banner91319

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Get a Free 3-Day Trial of OTTO

Give OTTO a try for free and Discover the Way mTurk Work Should Have Always Been. To get started, contact me at [email protected]

Our site is constantly growing and adding new features. We've already come a long way in a very short time, and would love for you to become a more active member of our group.

Beyond your initial Free 3-Day Trial, to have a permanent OTTO Key you need to have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 membership.

Our current membership prices are:

Tier 1: Free
Tier 2: $10/month
Tier 3: $15/month

If you need to upgrade your membership tier, please send me a message at [email protected] , and I'll get that taken care of for you.

To Find out all about OTTO check out https://www.ourhitstop.net/otto-instructions .
See more
See less

Snippy Sunday HITs February 16, 2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snippy Sunday HITs February 16, 2020

Title: Robotic Multi-user Legibility | Accept
    Requester: GAIPS INESC-ID [A2JSF7Y4QFEK04] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$15.49] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unacceptable] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
    TO: [Pay=0.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=3.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 2.00
    Duration: 20:00
    Available: 1
    Description: Answer a quick survey about expressiveness of a robot's movements
    Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location In AU, CA, GB, US; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90

Title: Answer a survey about your relationships with your organizations | Accept
    Requester: jiejin [A2OM32YTCIMQ7H] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$15.61] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
    Reward: 1.00
    Duration: 10:00
    Description: This is an academic study that attempts to assess linkages among destructive leadership, perceived organizational justice, and how they influence the quality of employee-organization relationships and employee communication behavior.
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US

Comment

Good morning everyone! Only here for a bit before grocery shopping. Hope you all have a great, profitable day!

Has anyone ever done these? Are they safe to do, only tried a few.
      Title: Pick the best category for an e-commerce website | Accept
      Requester: NextGen Shopping LLC [A1G8WLM1PJ9YNX] Contact
      TV: [Hrly=$20.94] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
      TO: [Pay=4.11] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=3.50] [Fair=4.11] [Reviews=18] [ToS=1]
      Reward: 0.05
      Duration: 15:00
      Available: 989
      Description: Categorize an e-commerce website by reading description and viewing the site
      Qualifications: Location In AR, AU, BB, BE, BR, CA, CL, DE, DK, FI, FR, GB, PH, PL, US; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 93

Comment

Morning all

I saw that one of the members put up a post asking for help with their Mturk account being suspended last night. I don't have any experience or knowledge with the appeal process. Anyone have any ideas?

https://www.ourhitstop.com/forum/gue...nded#post93125

Comment

• Fisherman
          Fisherman commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm creating a whole thread on this topic right now : https://www.ourhitstop.com/forum/wha...ded-from-mturk

• Fisherman
          Fisherman commented
          Editing a comment
          Appears that it is an ID check type of thing...will update.

• Kizzy
          Kizzy commented
          Editing a comment
          Same thing happened to me years ago now I had to verify my account but they let me keep working while the process was going on I just couldn't transfer any money I made.

Good Morning I have a hard time breaking my early morning wake up. So here I am on a Sunday at 5:30 awake and at my desk

Comment

Good morning!

under 5 minutes

Title: Why Don't They Apply?: Diverse Concers About Working in The American Criminal Justice System | PANDA
          Requester: Wendi Pollock [AN83VNZOYES74] (Req TV): $19.58/hr/hr
          (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
          Description: The purpose of this study is to find out more about how different groups of people feel about working, or being employed, in the American criminal justice system. This study is for everyone, regardless of whether you have ever worked in the CJ system.
          Time: 1 hour(s)
          HITs Available: 1
          Reward: $1.00
          Qualifications: Masters Exists ;

Comment

Happy Sunday! Glad I went outside and did some yard work yesterday. It's raining again today. And at least one local meteorologist is calling for snow next week. The Atlanta area does not know how to function in snow.

Comment

Title: Answer a survey about vocal characteristics. | Accept
              Requester: Fotis [A1WO4XXHIF74IP] Contact
              TV: No Reviews
              TO: No Reviews
              Reward: 1.10
              Duration: 13:00
              Description: You will listen to some voice files and answer a number of questions about them.
              Qualifications: None

Comment

• librarian50
                librarian50 commented
                Editing a comment
                Finished with seconds to spare..... thank goodness it approved....
                Last edited by librarian50; 02-16-2020, 10:17 AM.

