banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

I hate plum pudding day - Wednesday February 12, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate plum pudding day - Wednesday February 12, 2020

Okay, okay. It's actually National Plum Pudding day - But I can't really get on board with that, because I think it's horrid. I'm pretty adventurous, there isn't much I won't try, or like. But this? No. Not happening. So for those of you who don't hate it. Here is some stuff about it.

Also known as Christmas pudding, National Plum Pudding Day celebrates a traditional holiday dessert. On February 12th, learn about this tasty treat with an interesting history.

Plum pudding is made by steaming or boiling and the pudding is usually served during the holiday season. Interestingly, many of the recipes don’t even contain any plums. One explanation given is that during the 17th century, plums were referred to as raisins or other fruits.

The name Christmas pudding is first recorded in 1858 in a novel by Anthony Trollope.

Plum pudding is usually made up of nutmeg, raisins, nuts, apples, cinnamon, and dates, along with other ingredients. In England, traditionally every person in the home holds onto the wooden spoon together to help stir the batter. While they are stirring, they also make a wish! Plum pudding has also been known to be called plum duff.

Title: Evaluate Social Media Content(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
    Requester: Research Participation Uni Basel [A28NBG3WN4UX6L] (Req TV): $11.91/hr/hr
    (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
    Description: Read a series of social media content and evaluate them. Please do not take the survey on a mobile device (e.g., on a mobile phone)
    Time: 2 hour(s)
    HITs Available: 6
    Reward: $2.00
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

Comment

Happy Wednesday! I love this little emoji with it's giant cup of coffee.

I've never tried plum pudding. But I hate raisin, and I don't think I like dates either.

Comment

• WhoCouldItBe
        WhoCouldItBe commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm on cup #3 this morning, so I feel you on that!

I hate raisins and dates, so both together is a no. Plus, I'll be honest, I don't really like pudding in general. Please don't shun me, I like it here.

• Sweetheart
        Sweetheart commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the plum pudding sounds nasty.

WhoCouldItBe Are the Xlab HITs finally gone?! I do not see any this morning!

Comment

• Sweetheart
        Sweetheart commented
        Editing a comment
        That's so weird. I don't see them at all. They're usually always there.

• WhoCouldItBe
        WhoCouldItBe commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweetheart - You still don't see them on Forker? That is actually weird.

• Sweetheart
        Sweetheart commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes they're still not there! Very strange. All my configurations are the same as always.

So yesterday I was working that different Alexandria/Xlab batch, the snap judgement one. I was having issues some of the day with my computer, but thought it was good. When I was doing them, I couldn't click on anything in the first set of choices, only the second where you decided how usual/unusual something was. I did about 90 between the 2 batches when I tried doing a qualtrics survey and couldn't click on anything at all. Cleared my cache, etc, etc, restarted. Everything worked fine. So I messed up almost 100 HITs for them. Messaged them, apologized my ass off, because you know, I love them. Offered to redo them all for free, explained what happened. They told me all was good and not to worry about it. I was so scared of them marking me as a scammer and banning me from their stuff. Or rejecting everything. Just another reason I think they are such a great requester.

Comment

• Sweetheart
        Sweetheart commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm glad it worked out. It's nice when requesters understand that sometimes things do legitimately happen that are out of our control. Technical difficulties. Likewise I think we should be understanding with them, too, as long as it is reasonable and the explanation makes sense.

• WhoCouldItBe
        WhoCouldItBe commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweetheart - Me too. I feel as though they could have checked through my history with them and saw that I produce solid work for them and maybe that helped. But man did I feel bad. I never consciously scam requesters obviously, but to do it to my favorite who provides great HITs that actually pay above average? Yesterday was not my day. I gave up at that point and just logged off.

• Sweetheart
        Sweetheart commented
        Editing a comment
        Awww it's ok! Everyone makes mistakes.

Title: Quick Survey(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
      Requester: Research Lab AB [A2B5PAIIPL58C2] (Req TV): $15.32/hr/hr
      Description: We invite you to participate in a quick survey (5 mins).
      Time: 45 minutes(s)
      HITs Available: 1
      Reward: $0.70
      Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 96; Location In US;

Comment

Good morning!

Comment

Good morning, everyone!

Comment

Title: Workplace Constraints Scale | PANDA
            Requester: Nathan Bowling [A26UDHHV57CYHD] (Req TV): $20.39/hr/hr
            Description: Complete a 146-item questionnaire about conditions you've experienced in your workplace.
            Time: 8 hour(s)
            Reward: $2.00
            Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Employment Status: Employed full time (35+ hours per week) EqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Good Morning Guys and Gals, I hope to make my goal early today so I can get out and work in my garden a bit. I want to plant more lettuce, radishes and swiss chard. This warm weather we are having is making everything grow.

Comment

Good morning, my loves! I hope today is amazing, but, so far looks a bit....quiet. Calling for more rain-what a shocker!-so I'm going to work on building an ark this afternoon.
                Positive as f*&%! Be happy and everything else is a breeze!

Comment

• CrazyCatLady
                  CrazyCatLady commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Send it out to CA, maybe it would wash the pollen away!

Title: Survey about the effectiveness of using instructions | PANDA
                Requester: Christina Stoiber [A2SPWFFPT50GEW] (Req TV): N/A
                Description: This is survey to assess the usefulness of using instructions for interactive visualizations.
                Time: 1 hour(s)
                Reward: $3.00
                Qualifications: Completed PC1 Study DoesNotExist ; US Bachelor's Degree EqualTo 1;

Comment

Title: Social Judgments Survey | PANDA
                  Requester: Behavioral Science Lab [AV0Z3PR8L4GVG] (Req TV): N/A
                  (TO): [Pay: 3.05] [Fair: 4.77] [Comm: 2.57] [Fast: 4.27]
                  Description: You will be asked to read a brief scenario and make a few hypothetical judgments.
                  Time: 15 minutes(s)
                  Reward: $0.50
                  Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: 3 minute Academic Study $0.35 | PANDA
                    Requester: Shi Jia [A2LXH4KRQ79RE5] (Req TV): $13.26/hr/hr
                    Description: Short 3 minute academic survey; pays $0.35
                    Time: 1 hour(s)
                    Reward: $0.35
                    Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Title: Answer a 5 minute survey about your consumption preferences and beliefs | PANDA
                      Requester: Anli Chen [A2JA0GOPOSBZFX] (Req TV): $12.13/hr/hr
                      Description: Complete a short reading comprehension exercise about carbon offsets, and then answer questions about your consumption preferences, beliefs, and attitudes
                      Time: 5 hour(s)
                      Reward: $0.60
                      Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US;

Comment

Working...
                      X