there are so many variables, quals, age, sex, race, masters etc

• Sweetheart
      Sweetheart commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with cyvamp and also hours/days worked can really affect earnings

• WhoCouldItBe
      WhoCouldItBe commented
      Editing a comment
      cyvamp & Sweetheart - I agree completely. I do have the xlab qual, which is the only reason I was able to get that amount. I generally only average $100/$150 depending on the week. But that one qual made it a much better week than usual. Plus, I am always on around 5am before most people get up and start working, so I get a lot of the jobs for the qual before everyone starts working them.

Happy MLK day to everyone! Hubby is off, so not sure how much I'll be working today.

This is part 1 with a followup coming in a few days. When you complete both you get $4.00.
    Title: Answer a survey about beverages | Accept
    Requester: MSRNE researchers [A1F9W6UY3YL34J] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$60.96] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: [Pay=4.34] [Fast=4.89] [Comm=4.68] [Fair=4.87] [Reviews=156] [ToS=0]
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 0.00
    Duration: 1:00:00
    Available: 1
    Description: We are researchers doing a study and would like your responses
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; completed_survey1_drinks_pilot2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; completed_survey1_drinks_pilot1 DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US

Comment

• Trapsshooter122
      Trapsshooter122 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did mine a few days ago still no follow up. Maybe they didn't get enough buy in yet for part 1?

• WhoCouldItBe
      WhoCouldItBe commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. I generally avoid non-paying surveys. However, it took me only 5-6 minutes, and the bonuses are nice.

• smartin
      smartin commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm with you Trapsshooter122, still haven't gotten the follow up. I'm assuming you are correct and they are waiting for enough responses from part 1

20-25 minutes, not as bad as I expected

​​​​​​
    Title: Perception test (English native speakers only) - 30 min test | PANDA
    Requester: CNRS LLF Geomphon [A2K4W82OWBUF81] (Req TV): $7.85/hr/hr
    (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
    Description: Hear sounds and make decisions about sound similarity
    Time: 4 hour(s)
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $5.00
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Rate sentences | PANDA
      Requester: RC [AL2FIUFGP4HJT] (Req TV): $21.50/hr/hr
      (TO): [Pay: 3.71] [Fair: 3.44] [Comm: 3.00] [Fast: 3.93]
      Description: Read 80 English sentences, rate how natural they are, and answer correctly to the 'yes'/'no' comprehension questions.
      Time: 30 minutes(s)
      Reward: $1.65
      Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US;
      Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | PANDA
        Requester: Ruben [A2YOREZBLQ5KVK] (Req TV): $16.43/hr/hr
        Description: Do a perceptual decision making task and provide answers to questionnaires.
        Time: 2 hour(s)
        Reward: $5.00
        Qualifications: Completed My Survey Already DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

• cyvamp
          cyvamp commented
          Editing a comment
          22 minutes, not terrible

Title: American Politics (Max 10 minutes)(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
        Requester: Jocelyn Belanger [A1FRNYP4JBDAB6] (Req TV): $13.50/hr/hr
        Description: A short survey on your attitudes regarding American Politics.
        Time: 45 minutes(s)
        HITs Available: 85
        Reward: $0.50
        Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US;

Comment

Please join me in welcoming our newest member, DeadRedHead to the forums.

Comment

• smartin
            smartin commented
            Editing a comment
            DeadRedHead glad to have you!

• Curbie
            Curbie commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome!

• DeadRedHead
            DeadRedHead commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey everyone! I'm figuring things out here! I'm sure I'll have questions! Thanks for being so welcoming!

Title: Short study(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
          Requester: GilbertLab [A1F1L6P4L69ZJG] (Req TV): N/A
          (TO): [Pay: 3.93] [Fair: 4.72] [Comm: 3.83] [Fast: 4.70]
          Description: Answer some questions about other people
          Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
          Reward: $0.75
          Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [-1323139623-192406] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

Comment

Title: Behavioral Survey (1-2 minutes; .15)(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
            Requester: UPenn Researcher [A2M70XENI0CWIR] (Req TV): $15.83/hr/hr
            (TO): [Pay: 4.25] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
            Description: 1-2 minutes; .15
            Time: 1 hour(s)
            Reward: $0.15
            Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [318031017-192410] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location In US;

Comment

Good Morning and Happy MLK Day, It's important that his dream is kept alive.

Comment

"Live dialogue to localize a friend in 3D building" are available again this morning, but I can't get them to open. I get an error message "502 bad Gateway." Does anybody else have this problem, or happen to know if the problem is on my end, or the requesters?

Comment

• tcostik
                  tcostik commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wish I could help, but I got blocked by them last night. Apparently if you have hits in your queue and they expire, it counts against you as abandoning them. Let it happen ten times and you get blocked. I know it doesn't help you but I wanted to give anyone who might work on these a heads up.

• witch1
                  witch1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  502 bad gateway is generally on their end. You could try another browser.

• NoelC
                  NoelC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I tried on two different computers, Google Chrome and Firefox, and tried opening it on my cell phone with the same result. Kind of bummed, I enjoyed doing them yesterday.

I thought I really, really wanted to move to Alaska-ya know, moose and bear!-but decided this morning that's a big NOPE! It got down into the teens last night and is only 25 now. I'm too Southern for this monkey nonsense.

Comment

• librarian50
                  librarian50 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm waiting to do my daily walk until 10, when it will get up to a balmy 27 here in Jersey.

• witch1
                  witch1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Poor Daisy actually whined when she stepped outside!

• smartin
                  smartin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Then you might want to scratch that Illinois comment from the other day! It's 5 here with a windchill of -12. Pretty much the same weather to the East of me.

If you're signed up to do this, remember it starts in about 20 minutes!
                Title: Study on Critical Thinking: Analogies (MONDAY 10 AM EST) | PANDA
                Requester: AMHR Lab @ USF [A1BM5TRRIOTZKH] (Req TV): $21.96/hr/hr
                Description: Does working on analogies improve reasoning scores? This is only available to those who did the previous scheduling task who were scheduled for MONDAY at 10 AM, Eastern Standard Time.
                Time: 3 hour(s)
                Reward: $15.00
                Qualifications: Study on critical thinking: main study EqualTo 100;

Comment

• smartin
                  smartin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's weird, mine was scheduled for 5PM and it was cancelled. Must not have gotten enough people for the time slot

• Sweetheart
                  Sweetheart commented
                  Editing a comment
                  smartin Awww that sucks!! I'm sorry. It was not so bad - it did take the full 90 minutes but you could multi-task while it was going. There was a good bit of downtime.

• hanzuh
                  hanzuh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Aaaaannd guess who forgot all about it!! The one day that I let myself sleep and didn't put my usual alarm on

I believe Bear is starting his treatment today. Please join me in sending prayers , good feelings and healing thoughts his way

Comment

• Curbie
                  Curbie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sending positive thoughts, prayers, and love your way, Bear

• belle
                  belle commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Prays for Bear.

• hanzuh
                  hanzuh commented
                  Editing a comment