Title: Apple Harvesting Game(~ 40 minutes) | PANDA
              Requester: Niv Lab [A3RR9T5E327UK4] (Req TV): $18.56/hr/hr
              (TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
              Description: In this game, you will choose an orchard to harvest for apples. Harvest as many apples as you can! You will also complete several short surveys and watch several short videos that include some emotional content. For participating, you will be paid $7 plus a performance bonus up to $3. The entire HIT should take around 40 minutes. You will need to be able to hear audio to successfully complete this HIT.
              Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
              Reward: $7.00
              Qualifications: Location In US;

Comment

As soon as I got word of a worker getting a suspension (for what ultimately turned out to be an identification issue), I knew I'd start getting a flood of messages concerning Otto.

Amazon's suspensions have always been somewhat of a mystery. I haven't seen anything that makes me think that they are targeting script users. A lot of everyone's fear rests in a lack of understanding of how scripts work. In fact, there's no direct way for Amazon to "know" that you're using a script at all. Amazon's system does not see that you have any particular script calling their system, ( there's no tag saying "this search is courtesy of Panda Crazy" ) they only see your ID calling it..there's no "remote server" calling mTurk on your behalf, it's still your computer calling the mTurk database regardless of whether you're doing it manually, or with a scraper like Hit Forker, or running a Panda, or using Otto.

The only difference is in the frequency that it is called. This is where Page Request Errors come into play. When, for example, Hit Forker "calls" the mTurk database every second...Amazon can conclude that you're using a script as it is highly unlikely that you're refreshing their page manually every second, all day long.

When you add, Otto, PC, and anything else to the list...the frequency of "calls" to the mTurk system dramatically increases. If unchecked, you start getting PREs...and perhaps, Amazon says "they're abusing the system".

Keep your PREs down, Keep your Overall Page Request Rate above 0.8 seconds overall, using our calculator at https://www.ourhitstop.net/page-request-calculator , use good common sense, and you'll never raise an mTurk eyebrow.

Don't read instructions, run PC, Hit Forker, and Otto wide open and yeah...you'll likely end up suspended. Just like driving a car...talk on your cell phone, eat, keep your foot to the floor...you'll likely end up losing your license..or dead.

Also, there's a new reality on mTurk to consider as well...just like trading in your car for walking...if you're not using scripts on mTurk today...you might as well be picking up aluminum cans on the roadway...you're not going to make enough to justify being on mTurk.

Comment

Morning everyone!

Comment

Hi all. Beginning today I need to play catch up. I didn't work a lot last week, so it's time to knuckle down.

Comment

• CrazyCatLady
                    CrazyCatLady commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How are your ribs feeling?

• kate
                    kate commented
                    Editing a comment
                    CrazyCatLady I'm still stuck in bed, but was able to sleep on and off last night without taking any ibuprofen, so that's a good sign. Coughing is still a problem though.

Morning everyone.
                  I only did this because I have nothing else to do. 2 1/2 minutes.
                  Title: Answer a 2 minute survey about social situations. | PANDA
                  Requester: Daniel Sznycer [A313EO9GTY47JT] (TO)
                  TO Ratings:
                  ★★★★ 4.74 Communicativity
                  ★★★★★ 3.15 Generosity
                  ★★★★ 4.88 Fairness
                  ★★★★ 4.65 Promptness
                  Number of Reviews: 118 | TOS Flags: 1
                  Submit a new TO review
                  Description: Answer a 2 minute survey about social situations.
                  Time: 10800
                  Reward: $0.10
                  Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97;Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50;Location EqualTo US
                  Last edited by jacko2a; 02-16-2020, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Another for the bored. 4 minutes
                    Title: Short survey on consumer opinions and preferences | PANDA
                    Requester: Seung Eun Kim [A2VP4J8ZKYCRQS] (TO)
                    TO Ratings:
                    ★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
                    ★★★★★ 2.50 Generosity
                    ★★★★★ 0.00 Fairness
                    ★★★★★ 0.00 Promptness
                    Number of Reviews: 4 | TOS Flags: 0
                    Submit a new TO review
                    Description: This survey is to understand how consumers think about certain shopping situations. We are only looking for U.S. participants on laptops.
                    Time: 3600
                    HITs Available: 120
                    Reward: $0.25
                    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99

Comment

I just remembered tomorrow is a holiday.

Comment

• Bear
                        Bear commented
                        Editing a comment
                        yup, me too. federal, no mail no banking.

• hitforbrains
                        hitforbrains commented
                        Editing a comment
                        yeah, and not many HITs...

• Kizzy
                        Kizzy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        With Valentine's Day on Friday and then Monday President's Day Monday I bet a lot of people took a 4 day weekend.
                    Working...
                    X